VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.

+8
Samara
Terry Winston
Tyler Reese
Peter Greenson
Dominique LaRue
Lloyd McFadden
Odin
Kevin Alymer
12 posters

Go down

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.  Empty Forum and in game rules reinforcment.

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 am

Forum and in game rules will be reinforced. We have seen a lot of rules being broken lately and conflicts among players.

We are now getting stricter. Posting where you shouldn't in the forums, even if saying "Sorry for posting here" will get you forum banned. So will causing any conflict or not respecting another player and insulting, offending someone.

In RP's you're not allowed to spam /b whenever you want to anymore. You keep it to yourself, necessary /b will get you punished. Why? It's basically metagaming, you're using OOC talk to stall IC time, plus you're making it impossible to RP with. From now on you'll use /do's to describe RP situations only. Rping for the win is also not allowed, you will RP the consenquences of your action and will act fairly. One action per person, one action per /me. Key binds other than /do's and /me's that are not related to /me's on other players are not allowed either as they can give you an advantage when in an RP.

If there's a disagreement in a RP you don't talk about it in /b, you try and solve it in /do with a logical question. If there's an issue, you can use /b's to nicely discuss the situation to go in a way where you both agree to. If you can't find any then you'll either be punished or take RP lessons and learn how to RP properly.

Cops. When a cop has an advantage over you such as, they're detectives and they're undercover then don't use the OOC information to pretend you know he's a detective. You should RP normally. Also whining about how police catches you is not allowed anymore either. You'll have to post your ooc complaints in the SD topic. Whining in game about rping with cops or a RP with other players will get you punished.

Now afking in public. You can do it if you're alone in the server sure, but other than that you must find a private place to go afk where you're not noticable. You can't go afk on your cars either anymore. As for admins/management who have to go to forums to check server related things then you might do this for a short time. You can find a house, or interior to go afk to and try to do so rply, as in taking a nap etc.

Now this is a professional RP server, and the players will have to RP that way. Enough being lazy and enough fighting, we have to all enjoy the game it's not just about ourselves.

Last edited by Kevin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.  Empty Re: Forum and in game rules reinforcment.

Post by Odin Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you for posting it, it just seem like SD is here so random peope will go hero and save their friends fully armed like terminator
Odin
Odin
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Do not drink before school, trust me.

Back to top Go down

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.  Empty Re: Forum and in game rules reinforcment.

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:49 pm

The whole talk over /do thing rather than /b....your doing it to stop spam on /b but their will be still spam if you force them to talk over /do.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.  Tumblr_lapgxddF3M1qadzpdo1_250
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Abusing /do will lead to punishment. /do is not for conversations its for RP related descriptions.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

/do John Doe is on the floor dead.
/do He has a knife sticking out of his chest.
/do Their seems to be a lot of blood around his body.

If your gonna punish people for doing something like that then why not just block /do anyway >.>
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:32 pm

/do Is for RP purposes only, like the examples up there, not for OOC chatting. There's a reason there's a /do and /b. You can't whine in /do as it's for explaining not whining. People get punished for misuse of chats.

Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Your saying up their that using /b will get you punished. But you cant stop people from using /b. Theirs too many people in this server who complain over anything. For example if I done something as small as

/do Driving a Fast Car.

Then a lot of people are going to react in /b and whine constantly. Also adding the OOC rule thing, If you made more RP situations for the server, we wouldnt have the problem. People are sat around the bank with nothing to rp at all. So they resort to using /b out of boredom.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:45 pm

This is only about using /b's in the middle of rp's. As I said this is what's it about, you can't whine about an RP in /b you have to RP and then complain after the RP its done, and complain either on forums or in game reports.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:30 pm

People sit in front of the bank because they are too stupid to do anything else, other than wait for something to happen.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm

And its not as if anything is going to happen, so they just use /b. Rather than reinforcing rules you need to create more RP for the server.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:05 pm

This happens daily, you can't have more RP if people can't RP with each other.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Reese Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 pm

How come Sean Phelps does this: /me stares at the ticks infront of him?
And this: /me is unique. ???
Tyler Reese
Tyler Reese
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Hopefully it will help but the main reason there so much /b moaning is 1 becuase everyone has egos the size of chuck noris and cant contemplate losing or there to young to be mature enough to rp them losing in a situation. Unfortnuatly becuase this is a game no one fears the consequences of there actions, now if it was ck every time you die they would have some fear XD .
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 am

Rabbit wrote:How come Sean Phelps does this: /me stares at the ticks infront of him?

Because he's immature and needs to grow up. As an admin he should know better.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:32 am

Ooooooooooooooh well,this might be good..or bad..let´s wait and see.
Nico
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Smazz wrote:
Rabbit wrote:How come Sean Phelps does this: /me stares at the ticks infront of him?

Forum and in game rules reinforcment.  Look-whos-talking
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Carreiro Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Cyborg wrote:
Smazz wrote:

One who can talk about it, mr. mature.

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : t0mpwnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:27 pm

t0mpwnz wrote:
Cyborg wrote:
Smazz wrote:

One who can talk about it, mr. mature.

You guys need to read what Kevin said in this topic another ten times.

And other community members as well..
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down