VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf shift time

+3
Samara
Kevin Alymer
Sam Andersun
7 posters

Go down

Wolf shift time Empty Wolf shift time

Post by Sam Andersun Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:10 am

I've recently noticed that during tense combat scenes or something such as someone with a knife or gun not exactly aimed, wolves is human form will quickly shift and pounce on the guy and kill him. Its extremely un-RP that someone can go from being upright, fine casual human can go to a giant, four legged furry war machine in half a second. If you ask me it should be that it takes a wolf atleast 15 seconds to shift, and even after that it should take them awhile to get their bearing and figure out what they meant to do.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Wolf shift time Empty Re: Wolf shift time

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 am

Depends on practice, and how many times you've done it. 15 seconds? Hmm this isn't a movie, things are supernatural we don't need a timer. By that time we'd be dead already.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 am

When I shift, I at least run and hide before doing it, others just shift in front of humans and vampires within a few seconds, then kill them because they saw it. :/ I think there should be a time limit on the command /wolfform which freezes the wolf in place for a set time (10 - 15 seconds or something) and maybe they can use learning points to decrease the time that it takes.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 am

Samara wrote:When I shift, I at least run and hide before doing it, others just shift in front of humans and vampires within a few seconds, then kill them because they saw it. :/ I think there should be a time limit on the command /wolfform which freezes the wolf in place for a set time (10 - 15 seconds or something) and maybe they can use learning points to decrease the time that it takes.
Yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 am

15 seconds would be a death sentence. The cast is instant Rudy has already stated no need to change it.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 am

You do realise that even a 5 second cooldown could get us easily killed by vampires. They usually face us in case of a fight, and we'd be very vulnerable if there was a cooldown. Plus it comes with practice, there comes a point where you need no cooldown. We're not based off what you see on movies.

Wolvesa are supposed to avoid crowds and not risk their identity at all.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 am

The Grim of Evil wrote:15 seconds would be a death sentence. The cast is instant Rudy has already stated no need to change it.
Alright, if Rudy stated lock it then.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Sam Andersun wrote:I've recently noticed that during tense combat scenes or something such as someone with a knife or gun not exactly aimed, wolves is human form will quickly shift and pounce on the guy and kill him. Its extremely un-RP that someone can go from being upright, fine casual human can go to a giant, four legged furry war machine in half a second. If you ask me it should be that it takes a wolf atleast 15 seconds to shift, and even after that it should take them awhile to get their bearing and figure out what they meant to do.

In Werewolf:The Apocalypse, I've seen werewolf shifting in 2-3 seconds.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

No need to add a timer to our shift...would gives us a huge disadvantage. We are already really vulnerable in human form..
Nico
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Sarzoc wrote:No need to add a timer to our shift...would gives us a huge disadvantage. We are already really vulnerable in human form..

You talk about that being as a disadvantage... But how do you think humans cope? I'm not going to let anyone answer it but just think about it.

Locked.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down