VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running, tazers and other such things.

2 posters

Go down

Running, tazers and other such things. Empty Running, tazers and other such things.

Post by Jager Arach Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 am

Mkay so while on this server I've grown to loathe the tazer, every cops rushes with it and fires at you without warning or a single /me. It's outright powergame in my opinion, all actions in a roleplay situation should be in fact using /me's and not script. A tazer does not affect everyone the same, if I'm a 300 or 400 some odd pound wolf being shot with a tazer with an endurance of 3 it's not gonna fuck me up as bad as 105 pound Johny_Nodick over there.

As for runners, all rp for running should be used with an atempt or adiquet time given for other members of the party of the roleplay to respond with a /me or it as well is PG.

Cops on the server really do not play as cops and I've found out it's an ooc rule to be corrupt as a cop? We shouldn't ban rp styles for people rping bad cops. Being a cop is not being a good guy, I have seen many jackass cops irl who are this way within the confides of the law. People should be trained on how to act like a cop and only kicked out if rply discovered to be corrupt. E.G. A cop doesn't pull a gun on an un armed man, a cop doesn't atempt frisk bystanders who just walk up the view a scene, a cop doesn't shoot a man for throwing blows. They do not do these things because they end up getting sued and losing their badges.

So my suggestions are.

1. Rp report system for cops.
2. Take out the OOC rule for corrupt police men and make it IC.
3. Train cops to act more like cops.
4. Only scriptly using a tazer in script situations.
5. Always giving a people a chance to respond when you run.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Running, tazers and other such things. Empty Re: Running, tazers and other such things.

Post by Victor_Jankowski Sun May 22, 2011 5:02 am

There is the problem. While the cop is typing the /me, the suspect's just don't give a fuck and keeps running. And if we PM them asking to stop for RP, they say " IDC< You didn't reach me so STFU" Or something like it. I think that the SD is doing just fine right now, and there's no reason to change it.
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Running, tazers and other such things. Empty Re: Running, tazers and other such things.

Post by Jager Arach Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 am

Victor_Jankowski wrote:There is the problem. While the cop is typing the /me, the suspect's just don't give a fuck and keeps running. And if we PM them asking to stop for RP, they say " IDC< You didn't reach me so STFU" Or something like it. I think that the SD is doing just fine right now, and there's no reason to change it.
This isn't abut whether the SD is just fine or not and that's why we have the complaint about a player topic and report. Discrediting this by saying people will break rules isn't a good argument, people will break rules anyway.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down