VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dodging punchs.

+2
Kenneth Sullivan
Ryan Damario
6 posters

Go down

Dodging punchs. Empty Dodging punchs.

Post by Ryan Damario Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 am

Well, in the passed few weeks I've noticed that when someone tries to punch you, you just "/me attempts to dodge it.", simply coin it, and most of the time it lands on heads. Viola! You just dodged a punch without training at all! Very Happy, NO. Most players didn't experience through how many training you actually need to go through. An asian person in my grade 10th class was trained in Kung Fu for NINE YEARS and he still can't dodge a punch after all he has been trained through. I suggest players will actually have to practice and train ICly to actually be able to dodge punchs or even punch properly. Some players just go like "/me is athletic body built", but how did you get that athletic body? RP working out. Maybe script a gym or something.
Ryan Damario
Ryan Damario
APEC Supervisor
APEC Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Dodging punchs. Empty Re: Dodging punchs.

Post by Kenneth Sullivan Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

Hmm, by the looks of it.. I think he's kinda right on this one. Though keep in mind that certain people may have had history and such, in how they got these skills. Another thing I'd like to point out is that people can't simply /coin on everything they wish to. It's proper use is on cases which there may be an Even chance of possibility with the odds.

And yea', it'd be nice if RC could have a recreation park/center where the public may go to for sporting events, weight rooms, and ect. since common towns or cities usually has them. (Well at least where I live <.<)
Kenneth Sullivan
Kenneth Sullivan
Human
Human

Personal Text : LEGO!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 am

It doesn't take anything at all to dodge a punch. If you are aware and know its coming. I'd give it a 50/50 chance of being blocked or dodged. In a hand to hand confrontation, punching is the least effective way to takedown the other person.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 am

Weeell..most of the times you ain´t expecting it..so there should be two /coins at least. Both must land on heads. And one /coin if you're expecting it.
Nico
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:10 pm

2/3 heads if unexpected 1/1 if expected, couse in a fight, most punches are dodgeable

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 pm

tagtag~gatgat wrote:2/3 heads if unexpected 1/1 if expected, couse in a fight, most punches are dodgeable

*blockable
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Damario Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Yes, but the thing is, not all people know how to dodge punchs, or the right time to dodge it.

tg~# wrote:2/3 heads if unexpected 1/1 if expected, couse in a fight, most punches are dodgeable

Trust me, in a fight most punchs aren't dodgeable. Try to just dodge punchs when the person in front of you throws direct punchs at your face. And btw, after one hit in the face/head, you wouldn't be able to dodge anymore punchs.
Ryan Damario
Ryan Damario
APEC Supervisor
APEC Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Fact. We´re trying to have fun,not test the laws of physics. Best suggestion ,2/2 heads to dodge if not paying attention,1/1 if paying attention. It's fair enough in my opinion. You don't agree ? Give us a better suggestion to make everyone happy.
Nico
Nico
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Who the fuck are you now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 pm

blocking punches is taking a hit, in a fight where you dont wrestle/fight (schoolfights) but box-orthelike you can DODGE.
Blocking friggin hurts xD

PPL Rp the chars they wanna RP how they wanna RP, let them be martial art experts if they wanna.

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:33 pm

In the real world.... Are there any boxing type fights in the streets... Nopppppeee.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum