VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion about SD members.

+2
Victor_Jankowski
Kevin Alymer
6 posters

Go down

Suggestion about SD members. Empty Suggestion about SD members.

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 am

Alright lately I have noticed that some SD members do start cuffing you without a proper reason which can start conflicting with the OOC corruption rule.

Thing is I suggest for a link to be given to SD so they can base their rules off that. Sometimes they do things that are just wrong and not right for a cop to respond that way. So my suggestion is, read the laws of the United States before cops start arresting for what they think is right. Something might look wrong but instead aren't an offence but cops seem to go for it anyways.

For example when a person being arrested asks for a reason of why he's being arrested, the cop HAS to explain it as the inhabitant has the full right to now.

Before you do any action SD should make sure it is actually right according to the law, based on real laws not their assumptions. They should stop being rude and impatiant to inhabitants as they should also respect them.

Also some cops are wayy to taser happy. A person asks for an explanation, get out the taser. In real life something like that can make some people react badly because the feeling of being tased can cause fear and it might be worst for some. Taser is gotten out when you see there's a risk of the person about to resist or attack you.

SD has been given weapons, tasers, good cars, better pay, licenses. In return its your responsibility to do a good job, and make sure that you do everything correctly and not only to your assumption. Before you do something check a good reference related to laws and offences.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Suggestion about SD members. Empty Re: Suggestion about SD members.

Post by Victor_Jankowski Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:49 am

As far as i'm concerned, there IS a law about verbal assaulting of police officers. I asked it to several people, and you were the only one who said "No, there isn't a law about it." I know this is about THAT, and I've also explained it to the suspect. But because of excessive complaints, I jailed him for 3 minutes ( RPing he was found not guilty)

But that's not a bad idea after all. Many cops need to read the U.S. Laws first.
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 am

Victor, can you find the law that allows police to arrest someone for verbal assault? Ive seen it before but I'm on a mobile and cannot look it up easily.
Right of free speech however...
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 am

Victor_Jankowski wrote:As far as i'm concerned, there IS a law about verbal assaulting of police officers. I asked it to several people, and you were the only one who said "No, there isn't a law about it." I know this is about THAT, and I've also explained it to the suspect. But because of excessive complaints, I jailed him for 3 minutes ( RPing he was found not guilty)

But that's not a bad idea after all. Many cops need to read the U.S. Laws first.

I googled it and it is crime if its a threat.

I'm not talking about that anyways, that's a mistake anyone can make as with common sense verbal abusing should be stopped. But I'm pretty sure you're not jailed for that, and people tell you it is because as me they thought it was a crime. I had to search about it online.

But anyways this is not why I suggested this. If you read carefully its more about how the police is treating inhabitants, making assumptions on how their work should be done before knowing more about it. Also their attitude towards citizens is sometimes dissapointing.

Tell me a cop IRL that pulls of a taser with someone not resisting and asking for an explanation of why he is being arrested. It can make some people freak out while they do so, making the situation even seem worst. That's just an example though, there are other ones. The verbal abusing one you did I admit I would've done it myself and was about to until I was told that it's not a crime and that people have the freedom of speech. Well it can be a crime if it gets worst to a threat or something.

Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Stall Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm

My honest opinion is that people provokes cops to use their tasers like me, yes I admit I have used taser with wrong reasons twice, when I got provoked and at last I got pissed off.

Cops can do good aslong they will not be provoked. Kevin you should know that it pisses off, since you were a cop and now you are cop provoker.

I see most of cops doing good work when not being provoked to do wrong things.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

I beleive this is simple, ooc rules wont change anything about the way SD is, not because of how they are irl or rply, but of how they roleplay cops. So if SD wants better cops they need to train them better rply to roleplay as cops as most just go on their morale instinct of what is right and wrong instead of the law's saying of what is right and wrong.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:02 pm

I never provoked you to do anything, asked you for the time and similar and greeted you. If you call me a provoker then you haven't seen gangs. I never really provoked you, you asked me to get rid of the sword and got your taser out. I asked you some questions towards that without even moving but you seemed and then you asked me again with a taser on you and as an ex SD I was concerned of the way you handled it. Some people can really have a bad reaction when cops act that way and I told you I didn't feel comfortable at all with your taser but you kept ignoring me and asking me to get the katana which was holstered back in my house. Some people can have problems in situation a taser's out, there are even people that totally freeze in such fear. When I was in SD I had to tolerate situations like that or when I even was insulted.

And also you were walking around with a taser on your hand for no apparent reason later on.

There's a difference with lightly teasing cops like making a doghnut joke and provoking. Provoking would be if I was starting to show any kind of verbal abuse or to show I was a threat to you.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Okay, first off yes you do deserve to be told why you're being arrested and as soon as the situation is defused I read yu your rights and charges, but when were telling you to put your hands up, and you keeping asking questions, then we go from patient and calm to drawing our tasers and yelling, because we have to think "well, he isn't listening, is he waiting for backup? Is he going to try to distract us so he can draw a gun?" basically, we have five seconds to make a decision and you all have five weeks to tear apart every little bit of our decision.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Stall Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Kevin wrote:I never provoked you to do anything, asked you for the time and similar and greeted you. If you call me a provoker then you haven't seen gangs. I never really provoked you, you asked me to get rid of the sword and got your taser out. I asked you some questions towards that without even moving but you seemed and then you asked me again with a taser on you and as an ex SD I was concerned of the way you handled it. Some people can really have a bad reaction when cops act that way and I told you I didn't feel comfortable at all with your taser but you kept ignoring me and asking me to get the katana which was holstered back in my house. Some people can have problems in situation a taser's out, there are even people that totally freeze in such fear. When I was in SD I had to tolerate situations like that or when I even was insulted.

And also you were walking around with a taser on your hand for no apparent reason later on.

There's a difference with lightly teasing cops like making a doghnut joke and provoking. Provoking would be if I was starting to show any kind of verbal abuse or to show I was a threat to you.

Only once I walked around with a taser.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Sam Andersun wrote:Okay, first off yes you do deserve to be told why you're being arrested and as soon as the situation is defused I read yu your rights and charges, but when were telling you to put your hands up, and you keeping asking questions, then we go from patient and calm to drawing our tasers and yelling, because we have to think "well, he isn't listening, is he waiting for backup? Is he going to try to distract us so he can draw a gun?" basically, we have five seconds to make a decision and you all have five weeks to tear apart every little bit of our decision.

It highly depends on the crime, if you're trying to ticket someone he has the right to ask for questions and there's no reason to really draw a taser. All I am saying is SD has a lot of responsibility as they have power, they should act like real cop and not do things real cops wouldn't do.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 am

Yes, and I completely agree with you.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down