VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Project : VHRP Visual Novel

Go down

Special Project : VHRP Visual Novel Empty Special Project : VHRP Visual Novel

Post by Nazz Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 am

So I'm an obvious fan of anime and manga. Another obvious thing is I use anime characters for appearances of my own, whether you've heard of them or not. Thankfully, I don't use their names anymore for IC purposes, but I do use the appearances of my favorites as basis for my characters.

Enough of that, onto the point of the topic. I'm in the process of getting together materials to make a "Visual Novel" that takes place in the VHRP universe. It will revolve around my two main characters Wendy Seban and Chieru Nanako, and will be seen through a special character's point of view...yours!

It'll be a sort of spin-off and will not be directly connected to the actual server's progress of roleplay. I simply wish to expand on my own character's stories for myself and for other people that are interested in a way that's pleasing to the eye. Sure, I could type out a story...but why not make a bit more fun?

But you might be wondering what a "visual novel" is. More or less, if you've ever played an RPG game, you know how the dialogue works. Boxes show up with the character's image and what they're saying. A visual novel is like that, but without any real gameplay--it's a story put into that format, with pictures of the characters, music, and a bit of animation to accompany the text. Also, visual novels are dynamic and different in that the reader can be presented with choices that can branch off the plot of the story in many directions.

The basic plot of my game will be, you or your character will encounter both Ciel and Wendy. You may gradually get to know each of them well, and later choose one to be an ally based upon your actions towards them presented by options throughout the game. Once allied with one, your pair may team up to assassinate the other character you did not choose. You may just end up becoming their minion, or even kill them both...I want to create several possible endings.

There will only be three main characters: "You", Chieru, and Wendy. At the same time, I may throw in a bit of other people's characters from the community(with credit to the owners, of course) for cameos. If you would like me to NOT have your character within the game, please PM me about it so I know not to do so.

This project has not been started yet, but only planned out. I will be using the specialized Python-based engine "Ren'Py" to create it. The main features I wish to implement script-wise for the game are:

- Protagonist Profile (Fill out a short form with your character's name and race to be referred to throughout the game)
- Simple Combat (Turn-based fights with generic werewolves and original vampires, as well as final battle with opposing Heroine)
- Simple Stats System (Training with either Heroine will attribute to Strength or Speed, also influenced by protagonist's race)
- At least 5 Endings (Good endings for each Heroine, Bad endings with each Heroine, and one extra/true/joke ending)

I'll update the thread as I get more done, and I hope to actually make something of this. Wish me luck.
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down