VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person?

+6
Terry Winston
Peter Greenson
Jager Arach
Tom Stall
Sam Akabara
Outcast
10 posters

Go down

Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person? Empty Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person?

Post by Outcast Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:52 am

I see a lot of people RPing badass motherfuckers who are not afraid of anything, who jump on the cruisers, kill cops in the middle of the street infront of dozens of vitnesses. Hell, no one even knows how to RP a fucking traffic stop. I think something should be done about this... Maybe a new rule or something (No-Rambo rule or something like that). What do you think?
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person? Empty Re: Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person?

Post by Sam Akabara Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:11 am

I try to stick to non combat RP's....
Allow me to, once again, quote the guide:

Moriarty wrote:
Think through your characters motivations. Characters need to be....Well, characters, and not cardboard cut-outs or plot devices. Trickster characters, for example, don't just hop around and "Cause chaos." they need to have a purpose for the actions they undertake.

Noncombat conflicts and methods are more important than fighting. Combat results in getting hurt or getting killed - most people go out of their way not to get punched in the face. Vampires potentially have forever laid out before them. Are they going to want to risk it by getting in gunfights and sword duels? Combat should be singular and dramatic, not yet another panel of this month’s action comic.
There's always something bigger and badder than you out there, and vampires who constantly pick fights are going to encounter bigger, badder things far more quickly than vampires who don't go knocking on deaths door.

Know when drama becomes more important than maintaining the hidden world. You may feel limited by much of this, but that's to make it all the more dramatic when something comes down the pipe that really needs to be dramatic. I'm not saying you can't have a gunfight, I’m saying that if every night is a pitched battle through the streets of L.A. with SWAT teams and helicopters, you'll lose much of the sublime nature we're trying to create.

Don't make your characters Tom Clancy protagonists. So a character can use a rifle- there's no need to make him a Navy SEAL. RP should be scary because it casts the mundane in a sinister light. Your neighbour could be a vampire, and fear comes from the fact that you wouldn't know and his proximity. Exploding ninja Bruce Willis vampires spouting one-liners before decapitating a dozen IRA loons with their three-bladed Katanas are out of place.

Don't be WAHOO! Action is thrilling, but uses it to punctuate an RP story or illustrate a theme instead of using it for its own sake. You may wish to use some WAHOO! Because monotony is boring. But make it worthwhile. This is not a modern dungeon crawl or wuxia film.

Noone seems to get it though...
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person? Empty Re: Is it so hard to fucking RP a normal person?

Post by Tom Stall Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 am

Lol I see this same shit too every day. Some lolarmy dude (Not naming him.) in the street head butting armed person, seriously... what the fuck.

And those rambos are casual here... they're aren't afraid of anything. They think they can do anything they want without getting responsible about it.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 am

Probably because we play in a server filled with gangbangers, werewolves, vampires and god know what else. People say roleplay fear that's their way of saying stand still long enough so I can shoot you. But no I don't think everyone should roleplay a rambo and alot of people don't. Alot of them that do are vampire, wolves and yes even SD.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 am

People should go out into the real world with rifles and swords to see the response they get. You'll get frightened people and then 3 squad cars with disciplined police officers who will cautiously arrest you. At least this is what Australia is like.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am

Peter Greenson wrote:People should go out into the real world with rifles and swords to see the response they get. You'll get frightened people and then 3 squad cars with disciplined police officers who will cautiously arrest you. At least this is what Australia is like.

To be honest i think if half this happend in real life there would be no cautious arrest it would just be forcably detain on sight, there would be regular patrols of cop always in at least pairs with very adequate back up. I think the best way to decide can your charcter walk around going i can carry this sword in front of the whol town and not be arrest or people trying to worm there way out of getting arrested. Think would you walk down to your local town and just in broad daylight punch an officer? would you argue with a cop in real life or would you do exactly as he says? if the answer is yes iw ould do what the officers say then bloody well rply that with your character.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 am

machete wrote:
Peter Greenson wrote:People should go out into the real world with rifles and swords to see the response they get. You'll get frightened people and then 3 squad cars with disciplined police officers who will cautiously arrest you. At least this is what Australia is like.

