VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP additions.

+10
Raiden Akimoto
Nicolas Djordjevic
Terry Winston
Peter Greenson
Jericho Phelps
Matthew Reget
Renan Magagnin
Dominique LaRue
Sam Akabara
Kevin Alymer
14 posters

Go down

RP additions. Empty RP additions.

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:03 am

I suggest we add a hunger system, same goes to drinking. It'd give players something to do rather than always wait, create RP situations and give more profit to bars and businesses. Maybe paychecks could increase a little bit just to include the price of food in a day. Maybe you'd get hungry every once in a while.

Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

RP additions. Empty Re: RP additions.

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 am

This does not add Rp.
This makes people take 5 dollars out of the bank every once in a while and type a command in in a store.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 am

Or people can RP that without a script.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 am

If people wanted, they wouldn't get hungry in their fantasies. Hunger comes involuntarily. None really rps it much. Getting a whole community to RP something is kind of hard, unless it's made like a vampire rule, since it's fair for humans and werewolves to feel hunger, like vampires have to feed once in a while. Hunger system doesn't have to be scripted, it can be done any way possible. And rping sicknesses, mental problems(Since a lot seem to not care on shooting others, killing them, having no issue with it and be heroes, I'm guessing they'd have a mental problem of a kind.) Killing someone can have a bad affect on a person, same goes to cops killing or shooting someone for the first time, that's why they sometimes go to a therapist and such. Someone who's in a car accident doesn't just heal, he needs to get checked and stuff.

Basically be more realistic, as much as you can to offer other factions roleplay and make the roleplay on the server more realistic.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Renan Magagnin Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 am

Moriarty wrote:This does not add Rp.
This makes people take 5 dollars out of the bank every once in a while and type a command in in a store.

Obviously that will not add RP for players who don't want to RP, for the players who want to, it will be a REALLY add RP.

@Topic

I agree, this system would add RP and give players a chance to meet their friends into the Cafe for example, and give more money for the owner. (Same for Asylum)
I suggest that your hunger satisfaction status decrease 1 level per 20 minutes(at total would be 10), that way players could eat and survive easily.
Renan Magagnin
Renan Magagnin
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Reget Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:50 am

This definitely adds RP and make the cafes and restaurants will receive more money making them more valuable, thus adding a bit of economy. For those who think it would be annoying then you guys shouldn't be playing a [i]roleplay server. How about every 5 minutes your hunger level goes down 3%. If it goes below 50% people around you will hear your stomach grumbling. If it hits 0% you have 5 minutes to get something to eat before you become incapacitated and need to go to the hospital, or you'll just die.
+1 from me.
Matthew Reget
Matthew Reget
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:55 am

No. Why? Seen it before. What happened? People spamming /eat at shops, RP getting interrupted because of the script. Epic moments failing because the system kills players.

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 am

tagtag wrote:No. Why? Seen it before. What happened? People spamming /eat at shops, RP getting interrupted because of the script. Epic moments failing because the system kills players.

Smart Suzuki Swift, This is most likely what's going to happen.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am

You could solve this buy making the cmd only accesabile by the shop owner so that people have to go in rp getting the food etc and pay for it that way people cant just go and eat with no rp.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:39 pm

I doubt any human RPs eating/drinking.

Alright, there are those who do RP it... But the most of humans doesn't bothers.

Or am I wrong?
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 pm

As I said before, it doesnt have to be scripted. Vampires have to feed once in a while while humans or werewolves in their human form dont have to.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Renan_Magagnin wrote:

Obviously that will not add RP for players who don't want to RP, for the players who want to, it will be a REALLY add RP.

@Topic

I agree, this system would add RP and give players a chance to meet their friends into the Cafe for example, and give more money for the owner. (Same for Asylum)
I suggest that your hunger satisfaction status decrease 1 level per 20 minutes(at total would be 10), that way players could eat and survive easily.

