VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCTV cameras

+5
Dominique LaRue
ArielV
Edward Veatress
Matt Mercer
Kevin Alymer
9 posters

Go down

CCTV cameras Empty CCTV cameras

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 am

The CCTV in the cameras is, kind of stupid. Not a lot of crimes have happened there, more have happened in front of the bank. Town shouldn't be in constant watch else you give criminals no chance. Also the supernatural beings did fight there, ecetera, to keep it away from public. Please, remove that camera in that alleyway.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

CCTV cameras Empty Re: CCTV cameras

Post by Matt Mercer Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 am

Yeah, I think the cops are watching that hobo change in the alley >.> but yeah i support. this town has gone to a Utopia.. things need to change >=D
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Veatress Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 am

I agree, only businesses put CCTV's in the alleyways if something seems suspicious and Police don't really use the feature, I rarely see cops parked in the alleyway using it, I think its a waste of scripting and should be taken off. Our CCTV Footage system is easier to use and you can describe it easily
Edward Veatress
Edward Veatress
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 am

Mason wrote:I agree, only businesses put CCTV's in the alleyways if something seems suspicious and Police don't really use the feature, I rarely see cops parked in the alleyway using it, I think its a waste of scripting and should be taken off. Our CCTV Footage system is easier to use and you can describe it easily

He means removing the CCTV Cams from the alley entirely.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:44 am

Except with Palomino Creek's criminal history in that alleyway and the amount of bodies that turn up there, usually brutally murdered, cameras are acceptable.

No, if criminals want to do something, they need to figure out a place that isn't the main street of a city in the close vicinity of hundreds of people around them.

You guys know that you have a whole fucking forest just thirty seconds out of the town? And a whole fucking county to do crime in? Yeah? Just making sure.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 am

You can't compare the crimes of that alley to the crimes on other spots. There were like 14 deaths in front of the bank, by a sniper. There's no reason to put a camera back there. There's no real point in putting a camera there, nor have I seen any similar thing in real life.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 am

Oh boy, do I need to pull this card ]twice in a row? I live in the United States. In a town very similar to Palomino Creek. And you can be damned sure that the alley of a whole strip mall like Palomino Creek's mainstreet has a camera in it. Reason being because that alley has back access doors to every business, the trash for every business, and- hey, it's an alleyway where a lot of people are. They don't like homeless in this towns- if they saw a homeless problem in the cameras, they'd get them removed. If they saw people trying to get into the back door of a business, they would -see- that.

Plus, Palomino Creek as we RP'd it- every day or every other day I was PM'd with someone telling me that they left a burning carcass in the back of the alley and I need to broadcast it. Or that they shot a guy up in the alley and I need to broadcast it.

I can absolutely compare crimes in an alley to that of other spots. This isn't New York City, this is Palomino Creek- a population 60,000 middle class suburb in Red County that is eerily identical to my town. Let me tell you- we don't have alley-rape here. All the rape happens in the wilderness because someone will go out jogging or something alone at night? That's when it's okay.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:29 am

Dude, criminals need to start learning that they cant do crimes in a fucking ally while everyone could hear them. >_> Also if they security guards from the bank would hear them they'd rush straight to them. I say no... This isnt an Crime RPG Game, seriusly >_>
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:38 am

Crime's not near the bank door, if the purpose of it was to take a look at the exit.

Giving SD perks like these without them themselves thinking of it, and make a single strategy to solving the criminal issue this way, is not really right. Their job is to solve the crime issue, and keep order, not just patrol around town.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:39 am

I agree with Kevin for some reason,the CCTV in the alleyway has no purpose..and besides it,if someone wants to do a crime he´ll proabably disguise himself etc.. But yeah,too many CCTVs for a small town,I can accept a CCTV for the bank´s surveilance,but in an alleyway?...
Nico
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am

/me cannot use a map and see that there is more crime spots than just an alley way.
/me also does not realize that most of the suburbs don't have CCTV cameras...
/me just thinks people are lazy.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:48 am

Peter wrote:

Most suburbs also don't have to deal with the sort of unrealistic problems that Palomino Creek apparently has to. Cameras would not just be necessary, people would be begging for them because the... what is it? 50,000 population? Or whatever- that is not vampires/werewolves/gangbangers aren't running around with shotguns, M4s, and killing one another in the middle of the street.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 am

Seeker wrote:
Peter wrote:

Most suburbs also don't have to deal with the sort of unrealistic problems that Palomino Creek apparently has to. Cameras would not just be necessary, people would be begging for them because the... what is it? 50,000 population? Or whatever- that is not vampires/werewolves/gangbangers aren't running around with shotguns, M4s, and killing one another in the middle of the street.

