VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove /pm?

+4
Miller
Dominique LaRue
Peter Greenson
Max Woods
8 posters

Go down

Remove /pm? Empty Remove /pm?

Post by Max Woods Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

Well, as far as Ive seen, /pm's work nothing more then MetaGaming. People call you: Hey hey come to bank, im being robbed! It may be only usefull to RP from far over them with Pm's but that can be solved. If you let's say RP Shooting someone from the far, just shoot him, there's no way he can evade it if it hits him. So, what im saying, making /pm Only available for admins, to anwser your /helpme or report. If you have trouble and need admins fast, /helpme and /report, no need to /pm 6 OMG OMG He killed me i need refund omg! --'' So please admins consider this as /pm is the source of MetaGame, here's an example: *You're being robbed and dont want to loose money* You go, brb, 1 min, /pm 6 Yo, im being robbed behined the bank in the ally, come help me please! Thats so suckish, even when you're being robbed people call over Pm's Cops -.-'' So please consider this. Thanks

Regards,

David J.
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Remove /pm? Empty Re: Remove /pm?

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 am

People should be a bit more honest.. And for the people receiving the PM's they should have some morals. Just saying... That sorta shit is below hacking.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:38 am

RP is not really a great "to win" gamemode because RP requires people to make a character rather than a winning machine and it requires them to just be fair and honest sometimes. It is really difficult for admins to find and punish people metagaming but people should still not do it. If you're playing an RP to "win" and to be never ever be a victim, pick another roleplay than SA-MP or, better yet, pick another roleplay.

It's a writing game, not Monopoly.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Removing /PM and therefore disallowing people who don't have any RP (Sitting outside the bank.) stopping them from PMing friends who want to chat. I completely disagree with this, heck, even more serious RP servers have freedom to PM.
Miller
Miller
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Miller wrote:Removing /PM and therefore disallowing people who don't have any RP (Sitting outside the bank.) stopping them from PMing friends who want to chat. I completely disagree with this, heck, even more serious RP servers have freedom to PM.

This.

I don't feel like it needs to be stated because I know for 100% this will not get changed, but for the player or few out there who believe that removing PM would help anything: I would like to add I would not have anywhere near fun with the server without PM. Whether during RP or just running in circles around my home, the freedom to PM the friends I've made is well-needed. Plus it helps people keep stupid arguments out of /b.

Obviously not being accepted. In my long time of SA-MP RP, no good server had disabled PMs. On the poor-quality servers I see that have disabled PMs, people just end up using SMS as a paid PM- which is silly and non-RP.

Last edited by Seeker on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Completely disagreeing, PM is a great feature to talk with friends no to mention quite helpful to handle reports on rule breaking
Odin
Odin
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Do not drink before school, trust me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Go on.

Remove the PM.

Then I'm leaving the server.

What am I doing if not driving all day long and waiting to PM with someone?

No, Just No.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Nicolas wrote:Go on.

Remove the PM.

Then I'm leaving the server.

What am I doing if not driving all day long and waiting to PM with someone?

No, Just No.

Lolyeah +1 for Nic.

Removing PMs is like removing /whisper....it wont work...at all..
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Disagree with this,Without PM you can't talk with someone privately and that's a bad thing if your not able to do that.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Miller Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Seeker wrote:
Miller wrote:Removing /PM and therefore disallowing people who don't have any RP (Sitting outside the bank.) stopping them from PMing friends who want to chat. I completely disagree with this, heck, even more serious RP servers have freedom to PM.

This.

I don't feel like it needs to be stated because I know for 100% this will not get changed, but for the player or few out there who believe that removing PM would help anything: I would like to add I would not have anywhere near fun with the server without PM. Whether during RP or just running in circles around my home, the freedom to PM the friends I've made is well-needed. Plus it helps people keep stupid arguments out of /b.

Obviously not being accepted. In my long time of SA-MP RP, no good server had disabled PMs. On the poor-quality servers I see that have disabled PMs, people just end up using SMS as a paid PM- which is silly and non-RP.

Why are you picking on me? Tell that to everyone else who's posting the EXACT same thing.
Miller
Miller
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 am

Seeker wasn't picking on you in particular. You just provided the basis of the argument.

Anyways it's not getting removed, the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down