VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few suggestions

+9
Max Woods
Peter Greenson
Simon Bourne
Ryan Damario
Chris_Bell
DeRon Ellis
Nicolas Djordjevic
Ferdinand Brixius
Nero
13 posters

Go down

A few suggestions Empty A few suggestions

Post by Nero Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Here's a few suggestions how to make RP more interesting, and the server more fun to play on.

1.) Higher prices.
-It's just too damn easy. People earn money too fast and become rich fast. When you reach that level, by owning a house, a business, cars, bikes and whatnot, it gets boring and people leave...

2.) Remove paychecks.
-Unrealistic. People get money for doing nothing and get rich too fast. If it was so IRL, every person on the server would be like fucking Bill Gates...
Paychecks are supposed to be for working people. So if someone is in a legal faction(SD,EMS,FBI etc) should recieve paychecks.

3.) New side jobs.
-Seriously, we NEED them.
I mean:
*Fishing = Fine, but slow.
*Farming = Fine, works well if "dedicated" to it.
*Taxi = Not fine, not earning money AT ALL, too slow.
*Bus = . . . Every noob on the server buys a bus for what, 2k? IRL they're like over 10 thousand... And you can't buy it unless you've got a license for big vehicles.

I suggest this:
Taxi Company with /r and stuff.
Bus Company with /r and stuff. (Taxi and bus could be made as one, Public Transportations Company)
Street Sweeper Company with /r. They'd drive around checkpoints and stuff.
Trucking Company with /r. Drive routes and stuff.
Delivery Comapany with /r. Could be merged with the Trucking Company. They'd do the small deliveries around RC.

*THESE WOULDN'T BE /JOIN OR /TAKEJOB STUFF. BUT ACTUAL FACTIONS. FOR REALISM. . . It's a goddamn RP server, isn't it?. . .

4.) Making the server Heavy RP.
- It should due to supernatural races and their powers.

That's it I guess.... I'll add more if I think of some new stuff.

And Rudy, and the rest of the Management... PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... Don't just say "Good idea, yeah totally" and leave it like all of other suggestions...

And I heard Rudy is working on a new project... I mean really... THIS server isn't done yet. I mean look at the everyday situation... People fishing all day and driving the bigass buses while hackers killing people... Fix this one up first....

NOTE:

I DON'T WANT POST-HUNTING POSTS LIKE "OMG I WANT THIS IMPLEMENTED", "OMG GOOD IDEA OMG PUT IT IN!!".... If you got REAL feedback related to my suggestions, post them... Or suggest some more for the list.

Last edited by Nero on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

A few suggestions Empty Re: A few suggestions

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Nero wrote:Here's a few suggestions how to make RP more interesting, and the server more fun to play on.

1.) Higher prices.
-It's just too damn easy. People earn money too fast and become rich fast. When you reach that level, by owning a house, a business, cars, bikes and whatnot, it gets boring and people leave...

2.) Remove paychecks.
-Unrealistic. People get money for doing nothing and get rich too fast. If it was so IRL, every person on the server would be like fucking Bill Gates...
Paychecks are supposed to be for working people. So if someone is in a legal faction(SD,EMS,FBI etc) should recieve paychecks.

4.) New side jobs.
-Seriously, we NEED them.
I mean:
*Fishing = Fine, but slow.
*Farming = Fine, works well if "dedicated" to it.
*Taxi = Not fine, not earning money AT ALL, too slow.
*Bus = . . . Every noob on the server buys a bus for what, 2k? IRL they're like over 10 thousand... And you can't buy it unless you've got a license for big vehicles.

I suggest this:
Taxi Company with /r and stuff.
Bus Company with /r and stuff. (Taxi and bus could be made as one, Public Transportations Company)
Street Sweeper Company with /r. They'd drive around checkpoints and stuff.
Trucking Company with /r. Drive routes and stuff.
Delivery Comapany with /r. Could be merged with the Trucking Company. They'd do the small deliveries around RC.

*THESE WOULDN'T BE /JOIN OR /TAKEJOB STUFF. BUT ACTUAL FACTIONS. FOR REALISM. . . It's a goddamn RP server, isn't it?. . .

That's it I guess.... I'll add more if I think of some new stuff.

And Rudy, and the rest of the Management... PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... Don't just say "Good idea, yeah totally" and leave it like all of other suggestions...

And I heard Rudy is working on a new project... I mean really... THIS server isn't done yet. I mean look at the everyday situation... People fishing all day and driving the bigass buses while hackers killing people... Fix this one up first....

NOTE:

I DON'T WANT POST-HUNTING POSTS LIKE "OMG I WANT THIS IMPLEMENTED", "OMG GOOD IDEA OMG PUT IT IN!!".... If you got REAL feedback related to my suggestions, post them... Or suggest some more for the list.

1) Prices for businesses and vehicles are realistic. Houses need to be like $50,000 or so. And to rent, minimum $150.

2) Heard of benefits and such?

3) Pretty much agree with that.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Yeah... No.

Nothing was changed in the last few months/week/idk... Basically the last suggestion which was scripted/added into the game long time ago.

And uhm, Side Jobs could do great, and... Paychecks to get lowered... But not higher prices since they ARE realistic ((Unlike Paychecks)).

Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Prices are not realistic... Atleast for houses... I mean 5k for a house?
. . .

It's quite easy to buy everything you need with $300 an hour for doing nothing... So the paychecks are the main problem..

