VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system

+2
Simon Bourne
Anthony_Weber
6 posters

Go down

Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system Empty Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system

Post by Anthony_Weber Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 pm

I've been playing for a few hours on this server, but I've realised that the role-play is restricted to character to character interactions and only a few character to object interactions. The only character to object interactions are the few scripted things that you can buy at the 24/7 store, and the weapons in the Ammu-nation. The programming team may perhaps allow players to create THEIR OWN role-play items.

The only flaw in this system is that it requires maturity, fairness and a realistic attitude from the role-players both when they create the item, and when they use it.

Spoiler:

I feel that this system may expand the flexibility and quality of role-play in this server, thus making it more attractive for future role-players to stay. Players can make their own business out of this. At least, it would make the role-play slightly more realistic, since right now, role-play objects can be created just like that, for free. For example, I can pull out an Mp3 player from nowhere and start listening to a song in the server with a simple /me command. Which in real life, isn't quite possible.

It's quite a laborious system, but it would definitely be a unique system that will entice players to play for more hours and give this server something unique, something that people have never seen before.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system Empty Re:Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system

Post by Simon Bourne Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Lol i do that as keybind "7" t/me takes his iPod out and listens (type the song here)

Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system Empty Re: Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system

Post by Marcus Campbell Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:46 pm

It would be good if this suggestion was scripted this is a good idea /support
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system Empty Re: Attract new role-players with an object creation & Inventory system

Post by Chris_Bell Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 pm

This would be very great,but only if certain people had the ability to use this command. Like there is donator status, so there could be this. Rudy types in a command or goes into the script and gives you some status that lets you use this. It would be great.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Chris_Bell wrote:This would be very great,but only if certain people had the ability to use this command. Like there is donator status, so there could be this. Rudy types in a command or goes into the script and gives you some status that lets you use this. It would be great.

Perhaps there will be an application to use the creation command, and only people that are known to be role-play trustworthy could use this command.

Alternatively, this could be restricted to people from level 3 above. That may make it more feasible.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:32 pm

No applications, I think just admins should be able to give them out(level 2+ admins). Applications are so easy to do. No one is truthful with those, its just blowing shit out your ass to make it seem like you deserve whatever your getting. A really good example is a police application
One day your shooting random civilians, the next your "asslicking" on an application to be a cop, if your accepted whoopee!, if not, you go back to shooting civilians.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 am

Chris_Bell wrote:No applications, I think just admins should be able to give them out(level 2+ admins). Applications are so easy to do. No one is truthful with those, its just blowing shit out your ass to make it seem like you deserve whatever your getting. A really good example is a police application
One day your shooting random civilians, the next your "asslicking" on an application to be a cop, if your accepted whoopee!, if not, you go back to shooting civilians.

Very, very good idea.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am

Chris_Bell wrote:No applications, I think just admins should be able to give them out(level 2+ admins). Applications are so easy to do. No one is truthful with those, its just blowing shit out your ass to make it seem like you deserve whatever your getting. A really good example is a police application

Some factions already have that in place, I'd support a more IG application system..
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:02 pm

In game applications are even easier, because only a few people can see the applier. When an application is made on the SD forums, all hired members can see it. The more people that judge something, the fairer it will be. As everyone says forum applications are harder, which usually means better role players do them.
I still think that the admin handout would be the best choice, but other then that, this is a very good script and I think everyone would love to see it in game.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:58 pm

No level 5 should be good
Akira
Akira
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Akira wrote:No level 5 should be good
My chars are around lvl 3/4. So I'm instantly not trusted?
I go with Chris's suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:27 am

I see plenty of high levels who can not use this right, or will not be trusted at all times with this. I think just admins should be able to hand out some kind of "license" to do it. Levels are nothing, it just means that you know the script, it doesn't mean you are a trusted member.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down