VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time'

5 posters

Go down

'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time' Empty 'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time'

Post by Lucia Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

First: Shapeshift

Okay, so, basically the concept of shapeshift isn't very well built, since many preffer to /rush shift instead of roleplaying it properly. Normally, a werewolf won't shapeshift in 0.5 seconds, and start running around, it would rather take from 5 to 15 seconds to shapeshift, and i think this would be a major improvement. What i'm thinking of is to add a Casting Time for Shapeshift, meaning when /shapeshift is used, the player will be frozen from 5 to 15 seconds, followed by a more descriptive me than 'X shapeshifts into wolf form'. As during the shapeshift, a screen text should appear saying "You are currently shapeshifting into the wolf form" or something.

Second: House Renting

I honestly think that the renting system is just stupid, since everyone could rent a room in your house without your IC confirmation, and probably RP other things that may harm the house as well, who knows. I honestly belive that the renting should be done ICly, and that there should be specific commands such as:
/hinvite [ID] [Price]
/hevict [ID]
/setprice [ID] [Price]
Obviously not going to decrease or increase the 99$ rent fee limit, but i think it would be more interesting, and an improvement to the house Roleplay.
Lucia
Lucia
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time' Empty Re: 'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time'

Post by Samara Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I agree with Both of the above suggestions;

With the houses, It'd stop new players from renting places that are set to lower prices, and with the wolves, its annoying to see people instantly shift and keep going, while a only a couple of us RP the shifting.

I do use keybinds for mine, but I sit there for 5 - 10 seconds before moving.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time' Empty Re: 'Renting' and 'Shapeshift Casting Time'

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

We're not like movie werewolves. If we would have the crinos form(The two legged wolf form), or it is put in game, then I totally agree with the first one. Other then that, no.

I agree for the second one. We can be having family members in the server. It's the best to offer as much options for different kinds of roleplay. Plus, you might not want to have others move into your house, just particular people.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh, great, sure, make the werewolves more overpowered than they are already. I am saying this because, the phrase 'werewolves are weaker in their human form' cannot be practiced... Because like i said, they rush shift and all.
Even if it's not the crinos form, a small casting time would be useful. Since they are not allowed to shapeshift infront of anyone and all, i don't see what the problem is.
Lucia
Lucia
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 pm

If you're in a fight with a vampire or human, as soon as they see you shifting they can just shoot you and you're down. That's kind of not fair.

They are not overpowered, they are defensless in human form, they can't even sniff their threats. If you actually try and fight one, and get them cautiously, they will end up injured badly. They are already vulnerable. If a wolf powergames knowing you're behind him, or you shooting him when he isn't noticing then the player is powergaming. Now, if you don't want to actually try to be professional when you try and attack them in human form then you shouldn't be attacking them in the first place. Werewolves ain't overpowered, two armed humans could easily kill one if one attacked. I fought two wolves with a pepper spray, pepper sprayed one and then kicked the other one in his private area. You have to try and be careful and cautious, and train yourself and you won't have much of a problem hunting them. Plus its fun to have some challenge and have a strong enemy if in this case the werewolf is an enemy. A small casting time would mean they are basically defensless. You have to explore your possibilities and you'll see there's no problem with rush shifting.

If you're not professional enough to attack a werewolf, then don't. Professionals as in trained.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

There is a way to IC rent, It is a server bug however the call for IC rent has come upon us.
I believe Alexia can run those who are interested through the steps.
+ The rent would need to be payed scriptwise by /pay....
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Greenson wrote:There is a way to IC rent, It is a server bug however the call for IC rent has come upon us.
I believe Alexia can run those who are interested through the steps.
+ The rent would need to be payed scriptwise by /pay....

I agree,/pay is the deal.

But the fact is people can't invite their friends because they fear the so called "rent abusers".
We totally need a new system.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:44 pm

As I said, I have decided to make public this expliot that allows owners of their house to 'selectively' rent their houses out.
If Alexia would be so kind as to post it here, It would be appreciated.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Ok,but this system is creating misunderstandings...I would vote for another one

Off topic: come IG a minute Peter.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Greenson wrote:As I said, I have decided to make public this expliot that allows owners of their house to 'selectively' rent their houses out.
If Alexia would be so kind as to post it here, It would be appreciated.

I know of the bug, I just didn't want to abuse it, But now that we've permission to use it, then I'll do it IG with Aki. ^__^'
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:32 pm

I've made it so that it avoids the OOC renting, You are free now to use either system! Just consult your owner before buying your own house. It will destroy your account!
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down