VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few Changes

+2
Tom Stall
Arnold Angel
6 posters

Go down

Few Changes Empty Few Changes

Post by Arnold Angel Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 am

Hello Citizens of this great Community ((Fail Entrance))

I am pleased to inform you that we have some great news. News about the forums, the site of which kieran has introduced us will not be used the way we all thinked. We will have it as our homepage and easily branch off to this forum, and multiple forums for some factions that think deserve them. To let you all know this will not be permanent, in due time we will have a vote to decide on whether to have a new forum, but in the end Management decides.

We have a new trial admin of which we hope will do well, you can find out yourself who it is.

Also we have introduced some new updates for the forum such as,

• Reputation System
  • New Groups
  • Better Moderation

The reputation system works like this, if someone has helped you or even speaks your mind, on the right of there post, preferablly the top right corner is a + and - sign, + means a boost of there reputation and a - means a decrease of their reputation. This should not be ABUSED, if found abused you will be punished accordingly.

New Groups? We've had a few problems with the Forum Admin Panel, to many people have had access to it. I created a group in which will change that called "Server Management" the people in this group are in charge of the forums more importantly their probably a lead administrator. IG Admins still have a group, just not the same rights. This will improve your replies in the complaint a player section and a suggestion section. This also ties in with the better Moderation.

Thank you all for reading, I do not know for sure but I think Kyol_Daniels will be helping Rudy Script/Map for the server, im not sure but please be prepared for some server updates. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lead Administrator,
Arnold Angel.
Arnold Angel
Arnold Angel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Few Changes Empty Re: Few Changes

Post by Tom Stall Sun May 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks for info Chad Smile Nice updates, luckily you changed that black theme back to this! Razz
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Carreiro Sun May 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Raiden's already got himself -5 Very Happy

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : t0mpwnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah .. 5 people hates me because they think I am post counting . -.-

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 am

Tommy Carreiro wrote:Raiden's already got himself -5 Very Happy
Trying to be neutral here.... -6.
And yeah, rep systems on other forums are removed for good reasons, are you entirely sure you want this to happen?
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth Sullivan Mon May 23, 2011 1:44 am

Well I personally like the changes and updates over this. Everything seems to be running smoothly, though there might be a problem. I'm not sure if Peter stated it this way as I'm using it, but the Rep system might cause little arguments/fights/rages started. But I think other than that, the rep system should stay for a little while, and if all goes well then keep it, but if these problems start to expand or get worse removing it should be a solution. Anyways, great job on all these updates.
Kenneth Sullivan
Kenneth Sullivan
Human
Human

Personal Text : LEGO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 am

Henry wrote: I'm not sure if Peter stated it this way as I'm using it, but the Rep system might cause little arguments/fights/rages started. But I think other than that, the rep system should stay for a little while, and if all goes well then keep it, but if these problems start to expand or get worse removing it should be a solution. Anyways, great job on all these updates.

You seemed to have explained what I was going to write soon about the details (As I posted the first comment on a phone, I could not go into much detail without getting it confiscated).
Some people might be offened by their low reputations and growing disrespect. A talk amongst the management team about the reputation system will commence in a few days, After a brief honeymoon period has passed. This will be the final descion until serious amounts of complaints come in (On the basis that we keep the reputation system in the first place).
I hope I have provided enough of a response and enough constructive criticism to seed a level playing field in the rest of the Managements minds... 'Ask the hard questions first'

Peter
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon May 23, 2011 9:48 am

Peter wrote:
Tommy Carreiro wrote:Raiden's already got himself -5 Very Happy
Trying to be neutral here.... -6.
And yeah, rep systems on other forums are removed for good reasons, are you entirely sure you want this to happen?

-3 now.

Don't just do negative votes on people unless its for a good reason, instead of, "I don't like this person, I'll do a negative vote"

I've had a few recent fights with Raiden, but I aint going to let you nubs vote him down because of his post count.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Carreiro Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

aw, rep system got removed.. too bad..

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.