VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something must be done about Vampire PGing

+7
Edward Veatress
tonice6
Sam Andersun
Anthony_Weber
Niklaus Corvin
Nicolas Djordjevic
Ellie_Three
11 posters

Go down

Something must be done about Vampire PGing  Empty Something must be done about Vampire PGing

Post by Ellie_Three Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 pm

This is starting to get ridiculous. Im really getting tired of every single rp that I get in with a vampire always ends the same way. They use their vampire abilities without hesitation to get what they want when they want. Just a few moments ago a wolf was attacking a human (I think he was a human) and the human was resisting. I fully rp pulled out a gun, taking aim, and even a /do saying that I would fire if the wolf attacked again. The wolf did, and I shot it. All is going well, next thing I know a vampire runs up and with one /me knocks the gun out of my hand and takes it. I want to stress something "Just because you asked me if it is S/F does not mean your are not power gaming." The problem with the vampires and wolves right now are that even if they ask you S/F if you say Fail they always complain OOC about it. Im getting sick and tired of vampires and wolves being able to just do what ever they want. Its ruining the rp for humans especially considering that vampires and wolves do not follow rule 11: You have to RP fear of weaponry, just the same as humans. If I have a gun in my hand that is loaded and ready to fire it is power gaming to attempt to disarm it with your vamp speed.

Now that my rage is over here is my suggestions to cut down on the Non human race Power Gaming.

1. Strongly enforce rule numbers 11 and 14. Which means that using vampire str and vampire spd in public is AGAINST THE RULES.

2. Put a limit on how often vampires can use their abilities. Maybe something like once per week they are allowed to feed from a human. Upon feeding they will refill there blood points. Blood points would be used to activate your abilities. Each time you use one of your abilities such as vamp speed or vamp str etc you loose a blood point until eventually you are simply too drained to continue to do such things.

3. For the love of god, can we please a vampire/werewolf complaint section on the forums. A section devoted entirely to exposing the bull shit that vampires and werewolves do on a daily bases so maybe we can weed out some of these Power Gaming players.

With that being said, Im re installing fraps. Ive been trying to be a good sport about it, but its just getting out of hand now. Its to the point where rping human is becoming a disadvantage.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Something must be done about Vampire PGing  Empty Re: Something must be done about Vampire PGing

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 pm

/support , some of the vampire does PGing . Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Something must be done about Vampire PGing  Empty Re: Something must be done about Vampire PGing

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:53 pm

No more snapping necks. It's not realistic.
And how vampires can bust through car doors is also not realistic.
And how vampires can dent the fucking roof of a motor home with their fists is not realistic.
/support, this has to STOP.
I disagree with the "blood points" though. Some people here RP that they eat normal bloody meat that you can in fact buy from teh store IRL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 pm

You see a vampire PGer?

/report is your brother.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Niklaus Corvin Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

I support you in part and in part not.
Well, I think that many vampires PG, but for example : You're aiming at a friend of a vampire and the vampire is next to you, in my point of view he can easily use his vampire speed to kick the gun making it fly away. If they expose themselves, they will have to accept the punishment.
I hate one someone tries to win by using excuses but that's not a reason to deny vampires to use their powers. It's worst with the wolves, they shape shift in the middle of the city, biting everyone.
Anyway, if I want to save a friend using my powers, I will do it, you can't just deny us our powers, but if you consider something pg /report ID REASON and take a SS of that /me or /do or whatever it ist

Last edited by Salvatore_Rigante on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Niklaus Corvin
Niklaus Corvin
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:21 am

Agreed fully, guys!!! -.-

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 am

Agree but I dont agree with the blood points.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by tonice6 Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:24 am

/Support all!
tonice6
tonice6
Forum Scavenger
Forum Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:40 am

Blood points was just a random idea on the spot. Mostly it was the enforcing of the rules that are already set in place. I feel as though vampires and werewolves use their abilities as an end all beat all trump card to be played in just about every situation. Though I understand what the previous poster meant about protecting a friend but there is simply some things that go to far. Ive been attacked by vampires several times for no reason at all and its getting lame.

In any case, I have fraps now and I will be sending our reports left and right until people start calling me a snitch and never wanting to PG in front of me again.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Veatress Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:41 am

/FULLFUCKINGGIANTSUPPORT

I hate it when Bishop snaps everyone's neck just for punching someone(kindred). Bishop, no offense but you abuse Vampire Powers and ICly and OOCly you have no clue whatsoever
Edward Veatress
Edward Veatress
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 am

/BIG ASS TACTICAL SUPPORT

BUT I LIKE SNAPPIN' NECKS!
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrero Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 pm

SUPPORT THIS!!

Yesterday, i tried to knock out someone by kicking his neck forcefully.. and he did Failed!, becuz of Vampire strenght 5?! WTF IS THAT?! lol.

Guerrero
Rookie Killer
Rookie Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Montgomery Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 pm

I'd also like to note how most of the vampires don't rp injuries both in script fights and roleplay fights.I mean..What the hell I stab a vampire with a screwdriver trough his neck and he just takes it as a small injury then begins to attack me back like nothing happened to him.
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:30 pm

What this is, is a lack of information and what I mean by this is that the vampire ranks and wolf ranks don't really mean anything. Like for instance you say you are vampire speed rank 3? Mkay in this vampire's head he might see this as going 30 mph, but in your vision of thought you might think that he's going a considerably lower speed. Because of this the two rpers are un able to meet at a common ground and agree on something. There really isn't any set detailed information, I mean I asked an admin if a wolf speed is faster than vampire speed 2 and he could not tell me. We need to go into more detail on the habits and workings of each race and their abilities otherwise everyone is going to have their own perspective on how each race works and noone will agree on anything. Adding more rules I assure you isn't going to help, it's just gonna piss people off and people are just gonna break them and it takes away the freedom of the rpers. Also I don't really like Bishop snapping necks either, cause honestly he needs to rp it a little more better in my opinion -.-, but I think it's somewhat natural to attack someone who is attacking one of your kindred race.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm

I agree with the previous poster entirely. However the thing that I was focused most on was the instantly going for a kill shot. What I mean is, if you are getting into a fight with a vampire they should not be able to automatically go for a kill shot. That is power gaming. It would be like me going /me attempts to stab you in the jaw with a knife /do S/F?

All Im saying is, I want people to stop always going directly for a kill attack every time. Fight with your target, throw him into a wall, punch him, claw him, HAVE A FIGHT. Then towards the end, snap there necks.

Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:15 pm

M_Bourne wrote:/BIG ASS TACTICAL SUPPORT

BUT I LIKE SNAPPIN' NECKS!
NO MORE SNAPPING NECKS!
I find this ironic as you are one of the prime examples of this topic's topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down