VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Canon/Story line

2 posters

Go down

Server Canon/Story line Empty Server Canon/Story line

Post by Ellie_Three Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm

I think that this server needs its own storyline or canon so that everyone can have the same idea of what is and what is not possible, as well as what rules govern the world. In order for us to all rp together there are a few facts that need to be solid and universal and not just depending on the person.

What I mean is, some facts of the world must be the same for everyone.

To start with I think we should come to an agreement on the following subjects.

1. How aware are humans of the existence of vampires and werewolves? - It is impossible that they were completely unaware, but it is also not likely that they know everything about them. In your opinion how aware should the humans be of the "other races"

2. How aware are the police force? - Should the police be completely aware of vampires and werewolves and simply be reluctant to tell the citizens of their existence?

3. Are roof tops considered out of sight? - Face it, if you are a vampire or a werewolf you need to do your best to not display your abilities in public. So, does running on roof tops consist of out of sight? It can be argued that by being on top of a roof humans would not easily see you and would be really easy for us to say that allies, woods, and roof tops are "safe zones" as well as certain bars and clubs.

4. What is the governing force for vampires? - Is there any group or faction that is going to be in charge of making sure that vampires are following the "Laws" of being a vampire. I say this because I feel as though some things should be in game laws and not OOC rules. Like taking care of vampires that you embrace teaching them the rules, etc.

5. What is the governing force for wolves? - If there is any at all (There should be)

6. Should there still be gangs etc? - Its actually a legit question. If this is a vampire/werewolf rp. Then why are there still gangs and mafias? I can understand packs and clans, but im not sure exactly why there needs to be gangs etc in a vamp rp.

7. Hunters = Police? - Would the police faction technically be the "Hunter" faction?

Anyways this is what I can think of for now. In any type of RP everyone needs to be aware of what kind of world the rp takes place in. This is not twilight, this is not vampire the masquerade, bu an entirely unique rp and as such needs its own reality. For example - I noticed that there is a thread to keep track of what blood line everyone is from. This makes no sense because not everyone that is here is aware of the masquerade storyline and might not know the significance of "Blood Lines"
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Server Canon/Story line Empty Re: Server Canon/Story line

Post by Chris_Bell Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm

1. Humans know absolutely nothing when they first log in. They must learn about vampires on their own, or be told by other players ICly.

2. Same thing goes for police as number one.

3. To be "out of sight", I believe you must be scriptly out of sight, unless Rping in/behind something, one example would be a box, you would have to RP hiding in it. To hide their abilities, some vampires have "retractable fangs" in which they can hide them in the top of their mouths, but in that case it would leave two holes where the fangs would of been. Other abilities are hidden by not using them in public. There are weaknesses of vampires appearances. like scales, loss of body parts, and ugliness, but I have yet to see a single vampire Rp any downfalls of their bloodlines, only their strengths.

4. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5. Wolves will "free-roam" unless they are in a pack, in which the alpha-male/wolf will lead them and make rules. This race has no specific government in a large scale, but only in their small packs

6. Yes there are, can, and will be gangs. This is the same as any other RP server but it's spiced up with the wolves' and vampire's dark roleplay. It adds a lot of differences and makes it one of the best servers. Gangs are here just to make it feel normal to the average roleplayer in my opinion. It is also fun to roleplay.

7. If by hunter you mean hunting wolves/vampires, then no. More then half of the SD are vampires, some are humans, and one or two are wolves(or at least I saw applications). The SD is just as normal as any other, just spiced up with vampires and wolves.

Anyways this is just what I am aware of and what I think this server has/is about.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I wasnt giving my personal opinions yet, I am simply trying to show a proper example of how not everyone might be on the same page/think the same ways. Like you said about not all vampires rpin their blood line appearances. The reason they dont might simply be because they do not follow the masquerade series. The world of vampire the masquerade does not automatically unless it is formally stated that this is a Vamp Masquerade RP.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 am

Well about the bloodlines, people pick and choose bloodlines from the bloodline guide, and only use their strengths. I have yet to see one weakness be performed. I'd have to say this is pretty similar to the Masquerade game or whatever, from what I've heard.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:58 am

Exactly my point, saying that its pretty similar, or that you are unsure of rather or not its based on The Masquerade means that some people are rping like it is while some people do not. Which is why we need to make a set rule governing the storyline. If this is a Masquerade RP then the blood line thing needs to be more strictly enforced and have some sort of In game way of telling the difference. Although I strongly recommended that we not use the Masquerade and simply write our own story line.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down