VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osama bin La Den dead

+10
Samara
Chris_Bell
Matt Mercer
Simon Bourne
Andre Campbell
Alexander
Xavi
Victor_Jankowski
Sam Akabara
Alex Montgomery
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Osama bin La Den dead - Page 2 Empty Re: Osama bin La Den dead

Post by Sam Akabara Wed May 04, 2011 8:25 pm

I feel that my signature is relevants to this topic.

Osama bin La Den dead - Page 2 Memes-osama-bin-laden

Osama bin La Den dead - Page 2 Memes-osama-is-dead-go-back-to-playing-portal
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavi Wed May 04, 2011 8:34 pm

ChuckyFTW wrote:
Xavi wrote:
ChuckyFTW wrote:
Xavi wrote:
ChuckyFTW wrote:
Xavi wrote:I highly doubt it, our scumbag government arent trustfull...

Isn't*

Instead of trying to seek peoples grammar mistakes, do something useful.

Heh, after a 30 second search, youre right...

Isn't*

You're*

I did say "Youre", I didn't see the punctuation mark necessary in the fucking internet, if you think fixing grammar on the net gives you a reputation, youre wrong, troll.Btw, one word post, but I doubt it's a rule on this forum.

On Topic:

USA knew Osama's location all along, simples.
img

Probably the best tweet about Osama and Islam, respect for Mike cheers

Providing constructive criticism is way more different than ''trolling'',I was just trying to help you improve your grammar.

Well basically you can fuck off to your own business, I have teachers teaching me in my school, also, improving grammar isnt just pointing out an error in a topic that has nothing to do with my or your grammar, you could just PM me with specific sentences, not with a one word post, but I don't really need that, I would post with correct grammar if I could've been assed, anyways we should end this small chat.

I am quite convinced that Osama is really killed, I don't know why, but I just am, but hell, we can never know if he's really dead, he could be in his cave.

Osama bin La Den dead - Page 2 Enhanced-buzz-4328-1304444441-2
Xavi
Xavi
New Residence

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Wed May 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Osama was a billionaire with kidney dialysis. He was never in a cave. And I think that killing him is just going to create a massive counter by insurgents, people are gonna get hurt because of this.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 am

Moriarty wrote:Osamas death is bad for business.
This is not a case of cutting off the head and the body will fall. This is a case of cut one head off and more grow back.
Osamas death is just something thousands of angry young extremists can look to and declare their undying revenge for this man who they perceived as a "warrior". For many on that side, Osamas death was Martydom.
All this means for us is more death, more killing and our own ignorance of how to handle extremism is what's going to get more people killed in the end.
Be afriad, be very afraid.

Actually the best response in this topic.
However, I would be expecting a revised attack on the United States or another Western Nation. To hit back unorganised and quickly will only do so much, They need their own victory to top America's.

America needed and deserved that victory. However, The war is not won and there is still a long way to go, UBL (Usama Bin Laden) was not the leader of the Insurgency so he wasn't the real head of the terroist network. America needs to continue to destabilise the Insurgent web for progress to be made still, This event is a good morale booster and it probably reset the West's attitude towards the Afganistan War, At least for now.

I wouldn't be concerned about if UBL is dead or not, Because if he isn't dead his status wouldn't be lifted. It also gives the Americans another chance to capture him and the information he might hold.

The west will have to take the retaliation from this assassination, Expect something like the London bombings but not another September 11.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Thu May 05, 2011 2:46 am

The problem with terrorist organisations like these is that you can't just stop them. Aslong as theres someone out there saying something some group will take offence to it. Or some cause will pop up.
And these components of groups like AQ are generally largely unconnected from the network as a whole.
They work similarly to how the IRA worked back in the day, which meant small cells, little to no contact with one another. Usually made up of a few angry young men from a particular background, one handler incharge of them who was connected to someone else who handled a group of handlers and so forth.
And therein also lies the problem. You can cut them off temporarily, but then another one pops in to fill the role of the one you just removed it only takes one angry dissillusioned person to do any role within an extremist organisation.
so the question is, can we really stop AQ? Or any other terrorist organisation for that matter that's on this scale.
I mean, sure, ovr time eventually such structures weaken. But how long before AQ falls that far, especially when the countries they are based in, such as pakistan, have people in high places in the government, military and police forces who are sympathetic to their cause, shielding them constantly. I mean look how long it took them to spot Osama, not half a mile away from the Pakistan Military Academy.
We wont see the end of these extremists for a long time.
But then again, people keep forgetting that this has been going on for decades, it's just that with the internet coming into the fore over the last decade and communication networks improving on a massive scale people are able to hear more news with increasing detail at fast speeds, with on the day updates on events. It also means news can reach more ears quickly.
Infact, once again this is also what contributes to our problem. Communications technology.
For instance, do you really think so many people in the UK would have heard about a small extremist group burnning poppies and protesting outside london airports thirty years ago? Ofcourse not. But now half the globe could pick up on these facts in a day, people are able to speak out more and this allows extremists to reach out farther to more and more like minded individuals, giving them the oppurtunity to pursue their extremists views or feelings.

Anyhow, i dont know where i was going with this, but i felt i needed to type it out.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 am

Al Q. is like a Hydra, chop one head off and 2 more grow.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Fogry Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am

I think that more than 2 heads will grown... and they will cause even more troubels than Osama... but i dont know...
Fogry
Fogry
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavi Thu May 05, 2011 1:04 pm

The real irony is that one day Osama Bin Laden will be oil.

Weird coincidences and facts down here.

-- Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler killed himself on April 30, 1945, and his death was announced May 1. Osama bin Laden was killed May 1, 2011.

-- Within two hours of the announcement that bin Laden was dead, more than 145,000 people had joined a Facebook group called "Osama bin Laden is dead 5/1/11."

--The FBI has updated its "Most Wanted" list.

--The original plan was to bomb bin Laden's compound, but President Obama rejected it in favor of a helicopter raid.

--Baseball fans attending Sunday night's Mets-Phillies game erupted in chants of "USA!" when news of bin Laden's death spread through Citizens Bank Ballpark.

-- 899 people were following the fake Twitter account @binladen at 1 a.m. Monday, but that number was increasing after news of bin Laden's death. Among the tweets from the fake account early Monday: I'm not dead, just a little busy at the moment.

-- University of Georgia students gathered early Monday near the famous arch to celebrate bin Laden's death as the chapel bell rang in the background.

-- Bin Laden was killed 3,519 days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the U.S.

-- The U.S. believes bin Laden's son was also killed Sunday.

-- Bin Laden was killed by a bullet to the head.

-- The compound where bin Laden was living had walls 12-18 feet high, with barbed wire at the top, a top U.S. official said. There was no telephone or Internet service.

-- The compound was just 100 yards from a Pakistani military academy.

--Bin Laden was one of more than 50 children of millionaire construction magnate Mohamed bin Laden. Bin Laden was reported to have had at least 23 children from at least five wives.

-- Bin Laden was 54 years old.
Xavi
Xavi
New Residence

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Xavi wrote:The real irony is that one day Osama Bin Laden will be oil.

-- Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler killed himself on April 30, 1945, and his death was announced May 1. Osama bin Laden was killed May 1, 2011.

Only for half of the world. Here in Aus, it was the 2nd of May.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 pm

When someone dies Samara you note down the date of death in the region they're in. Which means that officially, and for all intents and purposes it was the 1st.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 am

I'm locking this now to stop any resurrection and potential flame war. (as seen unfold on other forums)
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2