VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SD] Edward Moriarty

2 posters

Go down

[SD] Edward Moriarty Empty [SD] Edward Moriarty

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 pm

In Character

First Name: Edward

Last Name: Moriarty

Race: Caucasian

Date of Birth: 14/11/1986

Place of Birth: Denver, Colorado

Current active address: Sixty One Dilimore

Available phone number(s): 1010312

Education: Highschool, College. Degree in Political Science, DU.

Are you currently in occupation?: No. Unemployed.
If yes, what is your current occupation?:

Have you had any previous occupations?: Yes.
If yes, what were your previous occupations?: Several small part time jobs. One full time job as an ambulance driver.

Do you own a current valid driver license?: Yes.
If yes, has it ever been suspended?: Not to my knowledge.

Do you posses any knowledge or experience in the law enforcement area?: An average amount. I understand the basics.
Have you ever been arrested?: Never.
If yes for what charges/crimes?: N/A.

Have you ever served time in prison?: Never.
If yes for what charges/crimes?: N/A.

Biography:
Well what to say, I was born in denver, colorado. Pretty nice place to live to be sure. Could get fairly cold sometimes, epecially towards the winter months. I spent most of my life in that city. I admit that while it was not the worst place to live, it could have been better. Crime in the city was...Moderate...But, i only got mugged about twice. And even then that was when i strolled into the bad side of town. I've sorta rolled through life straight down the middle, never crossing to any extreme and trying to show moderation in most things i did. After i finished my formal education, receiving my degree in political science i packed up and left home hopefully for good.Needing to escape from this place, i traveled for a few months, experiencing many of the sights the state had to show and eventually travelling out of state. Eventually, i ended up passing through Red County.I had absolutley no intention of staying in town at first. Then all the...Weirdness began. I saw some pretty strange stuff in my first few days here i can tell you. Curiosity kills the cat i guess. Now i'm just trying to survive and find out more about this rather strange backwater.

Out of Character

Server nickname: Edward_Moriarty

Past characters and factions:
EMS.
How long have you been a member of this server?: About a week, played a lot though. Almost level 7.

Have you ever been banned from this server (if yes, why)?: No.

Why do you wish to join this faction?: Well, if theres one thing i know how to roleplay, it's a cop. I can do it fairly well and am fairly well versed in many of the things an officer must do in the line of duty.
Have you ever played on any other role play servers (if yes, which)?: Yes. Z.O.R.P for SAMP. Spent some time on LSRP. Spent some time on others. Also have RP experience from a few MMORPGS and some stuff that is'nt computer based.
Do you posses any law enforcement knowledge or role play experience?: STARs. Served as a recruit up until the rank of commander (Co-Leader) In total i was in the faction for almost a year.
Have you read the application rules?: Absolutley.
Any other comments:
Looking forward to RP'ing with everyone here.

Role Play

Explain what is role play and its basics: Role play is, simply put, extending yourself to fulfil the role of a virtual character in a virtual world. A roleplayer acts as a character they create, making them a personality, backstory and pretty much anything to do with them. They then use this created character to interact with others within the game world. In a roleplay enviornment players act within the constraints placed upon them by the rules of those who create them.

Explain what is meta game and give two different examples: Metagame is where a player utilises out of character knowledge by pretending that their character knows it, even if there is no way the player character could have any knowledge of the matter.
Example 1: PLayer 1 pm's player 2: Hey we are hanging out in *Inster building name here*.
*Player 2 runs to the building and acts like he knew the people were inside*
Players in building: /b How did you know we were here?
Player 2: /b *Lul b cause *Player 1* told me.
Here player 2 is utilising the information given to him by player 1 in a PM to find the players. This is metagaming.
Example 2:
*New player walks up to regular player*
New player: Lol hi *Regular players name*
Regular player: /b How do you know my name?
New player Lol b cause it says it above ur head.
Here new player is metagaming my gaining the players name from the text display. He is also metagaming becuae he is failing tom use /b for an OOC conversation.
Explain what is power game and give two different examples:
Powergame is where a player either: Performs an action without attempting it, thus succeeding every single time, without giving other players the oppurtunity to react/fightback. It is also performing acts well beyond the boundries of the constraints placed currently upon the player.
Example 1:
Player is cuffed by cop.
/me pulls his arms apart cuz he is really strong and breaks the stainless steel cuffs in two.
Example 2:
/me punches the man in the face, knocking him and out and making him fly backwards.
Explain what is "gun from ass": This is where a player will scroll to a weapon, pull it out and act like it was there all along. They will not do any /me's in order to remove the weapon from wherever it is.

Give an example of a good detailed role play /me:
/me backs slowly away from the creature, sweat pouring down his forehead, the gun shaking visibly in his hand, his eyes wide in fear at the creature before him.
Give an example of a bad role play /me:

/me looks at monster and cries
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

[SD] Edward Moriarty Empty Re: [SD] Edward Moriarty

Post by Shin Takeshi Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:31 am

Mr. Moriarty,

Your application has been processed, and we would like to bring you in for a followup interview. Please, come to the station in Dillimore, and ask for Sheriff or Captain Ashford, or Captain Valentine.

Signed,

L. Ashford.
Shin Takeshi
Shin Takeshi
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down