I was actually not disagreeing with you. The consequence of previous actions is apparent and will not be changed, Yet people fail to realize that there is still a sizable portion of Palomino Creek that is not recorded by CCTV cameras. There is a small business centre in Palomino Creek, Then its surrounded by the houses.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 am

Oh, yes. Yeah, I agree with that. Though I believe people should still be wary about committing crimes there because, realistically, there would be dozens of households to call the police if they heard glass breaking, people screaming, guns firing, people fighting or someone crying for help and the sheriff's department, which isn't a lazy, inactive heap in real life- would be there in about a minute and some change.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:56 am

At the end of the day we live in a big brother state there are camera everywhere that you don't even know about, they are there for public safety and people saying your giving unfair perks to the SD the sd has to put up with people goign around gunning us down for speeding tickets so for our own protection we have asked for cctv to be installed around town there is still massive black spots. if you wanna commite a crime why not kidnap someone and take them to your home. The thing is your all intelligant people would you kill someone in the middle of the day in a town ? no you woudn't becuase someone would see you either leavign the scene or going to it. Even if the cctv was removed from the alley there are still camera in from of the bank and else where you would be seen walking into the alley and walking out wich is enogh evidence to pull you in and csi to find your dna or fingerprint on the scene.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 am

Talking about the cameras in places they shouldn't be at. It's not about it being unfair to SD getting perks, it's not right when they don't make an effort to deal with them, and use strategies. Not only SD has to deal with gunners etc, everyone has to.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 am

I don't think it unreal to have a cm,aera in alley though, for couple reason some stated one being graffiti you got back doors to business its a place where crime is liekly to happen, theres a bank there so security aroun a bank is quite tough as you can imagine and PC high crime rate would prompt cctv being put up there.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 am

Point is SD is going through a rough patch, they never really tried much to solve any of these issues using their minds and strategy. They mostly do the usual, patrol, and arrest thingie, putting no mind into HOW to solve crimes. They need strategies, plus the camera in the alley is nowhere near the bank back exit, but rather, far away. If the exits were the answer then watch the important exits.

SD needs to get more involved, so do other factions. More roleplay, less of the usual.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:24 am

Kevin wrote:Point is SD is going through a rough patch, they never really tried much to solve any of these issues using their minds and strategy. They mostly do the usual, patrol, and arrest thingie, putting no mind into HOW to solve crimes. They need strategies, plus the camera in the alley is nowhere near the bank back exit, but rather, far away. If the exits were the answer then watch the important exits.

SD needs to get more involved, so do other factions. More roleplay, less of the usual.

no i agree with you there Sd does lack a certain amount of roleplay the main problem is crime commited are never traceable because they either kill themselve or just punch someone in such an obviouse place theres nothign to investiagte or when there is a body no one rps the body and the other person (not that i can prove this) Mg that he covered all his tracks really for us to be able to roleplay crime couple things need to happen

1st get rid of accept death
2nd get rid of bleedout as body but if the boidy lies the for 5 mins you get a message saying they are dead
that way we would have something to rply clean up somethign physically there and some evidence
Mayby also a comand for other player to drag the bodies sot hey can hide them

Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am

Kevin, do you read people's posts. Security cameras do belong in alleyways. There are many alleyways where I live with security cameras.

Heck, a five second google search turned up with this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's just from a quick search and taking the first four links I found. I've seen them with my own eyes. I know they exist. So repeating that "cameras shouldn't be in an alleyway" is pointless.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am

Then you haven't checked what's actually in that alleway. Trash, garbage, place looks abandoned. It looking at the exits isn't an excuse as it doesn't cover the important back exits.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Kevin wrote:Then you haven't checked what's actually in that alleway. Trash, garbage, place looks abandoned. It looking at the exits isn't an excuse as it doesn't cover the important back exits.

The "important" back exits? It covers -every- back exit in that alley. Plus, on top of that, you're completely ignoring the fact that in this server's RP, dozens of people have died, been robbed/attacked, raped, knocked out, whatever in that alley- if not hundreds. This server asked for it- we can't just "ignore that"- that happened in our RP storyline for Palomino Creek.

See. The reason they wouldn't have a CCTV camera in an alleyway with "trash, garbage" (and it's not abandoned, it's the back access to the busiest part of the whole town and there are players in it at all times. Trash/garbage/boxes show that it's quite active, on the contrary)-- they wouldn't have a CCTV camera in an alleyway with trash/garbage because crimes don't happen there! Or at least not enough significant ones. But in our server, there's a mugging, beating, killing, shooting, knifing, stabbing- and people constantly crawling all over the roofs.

Hmmmm. Let's think about whether we should put that extra CCTV camera we have in the town's most criminal area where we get the most reports, hear the most gunshots and screaming, and find the most bodies... or put it someplace random like the bridge. Huh.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Also ignoring the fact that there is a bank door, such as in Singleplayer gta sa where CJ Escapes after robbing it. It could be nice picture of the thief if he escapes thro the back door tho'...
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:19 am

Yeah I don't think Palmino is suppose to be a hightech area near an ivory league school. I veiw it more as the ass crack of the region. It's probably better the monty, but it's still suppose to be a run down red neck town. (As it is in GTA San Andreas) So cameras in alley ways? I would understand in the bank and out front, but in the alley way? And those woods Seeker was talking about? when wolves where still around I don't know about anyone else but i'd be scared shitless to run out into wolf territory. And now. how many people do you see Just taking a walk into the forest.
You don't ask someone to follow you into the woods so you can mugg them. and i hardly think that some one is going to by a mask and kidnapp someone Just to take there wallet.
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down