And for "Benefits"... I don't know how do they work or w/e, but really... EVERYONE gets them? Not here in Croatia, must be great to live in UK and get paid for nothing.

People could earn by RPing mechanics, food vendors or w/E they're called... But most of the people don't really RP on the server becuase they're all "making money"... So that brings me to an other suggestion.

- Going Heavy RP.

I don't know what RP level we're using, but obviously sucks. All people do is stand infront of the bank o.O
If the server would go Heavy RP(And it SHOULD, due to Supernatural races) people would be punished for nonRP, and will start to RP over time...

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:01 am

Server takes place in the US. You can get unemployment benefits from the government, which is about 200-250 dollars a week.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

CoolSuave wrote:Server takes place in the US. You can get unemployment benefits from the government, which is about 200-250 dollars a week.

Hmm... Odd...
Characters with unemployment benefits on the server = Rich
People with unemplyment benefits in real life = Starving

Maybe because we get 200-250 AN HOUR, and people IRL get 200-250 a WEEK!
So... Yeah.. Realism ftw.

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 am

Nero wrote:
CoolSuave wrote:Server takes place in the US. You can get unemployment benefits from the government, which is about 200-250 dollars a week.

Hmm... Odd...

Funny how I lurk the forums to find everyone bitching.
People on unemployment do just fine. And it is realistic to get 200 an hour seeing how we do not play 24/7. To be honest when I played I played up to an hour a day. Sometimes not even. And who is rich on this server? Because I know I'm not. And I've only been gone for like two weeks, I don't think anyone got extremely rich over that amount of time unless they no lifed this. But seriously just everyone stop bitching! If your just jealous because someone has less of a life then you and has more money, just play more! Or stop minging around at the bank and go fish for 10 minutes.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Damario Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:19 am

Chris_Bell wrote:
Nero wrote:

Hmm... Odd...

People on unemployment do just fine. And it is realistic to get 200 an hour seeing how we do not play 24/7. To be honest when I played I played up to an hour a day. Sometimes not even. And who is rich on this server? Because I know I'm not. And I've only been gone for like two weeks, I don't think anyone got extremely rich over that amount of time unless they no lifed this. But seriously just everyone stop bitching! If your just jealous because someone has less of a life then you and has more money, just play more! Or stop minging around at the bank and go fish for 10 minutes.

Totally Agreed.
Ryan Damario
Ryan Damario
APEC Supervisor
APEC Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:29 am

Chris_Bell wrote:
Nero wrote:

Hmm... Odd...

Apparently, what people think it's a rich person here, it's nothing but a guy with his bank account above the 20-30k....tsk tsk tsk.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:33 am

Watch what happens when house prices reflect their real prices.. Nobody will be able to afford them (except Ray)
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:45 am

Peter wrote:Watch what happens when house prices reflect their real prices.. Nobody will be able to afford them (except Ray)

"(except Ray)"

Lol... I agree on removing the paychecks tho', I mean, I got like 40k in my bank account and got no shit to do with it ._.
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Van Helsing Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:38 am

Hi ,
Well i don't support any of thise ideas , and one more thing think about your Idea 1 and 2. So , i come on the server " new in town " to start working i will need either a bus / taxi / harvester / tractor , for that i would need a large ammount of money , to get money i need to work , to work i will need money. This was the first thing i incountered when i played here first. Without a PayCheck i couldn't have bought a vehicle to work with. Becouse the Fishing shop was not bought by none , then i reported and luckly someone bought it. and now people can fish to get started , but else without a PayCheck people wont have a fair ammount of income , so like i sayed , No Paycheck no income no way to buy vehicle to work with no way to get money no way to work , no way to play / RolePlay. Becouse!! and here comes the problem , There is NOT a Faction that Has like " Taxi Comapny.Co " or " Farmers Co. " where there are machines like tractor taxi , and if they hire you , you can go and work. without a company like that , your just lost. can't get money. your stuck in a position where you need to wait for paycheck but you suggest to remove it , so if you join how you get to work? , No money to buy Vehicle to work with , So you cant get money becouse you don't have a Vehicle.

Maybe i support the job thing the 3rd suggestion of yours.

EDIT: and by the way , if you higher the price of the vehicles , it will be even more hard to start work in the town. because people cant buy it , if people can't buy it , they can't work , I'm sure you get the point.
Gabriel Van Helsing
Gabriel Van Helsing
Cake
Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirki Sokolov Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm

I definitely admit that the server is quite far from done, they should focus on this one before the other.

Kirki Sokolov
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 pm

House prices are up. Also if you want updates, try to contribute more to the server. We need mappers and scripters.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 pm

1.) Higher prices.
No. It's a game, I've seen servers with ULTRA REALISTIC scripts. They had hundreds of players before and when the new script came, they had max 10 online at a time. So no.
Houseprices are okay, since the damn auto sell is still here.

2.) Remove paychecks.
Didn't we discuss this? Yeah so some people want to get rich and do nothing and all dat. But WHO CARES, if a person wants to Rp poor, he'll disregard the paycheck, if the person wants to RP rich, HE DOES NOTHING.. Problem?

3.) New side jobs.
Yeah kinda.
Bus needs higher prices, YES

EDIT: Make Bus's rentable for like 400 and you could do the job with it.

NO FUCKING STREET SWEEPER.
How often do you see a sweeper on a street? if we script this, you're going to see aobout 4 of them at the same time, racing at the same route.
I've FUCKING seen this all.

4.) Making the server Heavy RP.
We already have no scripting and so on rules, pretty Heavy RP, what else d'ya want?

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down