VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP DM. A rule that should be enforced.

+3
Ellie_Three
Simon Bourne
Anthony_Weber
7 posters

Go down

RP DM. A rule that should be enforced. Empty RP DM. A rule that should be enforced.

Post by Anthony_Weber Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 pm

There is something that in this server, players do not seem to fully grasp. It is the rule that prohibits Role-play deathmatching. I don't see anyone talking about this, so I'll talk about it.

-----
1. What is RP-DM?
Role-play deathmatching is assaulting someone in order to KILL the person with role-play involved. The following is an example of something that happened recently.
Example:
This encourages people to:
1. Stop co-operating and start responding to S/F actions unrealistically
2. Leave the role-play out of boredom, or leave the server due to fruitless RP (take bishop_bourne, for example... He seems to be annoyed by the RP style of certain people)
3. Become angry and flame OOCly, asking why your character is just randomly killing them
4. Bring admins into the situation to try find any single PIECE of the roleplay that was a rule violation to get the other one in trouble, thus wasting the time of the admins.

THIS also includes hitting someone with a bat and capturing the person with the sole purpose of killing him/her, which produces a SERIOUSLY boring, pointless RP that many times ends up becoming another immature OOC flame war that brings admins in.
-----
2. How can I avoid RP-DM?
Think of the role-play as if it were a hollywood movie. Would a gangmember just bat someone at the back of the head and take him somewhere to torcher him and throw him away? Would a vampire just randomly see a werewolf he does not know and kill the werewolf with super fighting skills?
...No. Who would even bother seeing that kind of movie? Saying "Werewolves and vampires hate each other" is not a valid justification. Or saying that "gang members hate each other". You got to at least look for one small provocation.

In addition, don't role-play with the intention of using guns or weapons, or kill people and avoid death. Simple as that.
-----

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

RP DM. A rule that should be enforced. Empty Re: RP DM. A rule that should be enforced.

Post by Simon Bourne Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:17 am

God dammit why do you always use me as an example?
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

RP DM. A rule that should be enforced. Empty Re: RP DM. A rule that should be enforced.

Post by Ellie_Three Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am

Very good post /support. There is a lot more rp to be gained from not killing someone than there is for killing them. Your a vampire and you see a wolf, instead of killing the werewolf why not do something like attack it and leave it simply wounded? Capture it and throw it in a lake? Get a few other vampires together and chase him off. What does this do? Now that werewolf (not having died and lost his memory) can band together with other wolves etc and then we will really have a underworld type war going on. Where its not I kill you, you kill me. Its much deeper, I cause trouble to destroy your business, you send police to raid my homes on a false tip. Things like that.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

/supportx99
I'm always saying this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Ehm... No.

If I want to kill Jack Johnson cause he knows to much about vampires, I don't need to EVERY TIME explain him OOCly that he knows to much. And even when I DO explain to him, he starts whining or bitching around.

There is no DM-RP, its a Roleplay, nothing personal.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Nicolas wrote:Ehm... No.

If I want to kill Jack Johnson cause he knows to much about vampires, I don't need to EVERY TIME explain him OOCly that he knows to much. And even when I DO explain to him, he starts whining or bitching around.

You have to explain to him OOCly if he asks why you are attacking him. Otherwise, proceed as normal.

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Anthony_Weber wrote:

You have to explain to him OOCly if he asks why you are attacking him. Otherwise, proceed as normal.

No. I don't have to, but I CAN.

I mean.. WHAT.. If someone uses /me attempts to chop your head off, will some OOC shit save him from being RPKed? It would be METAGAME if you forget about your /me action cause of some OOC thing.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 pm

You do realize of course that after you kill him once for knowing too much you cant just kill him again for the same reason. Like if he saw you do something vamp like and then you killed him, then he simply forgets that he saw you. If he saw you like three days ago, or found out days ago. Killing him wont make him forget, so it would be DM to just kill him everytime.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Nicolas wrote:
Anthony_Weber wrote:

I mean.. WHAT.. If someone uses /me attempts to chop your head off, will some OOC shit save him from being RPKed? It would be METAGAME if you forget about your /me action cause of some OOC thing.
What we're saying is that you need, I repeat, you NEED a VALID IC reason to kill the person. Foul mouthing is not a valid reason, for example, and just standing there isn't a good one either...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:05 pm

The Constipator wrote:
Nicolas wrote:
Anthony_Weber wrote:

What we're saying is that you need, I repeat, you NEED a VALID IC reason to kill the person. Foul mouthing is not a valid reason, for example, and just standing there isn't a good one either...

I have it...

That is what I was talking about...
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Anthony_Weber wrote:

No, you can just ignore the OOC, Jaxson/Rudy/Dilandau/WerewolfMcNameIcantremember AKA the server owner stated you can ignore ALL OOC unless its an admin.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Sam Andersun wrote:
Anthony_Weber wrote:

No, you can just ignore the OOC, Jaxson/Rudy/Dilandau/WerewolfMcNameIcantremember AKA the server owner stated you can ignore ALL OOC unless its an admin.

It isn't a rule, but it should be a rule. Roleplays are co-operative, NOT COMPETITIVE. Once a roleplay becomes competetitive, immature behaviour follows... With a very grim, frustrating role-play that erupts to an OOC battle, unless one person gives in. And both sides know that if they given in, all that would happen is that they see a boring story crashing into a dead end as their character is brutally murdered, torchered or thrown away.

Co-operative OOC consent does look a bit valueable, doesn't it?
We must be building stories together, and not fighting to get our personal stories to be the one that happened..

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Im not saying you ignore at the beginning, but if the person continues to argue with you OOCly, just start RPing, he has to or he'll get in trouble.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Donnerfield Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Damn, I miss you Anthony.
D_Donnerfield
D_Donnerfield
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:14 pm

D_Donnerfield wrote:Damn, I miss you Anthony.

You sir deserve a medal for bumping up an really old topic.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:32 pm

I support this but only if both parties agree. I wouldn't like it if someone came up to me and started attacking me with a random reason they think is valid.
Miller
Miller
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down