VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Desert Eagle

+6
Peter Greenson
Simon Bourne
Kevin Alymer
Jamie Steel
Terry Winston
DeRon Ellis
10 posters

Go down

The Desert Eagle Empty The Desert Eagle

Post by DeRon Ellis Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 am

I know this was discussed before, but recently, I actually had the opportunity to fire this 50 caliber hand cannon during a instructional shoot with my assigned military unit. First let me begin by saying, the Desert Eagle is ridiculous in size. I had to re-grip the damn thing after every shot. The gun has more recoil than a freakin shotgun. The desert eagle was never designed to be holstered or concealed. There is no possible way to be sneaky about using it. Next, lets talk about the accuracy. The bore on the Desert Eagle is 12.6 mm in diameter. Note that the larger the bore is, the more the accuracy decreases. The effective range for a normal person is 7 feet. Why? This weapon will wear the user out. Physically, I was worn the fuck out by time I got through the first magazine. Also, with the low lighting, I had to take time to recover from the muzzle flash. The fireball that exits the tip after every shot temporarily blinded me, making it impossible to continue firing normally. At 15 meters, I landed 6 of 35 shots in about 4 minutes. For anyone who knows my experience with weapons, that is fucking horrible. With a 9mm beretta, I landed 39 of 45 shots in just over two minutes and the HK USP. 45 landed 38 of 40 shots in just over three minutes. Sure, you can blow a man in half with a desert eagle, but what use is the big ass freaking gun, if you can't hit the side of a building.

Main reason I bring it up is because I watch many RPs where people shoot another person a ridiculously amount of times in a short time span and expect them to RP the damage of the desert eagle. I saw either scrap the use of the 50 Caliber handgun or make people RP the stress due to the use of the gun. Does this mean you can't use the desert eagle anymore? No, they make a .357 model and a .44 model, which I could imagine is a lot easier to shoot, but I've never fired the smaller caliber ones. Please give some feed back. Oh and here are some pictures of this unconcealable beast.

Spoiler:

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Desert Eagle Empty Re: The Desert Eagle

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:10 am

I totally agree to some extent the weapon has a massive recoil and would be tiring onv 50cal is border line a shell but i would imagine being rather muscluar and off good build would help dramatically in firing this weapon it really would all boil down to many diffrent factors on how acurate the weapon wud be.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 am

Body build has a major factor in the use of the firearm. I weight 189 Pounds and the thing knocked me around. A heavy set person would be far more successful in the use of it.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 am

machete wrote:I totally agree to some extent the weapon has a massive recoil and would be tiring onv 50cal is border line a shell but i would imagine being rather muscluar and off good build would help dramatically in firing this weapon it really would all boil down to many diffrent factors on how acurate the weapon wud be.

The Desert Eagle Kev3
It's kay guiz i can fier desert eagle fien nao

And I don't see the point in people using high powered weapons anyways when a simple 9mm would do the same job the Anti-tank rifles I see people waltzing around town with.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:19 am

My point exactly. A 9mm would be more practical and far more effective, Won't let all of San Andreas know you just pop a cap in somebody.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:24 am

Theres that famaous scene from snatch where vinnie jones uses the desert eagle 5.0 i mean that gun has some serious fear factor even boris gets killed by it ( eventually)
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 am

I don't even know why it's around. We can just keep normal guns rather than Desert Eagles and such.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:59 am

machete wrote:Theres that famaous scene from snatch where vinnie jones uses the desert eagle 5.0 i mean that gun has some serious fear factor even boris gets killed by it ( eventually)

Guys, the IG recoil is almost like the one in real life, keep in mind that this handgun has been designed to stop moving vehicles by firing at the engine block.

And the only way to get the .50 model, is an illegal way, the legal one is the .357 variant, at least in Cali.

Search for FPSRussia's Deagle videos...

@Machete: Lol poor Boris, but that Deagle was a prop, it's not the real one.

There's 2 handguns in real life that, so far, took the title as "Most Powerful Handgun on Earth", the Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum (The Handcannon for you Resident Evil fans) and the I.M.I Desert Eagle .50AE.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

Pistols are shot anyways, I don't know why people insist on haunts them considering that they are inaccurate, impossible to aim and rapidly fire, and unreliable (my experience with a beretta).
So yeah I support the banning of the RP .50 desert eagle... My deagle model has been changed to a flock anyways.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 am

Peter wrote:Pistols are shot anyways, I don't know why people insist on haunts them considering that they are inaccurate, impossible to aim and rapidly fire, and unreliable (my experience with a beretta).
So yeah I support the banning of the RP .50 desert eagle... My deagle model has been changed to a flock anyways.

At least make the .50 model illegal ICly, since many people RP it as a "Deagle" and they have the knowledge of a 2 year old kid, and they complain with "OH BUT I BUY DEAGLE IN SHOP, I HAZ DEAGLE, I R DERP WITH BIG CALIBER ILLEGAL HANDGUN"...

Also, the Tec-9 should be de-scripted from the Ammunations...since it's a illegal -and shitty- Firearm.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron_Lee Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Zero. wrote:
Also, the Tec-9 should be de-scripted from the Ammunations...since it's a illegal -and shitty- Firearm.

Yes I agree, I don't like the way people use it to 'win' in script fight just because they can 'chucken run' while shooting. I think the MP5 would be a more realistic form of an SMG. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

And also, there are forms of weaker Deagles. but I agree that the .50 Caliber is far too out of control to use.
Aaron_Lee
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

A colt45 can easily do dammage wich you need to RP it as its huritng as hell. . . The Desert eagle >> You shoot someone in the leg and its gone Shocked
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 pm

To be honest the desert eagle .50 is a miliatry weapon. It is possible to obtain it but its not really practical the only use i could see it being realisticly used for is disabling cars.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I think The Deagle got scripted because if you have a colt,and criminals just pop up with Deagle's against little colts SD would never have chance,I think it's because of this.I'm not sure though,if not,enlighten me.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I say scriptly keep the Desert Eagle. IRL one or two shoots would stop a person, regardless of the bullet size. My problem is situations like, Jones takes his Deagle from his waistband and fires at the man three times.
The man takes one hit and retreats to his car.
((No, I hit you with a .50 caliber bullet! You dead!))
Then it leads to OOC fuckery about ballistics of the gun, what it can do, what it can't do, and people eventually get ajail in the end.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 pm

DeRon Ellis wrote:Jones takes his Deagle from his waistband and fires at the man three times.
The man takes one hit and retreats to his car.

Me??!? What the... Oh right, Embarassed
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 am

Yeah, I agree with DeRon. Deagle is way to powerful. and most people don't know how to Rp it correctly. and it's Scriptly overpowerd. I prefer a 9mm there faster and you can actually conceal them. OH and LEAVE THE tec-9 alone... Ish a good gun >:/
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down