No offence, but if you need a script to go into the Asylum and communicate with people, you're probably a really, really, really bad roleplayer and shouldn't be doing...Anything.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Kevin wrote:I suggest we add a hunger system, same goes to drinking. It'd give players something to do rather than always wait, create RP situations and give more profit to bars and businesses. Maybe paychecks could increase a little bit just to include the price of food in a day. Maybe you'd get hungry every once in a while.

I totally agree with this, more realistic and brings more RP. Now the vamp can hunt the humans(Runn!!). Luckily I'm not a stupid vampire that always follow stupid rules. So what will it be? The hunger meter lows for each 1 minute? 30 second?
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Fap fap fap, who fap? Shlick shlick shlick who shlick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:39 am

Raiden wrote:
Kevin wrote:...

I totally agree with this, more realistic and brings more RP. Now the vamp can hunt the humans(Runn!!). Luckily I'm not a stupid vampire that always follow stupid rules. So what will it be? The hunger meter lows for each 1 minute? 30 second?
No, It looks like your just plain old stupid.
Hunger isn't a good addition because people would be interrupted at weird times and running to the store every X minutes isn't RP.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:40 am

I repeat, doesn't have to be scripted. Vampire hunger isn't scripted, it's more like a rule. Same should go to humans , werewolves.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Renan Magagnin Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 am

Moriarty wrote:
Renan_Magagnin wrote:

@Topic

No offence, but if you need a script to go into the Asylum and communicate with people, you're probably a really, really, really bad roleplayer and shouldn't be doing...Anything.

I don't need it, but it should help the people who needs or don't care.
Renan Magagnin
Renan Magagnin
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Sure, I love this suggestion. Let's also add the need for having a bath, having a piss, having a poo, having an itch, having to breathe, having to blink, etc. etc.

VH:SIMS, no?

Keep the server as it is, it is balanced enough. This will just force people to rush into a shop before dying, and type /eat and walk back out. It will bring nothing to the server, no one is going to roleplay it. I'd rather eating and drinking on my own will than being controlled by a system.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Montgomery Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Amen to that ^
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [Graziano]Adrian Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm

There is a bank system.. Does anyone use the ATM? No, everyone uses /withdraw /deposit.. If they wanted to RP, they could RP. Making a hunger system only forces us to RP eating, a RPer would go on his own to RP eating.. I was earlier going to pizza shop with my friends to go eating, but its closed now Sad.
[Graziano]Adrian
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 am

Add new commands in bank?

/loan [Amount]

Player can borrow money from the bank(maximum 10k) and the money can be payed for each pay day. For example, pay check is 250 and you borrowed 5k. It will take all your money from pay check until it's finished your loan. IRL, we can loan money from our selected bank, so why don't we add this and RP it.
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 am

Sonerin wrote:Sure, I love this suggestion. Let's also add the need for having a bath, having a piss, having a poo, having an itch, having to breathe, having to blink, etc. etc.

VH:SIMS, no?

Keep the server as it is, it is balanced enough. This will just force people to rush into a shop before dying, and type /eat and walk back out. It will bring nothing to the server, no one is going to roleplay it. I'd rather eating and drinking on my own will than being controlled by a system.

Sigh. I said i doesn have to be scripted. Read my replies.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 am

Raiden wrote:Add new commands in bank?

/loan [Amount]

Player can borrow money from the bank(maximum 10k) and the money can be payed for each pay day. For example, pay check is 250 and you borrowed 5k. It will take all your money from pay check until it's finished your loan. IRL, we can loan money from our selected bank, so why don't we add this and RP it.
Cool idea and all, you should make a different topic though.

But anyways, I think it doesn't need to be scripted, just make it a rule like you have been saying Kevin. But we really need more restaurants in my opinion, because we have like one, not counting the bars and clubs.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 am

Chris_Bell wrote:
Raiden wrote:Add new commands in bank?

/loan [Amount]

Cool idea and all, you should make a different topic though.

But anyways, I think it doesn't need to be scripted, just make it a rule like you have been saying Kevin. But we really need more restaurants in my opinion, because we have like one, not counting the bars and clubs.

Thanks for supporting, now it's my turn. Yeah, we need more restaurant rather than bar. We don't want the people of Red Country to drink alcohol all the time. Smile
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down