VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???)

+2
Sam Akabara
Jamie Steel
6 posters

Go down

I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) Empty I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???)

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 pm

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t2703-power-of-the-sabbat-shadow
Err. Lasombra/Sabbat. Erm. Shadow. Shadows...don't hurt people. They can't be manipulated to, err, hurt anyone cause their just effects. Technically, there's shade everywhere, (or else you can't see shit) so what's with this? Shade is just less strength of light caused by a object blocking strong rays of light.
Wiki wrote:A shadow is an area where direct light from a light source cannot reach due to obstruction by an object. It occupies all of the space behind an opaque object with light in front of it. The cross section of a shadow is a two-dimensional silhouette, or reverse projection of the object blocking the light.
I doubt a 2D sillioette is going to rise off the ground unless your bending light...are you?

As for the shadow monster, this is the closest you'l get. And that won't hurt anyone either...
I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) Philip+worthington+shadow_monsters-724857

I've had to explain everything, now you've got some explaining to do too. Magic doesn't make less lighted areas into tentacles.

If your bending light it is totally FINE with me.
And please, don't delete this topic just because I have a point. I'm saving this post onto a notepad to remind you when this gets deleted...Meh..Edward...I'm dissapointed in you. Your usually the one to spot out problems, and then want to ignore this one. Big MEH to that.

Back to top Go down

I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) Empty Re: I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???)

Post by Jamie Steel Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) 41813_10615753426_270_n
This server is based on The old world of darkness.

In the world of darkness, Lasombra have the ability to create shadows at their own whim. These shadows have their own physical properties defined by the creator of the shadows (i.e: Lasombra)

There are a bunch of bloodlines that can do some weird stuff, like Ravnos for example: Ravnos can cast illusions apon people, make illusions gain physical properties, and tons of other stuff.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Feganator wrote:I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) 41813_10615753426_270_n
This server is based on The old world of darkness.

In the world of darkness, Lasombra have the ability to create shadows at their own whim. These shadows have their own physical properties defined by the creator of the shadows (i.e: Lasombra)

There are a bunch of bloodlines that can do some weird stuff, like Ravnos for example: Ravnos can cast illusions apon people, make illusions gain physical properties, and tons of other stuff.
Explained a lot there.
Not.
Look, i'm okay with people moving objects, but when you turn effects(LIGHT) into a object and kill people with it...that's just unfair, stupid and just impossible, even theoretically, even with magic and shit. You can't make a effect kill someone, unless it's like some sun cancer...
Great, now I'll look in some old shitty book to make people fly around in circles by blood-bending or something and learn in those arts, and make a vampire fun-fair. Reality ain't stopping me apparentlyBut it stops science fiction though.
Just because someone without any knowledge of basic science made a story/game/book on mythical things out of his arse, doesn't mean their the best things to put into a roleplay. I mean heck, I did that and Princia was the result. She isn't that different from the others you know.,,
And thats saying something...

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:58 pm

The Constipator wrote:
Explained a lot there.
Not.
Look, i'm okay with people moving objects, but when you turn effects(LIGHT) into a object and kill people with it...that's just unfair, stupid and just impossible, even theoretically, even with magic and shit. You can't make a effect kill someone, unless it's like some sun cancer...
Great, now I'll look in some old shitty book to make people fly around in circles by blood-bending or something and learn in those arts, and make a vampire fun-fair. Reality ain't stopping me apparentlyBut it stops science fiction though.
If you've got a problem with how the bloodlines work, complain to White Wolf.
I said it's based off that, now you can ask THEM how it works if you like, I'm pretty sure it'll all be smoke and mirrors because people aren't really meant to ask HOW it works, they should just accept it.

Something tells me you're complaining about this because people shot down your whole robot thing. Fair enough, I can understand (partially) why you'd be pissed off and why you'd want answers to everything that seems unplausible albeit is accepted, however this is VHRP: Vampires Humans Roleplay. This is about supernatural things, and supernatural things can't be explained through science.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Feganator wrote:
The Constipator wrote:
Explained a lot there.
Not.
If you've got a problem with how the bloodlines work, complain to White Wolf.
I said it's based off that, now you can ask THEM how it works if you like, I'm pretty sure it'll all be smoke and mirrors because people aren't really meant to ask HOW it works, they should just accept it.

Something tells me you're complaining about this because people shot down your whole robot thing. Fair enough, I can understand (partially) why you'd be pissed off and why you'd want answers to everything that seems unplausible albeit is accepted, however this is VHRP: Vampires Humans Roleplay. This is about supernatural things, and supernatural things can't be explained through science.
Damn, why cant' science explain Mythodology and Mythodology can't explain science?
Hmm. That's like a story coming from someone's arse and your trying to compare it with science. I see what your a-meaning. However I'd still like to see other peoples say, and hope they have more than "magic. ain't gonna explain shit" or "That's how it is, mate. You got inverse trolled."
Meh. Can't wait to be sawed in half by light...ffff...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Pah. Quite frankly you just don't like anything that can't be explained.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Obtenebration_(Vampire:_The_Masquerade)

We got by that. An that's all there is to it.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Moriarty wrote:Pah. Quite frankly you just don't like anything that can't be explained.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Obtenebration_(Vampire:_The_Masquerade)

We got by that. An that's all there is to it.
Black Metamorphosis: Encase your body is nightmarish armor and grow black tentacles from your sides
Aww man, now we're having Dr Octagonapus the Vampire?
I think those are waayyy too powerful. I wonder if that would work in a higher intensity of light ie SUNLIGHT.
Fortify Against Ahura Mazda: Your shadows summoned through Obtenebration become resistant to sunlight
Oh wait, sunlight is it's enemy now! So a higher light intensity is bad, and a low light intensity is good!
Wait WHAT?
I don't even...

