VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

((Closed))

+2
Chris_Bell
Anthony_Weber
6 posters

Go down

How feasible do you think this is?

((Closed)) I_vote_lcap82%((Closed)) I_vote_rcap 82% 
[ 18 ]
((Closed)) I_vote_lcap9%((Closed)) I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
((Closed)) I_vote_lcap5%((Closed)) I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
((Closed)) I_vote_lcap4%((Closed)) I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

((Closed)) Empty ((Closed))

Post by Anthony_Weber Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Deleted because I have to go.

What was posted before:

Last edited by Anthony_Weber on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Leaving comment.)

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

((Closed)) Empty Re: ((Closed))

Post by Chris_Bell Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 pm

I think you need to stick with one idea, the pharmacy was okay. The church is good too. But maybe stick with one. This would be cool to see applied to the roleplay though.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 am

TBH, I think it would be sick if there was a church faction that was secerately a group of religious vampire/werewolf hunters considering them to be "Abominations against the lord" Although I dont think that there is nearly enough active players for there to be so many factions, I strongly believe that there should be some sort of hunter faction. Where there are vampires, there are vampire hunters. If you did something like this, I would be /Superdupersupport.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

((Closed)) Empty Re: (Requesting commands & Approval) The Palomino Creek Roman Catholic Church

Post by Simon Bourne Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 am

I'm THE Bishop ;D /support
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:38 am

Ellie_Three wrote:TBH, I think it would be sick if there was a church faction that was secerately a group of religious vampire/werewolf hunters considering them to be "Abominations against the lord" Although I dont think that there is nearly enough active players for there to be so many factions, I strongly believe that there should be some sort of hunter faction. Where there are vampires, there are vampire hunters. If you did something like this, I would be /Superdupersupport.
Read. READ. READ BEFORE YER WRITE!
This is a peaceful organisation. No hunting evolved, like any normal catholic church.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 am

Contrary to what you might believe I did read your post. So allow me to rephrase my previous post so that my point is more clearly understood.

I do not support the idea of a peaceful church faction with scripted commands. No offense intended but your faction simply serves no true purpose other than for the sake of rp. There is literally nothing that your faction IRL should be able to do that can not already be done through simply rping it. Why do you need a cmd to forgive someone of their sins when you can easily /me and /do the exact same effect? Now on to what I stated in my previous post, if this were a faction like which I described in my post, then I would understand why you would want custom scripted cmds because your faction would then become a central part of the server wide rp and not just something on the side.

Consider this - > In most servers PD factions have cmds that others cant use such as /arrest and /tazer. The reason for this is because the PD as a whole servers a significant part of the server rp as being the main deterrent to illegal activity.

Gangs typically have a few cmds or abilities that others dont have. This is usually the ability to spawn/farm/build illegal weapons and drugs. The reason they have their own cmds is because gangs/mafias as a whole contribute to the overall server rp.

Medics, same thing. They overall contribute to the entire server rp. Without gangs, medics, or PD the rp simply would not function properly and as such they are given cmds so that they are able to fit there much needed role.

Your faction however, serves little to no benefit to the entire server rp. Someone to confess sins to is simply not a nessicary addition outside of an individual players desire to do so. This need can easily be accommodated by simply RP without the need of cmds at all. Now as far as the ranks I suppose sure that is ok, though again not needed. The church being scripted with an interior I agree with. It makes little to no sense why it wouldnt have an interior.

Back on the point of my previous post. If your faction was in fact a group of religious warriors (Which considering the theme of this rp is entirely sound and in my opinion contributes a great deal to the overall server RP), Then I would be supportive of you having all of the things you are desiring for this faction to be implemented.

TL:DR - I did read your first post, you simply misunderstood mine. I suppose I should apologize for my attempt in speaking in a casual tone. I guess things must be mundanely laid out for some to understand without instantly jumping to assumptions.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Update: Applications are open.
To apply to join the unofficial Church faction, keep your eyes peeled for Jones_Cunningham.
He will give you an IC and OOC test.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darko123 Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Church interior link.
Darko123
Darko123
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Darko123 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Church interior link.

Very well done!! But this needs to be implemented server-side, so to sync. This is awesome >w<

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Ellie_Three wrote:Contrary to what you might believe I did read your post. So allow me to rephrase my previous post so that my point is more clearly understood.

I do not support the idea of a peaceful church faction with scripted commands. No offense intended but your faction simply serves no true purpose other than for the sake of rp. There is literally nothing that your faction IRL should be able to do that can not already be done through simply rping it. Why do you need a cmd to forgive someone of their sins when you can easily /me and /do the exact same effect? Now on to what I stated in my previous post, if this were a faction like which I described in my post, then I would understand why you would want custom scripted cmds because your faction would then become a central part of the server wide rp and not just something on the side.

Consider this - > In most servers PD factions have cmds that others cant use such as /arrest and /tazer. The reason for this is because the PD as a whole servers a significant part of the server rp as being the main deterrent to illegal activity.

Gangs typically have a few cmds or abilities that others dont have. This is usually the ability to spawn/farm/build illegal weapons and drugs. The reason they have their own cmds is because gangs/mafias as a whole contribute to the overall server rp.

Medics, same thing. They overall contribute to the entire server rp. Without gangs, medics, or PD the rp simply would not function properly and as such they are given cmds so that they are able to fit there much needed role.

Your faction however, serves little to no benefit to the entire server rp. Someone to confess sins to is simply not a nessicary addition outside of an individual players desire to do so. This need can easily be accommodated by simply RP without the need of cmds at all. Now as far as the ranks I suppose sure that is ok, though again not needed. The church being scripted with an interior I agree with. It makes little to no sense why it wouldnt have an interior.

Back on the point of my previous post. If your faction was in fact a group of religious warriors (Which considering the theme of this rp is entirely sound and in my opinion contributes a great deal to the overall server RP), Then I would be supportive of you having all of the things you are desiring for this faction to be implemented.

TL:DR - I did read your first post, you simply misunderstood mine. I suppose I should apologize for my attempt in speaking in a casual tone. I guess things must be mundanely laid out for some to understand without instantly jumping to assumptions.

Yes, you make a good point BUT in life, not everyone is a Criminal cop or medic, this faction would be considered a civilian faction, it would be nice to have a faction that wasnt a gang, mafia, ect. I full on support.

Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 pm

I didnt say he shouldn't have the faction. I said that he shouldn't have his own cmds and such as this is simply an RP faction and can be done rprically without scripting. (other than the interior of the church)
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:59 pm

So , player needs to apply IG .. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:21 am

RaidenDragneel wrote:So , player needs to apply IG .. Rolling Eyes

By "apply IG" I mean speak to Jones_Cunningham, and I'll write you down in the list if I see that you're a good roleplayer and the character is suitable for it. I'll try come on with him tomorrow.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down