To be honest i think if half this happend in real life there would be no cautious arrest it would just be forcably detain on sight, there would be regular patrols of cop always in at least pairs with very adequate back up. I think the best way to decide can your charcter walk around going i can carry this sword in front of the whol town and not be arrest or people trying to worm there way out of getting arrested. Think would you walk down to your local town and just in broad daylight punch an officer? would you argue with a cop in real life or would you do exactly as he says? if the answer is yes iw ould do what the officers say then bloody well rply that with your character.
It's not whether you have it on you or not, it's your demeanor and what it looks like your about to do with it. If I walk down the street carying a sheathed sword on my back, I'll get odd looks, but I'm not gonna have a cop stopping to pull a taster on me or asking me for a weapons license. As for guns that's a whole new matter. There's guys with permits who carry around hand guns, but nothing serious and most guys who have illegal fire arm keep them in their cars, house or the gun is small enough to conceal.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm

*Walks in front of the bank.*
*Get's sniped with no contract, nothing.*
((I run, thinking it's DM.))
((*Get's reported for not roleplaying injuries*))

Eh, yeah. People like to make deathmatch in character.
WHAT?
FFFFFFFFFFFFF
VHWDM, we welcome your stay. On our right we have wolves that eat people's necks for no reason, on your front you have rambo humans, and on our dark alley to the left we have vampires that can pick anyone up and throw them to the moon!
Have a nice stay, and don't forget to get a weapons license to beat the fuck out of everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Stall Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 pm

The Constipator wrote:VHWDM, we welcome your stay. On our right we have wolves that eat people's necks for no reason, on your front you have rambo humans, and on our dark alley to the left we have vampires that can pick anyone up and throw them to the moon!
Have a nice stay, and don't forget to get a weapons license to beat the fuck out of everyone!

That's slightly offensive.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Tom wrote:
The Constipator wrote:VHWDM, we welcome your stay. On our right we have wolves that eat people's necks for no reason, on your front you have rambo humans, and on our dark alley to the left we have vampires that can pick anyone up and throw them to the moon!

I didn't think I'd say this about anything Constipator says, but it is slightly true. The script fight rule does kind of make it easier to killl for no reason and really takes away alot of the rp.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Tom wrote:

Slightly?
I've summed up all the points this topic is referring to, which FYI, is true.
((I've left out the other things because everyone looks down at them ie Tame Wolves, Friendly Vampires, Hidden Constipators and the actually normal people who you can talk to without them attacking you in some way or another, which happen to be very few.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 pm

All am I doing is driving in my Elegy/Freeway all day long until someone doesn't starts PMing me... or Until something doesn't happens on radio/street.

So count me out.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor_Jankowski Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 pm

lol I actually RP a former SEAL. And? At least my character doesn't go around doing shit, even IRL SEALs never seen vampires and werewolves shift right in front of them. That's what's this server is about.
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 pm

I...ehmm.....eh shit.

Well many people (including me) goes like "Harr harrr i'm not afraid of anything because i'm badass and stuff now ima kill people that i dont know and i dont care because after all, har harr , i dont care if i take their lives, and of course why would i not RP fear of people that you dont know when they are all nothing compared to me....harr.."

Example:

Dude_OMFG: Hey there person.

Murderous_Bastard: Oh.....fuck off grasshopper....

*Murderous Bastard takes his knife and slices Dude_OMFG's throat*

((Murderous_Bastard: Har har that'll teach them to talk to me and try to start a peacefull RP.))
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Yeah before u make this a bad arguement about Grove again leave it whenever we try to rob someone they go act Terminator and walk away..Some people RP fear very few..We even run away from Werewolves and show our fear for them but if we get shot at for no reason because were the only gang then your just not being a feared person yourself like people keep going in the hood full of members and act like its a peacefull vıllage but whatever lets see the replies..
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down