Edit: Conclusion reached. Lasombra bend light in multiple hostile ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:40 pm

As a Sabbat leader and a Lasombra Bloodline member, I'd like to say something...
Even I don't like the idea of Shadow-Monsters or whatever. That's just retarded and I think everyone would agree on this: PowerGaming.
You spawn shadows and kill someone with it?! WTF? That's....
How can you kill someone with a shadow!? A SHADOW!?
This "Lasombra Shadow Camouflage" is PowerGaming as it is, we don't need more of this shit...
I found out, recently, that people are not using server rules and information, but White Wolf's.
Someone, and by someone I mean Peter or Rudy, should post a full list of abilities for each bloodline. Because this is getting out of hand.

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:28 pm

It's not "out of hand or "powergame"
Everything has a counter. Quite frankly, you shouodlnt be fighting humans using these powers at all, becuase they're extremley noticeable.

Any half cocked member of any other bloodline can defeat a Lasombras shadow manipulaitng ksills, so long as they use their own damn abilities in the right way. In that respect the only thing stopping them from beating the other is their own lack of imagination in how to use them.

We tend to enforce and sort out these things on the spot..And...Those of us who actually RP this...We have a lot of fun doing the Vampire RP shizzle....Just becuase a few can't control themselves and ruin it...Doesnt mean we need to change it...
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Moriarty wrote:It's not "out of hand or "powergame"
Everything has a counter. Quite frankly, you shouodlnt be fighting humans using these powers at all, becuase they're extremley noticeable.

Any half cocked member of any other bloodline can defeat a Lasombras shadow manipulaitng ksills, so long as they use their own damn abilities in the right way. In that respect the only thing stopping them from beating the other is their own lack of imagination in how to use them.

We tend to enforce and sort out these things on the spot..And...Those of us who actually RP this...We have a lot of fun doing the Vampire RP shizzle....Just becuase a few can't control themselves and ruin it...Doesnt mean we need to change it...
I don't want to be attacked by light.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:26 pm

The Constipator wrote:I don't want to be attacked by light.

And I don't want to attack with light.
It's stupid, how can you kill someone with a shadow? o.O

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Nero wrote:
The Constipator wrote:I don't want to be attacked by light.

And I don't want to attack with light.
It's stupid, how can you kill someone with a shadow? o.O
Indeed.
Face it, we all should know by now that a shadow is less intense light, usually surrounded by higher intensity light. I don't see how that can come out of the wall and slice someones head off.
So yeah, Nero, we're both against this...Light Mashup....
@Edward I'm disappointed at you, Edward. You where always the first one to go against everything everyone said. And now your trying to defend...shadows...coming out of the ground...
It's sad because people who agree with shadow-bending or whatsit show that they have no idea that shadows is just light, less intense light, and nothing less. So if Vampires can bend light, then...
err...
Their really good at physics-mashing. But to mash science you need to know it well, to know what your dealing with. If your going to follow a person who made powers out of his ass, then fine by me, but don't be surprised when people who know about science start pointing out the guy's mistakes, mistakes that your following like some science book of factsAnd yet robots are still shunned as if their not as fake as your shitty vampire mashups...
Edit: Here's how I accept magic and other stuff.
I'm a shadow! I KEEL YOU! (???) Acceptancegraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Look, Im serously getting sick of this Constipator. Its a Server Based on Fiction! We simply CANT Explain how these things are done. AND, Considering You yourself LIKE to play with Fiction (Cyborgs, Wolves etc), Why cant you accept MORE Fiction?

Its a Server based on Fictional Creatures, Get used to it Constipator.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Walker wrote:Look, Im serously getting sick of this Constipator. Its a Server Based on Fiction! We simply CANT Explain how these things are done. AND, Considering You yourself LIKE to play with Fiction (Cyborgs, Wolves etc), Why cant you accept MORE Fiction?

Its a Server based on Fictional Creatures, Get used to it Constipator.
No one accepted my fiction. What makes the other's fiction so special. Cause it was written by a fanatic who didn't know anything about basic science?
Besides, I put aside these ignorance to science, such as the existence of vampires and wolves, and much more, but then, making shadows kill people...that's just over the line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Montgomery Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:24 am

From what I see this topic is made because you rage onto the "No cyborgs" topic. . .Your last post somewhat proves it.Also as James said this server is based off a science fiction novel . . .
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Petras Greensioni wrote:High up members only...
All this control of other players stuff is banned.
I answered this?

For later note...

BASED OFF doesn't mean that it follows exact rules.

From what I can see, All this 'gift' shit should be banned as well. Rudy supports me on this.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum