VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script Fight

4 posters

Go down

Do you like this rule?

Script Fight I_vote_lcap44%Script Fight I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Script Fight I_vote_lcap56%Script Fight I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Script Fight Empty Script Fight

Post by Jager Arach Sun May 29, 2011 5:28 pm

This whole new "you're aloud to SF someone instantly" is just too messed up. Yes it makes sense, but the server is starting to feel like a dm server. Last time I checked the name was Vampire and Humans Roleplay. If I wanted to shoot at people and get DB'd I'd quite simply go to a new server. Script fight is good for when two people can't come to common ground and there is no admin on. It shouldn't be a permanent way of playing. It's too damn unrealistic and the physics of GTA SA are too outdated for it to really be done properly. If this was say GTA 4's engine I could agree, but as I said just too damn unrealistic.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Script Fight Empty Re: Script Fight

Post by Tom Stall Sun May 29, 2011 5:40 pm

You should script fight only when it's really necessary. Like Inquisition's targets, or PD's targets.

I think SF should be allowed only for those reasons.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Dan Sun May 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Script Fight Is A Total Mess Up Indeed, Instead Of RPing, It Turns Into DM And People Start Whining In /B Like : CRAPPY GUN - STUPID MAP - LAG And The Other Guy Keeps Spamming You In The Local OOC Chat : Owned, Owned , Owned , Yes, Script Fight Should Be Allowed Within The SD Or Inquistion
Mike Dan
Mike Dan
Vampire
Vampire

Personal Text : TFK

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I think it should only be allowed if all parties in the roleplay agree to it.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Stall Sun May 29, 2011 7:11 pm

The Grim of Evil wrote:I think it should only be allowed if all parties in the roleplay agree to it.

Nope, if Inquisition assassin's would ask for permission the target would MG and run away.
Tom Stall
Tom Stall
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun May 29, 2011 7:25 pm

I know some like it so much, but as I always say script fighting is not really much IC because your OOC skills are used not your IC skills. Plus injuries are not rped during a fight(A werewolf bite/gun shot would put you to the ground.). Other, some weapons are based on the damage given IG not the tactics a person can use them in real life. IC techniques aren't used or IC advantages that is. Also ping plays a factor in script fighting making it more dependant on OOC matters.

So before you make it a rule that it's allowed if wanted, I do suggest you consider the flaws. That's why I suggest it would better be used in cases like a shoot outs.

Script fighting means that your character skills, techniques, IC training, how fit they are from daily activities, logic which are all IC reasons will not contribute at all in a script fight. And if script fight can be done whenever people want, a lot of IC on the server will be taken off, putting more OOC things in it. VHRP is very realistic when it comes to RP compared to other servers. Don't let that be a thing of the past.

Also others say, if IC werewolf or vampires will have the advantage. Its not true, humans have more challenge against the creatures because its like in movies, they are something else in the town, they are supposed to be more dangerous to deal with because that's the whole point. Else there is no point in adding other races. You can kill a werewolf or vampire, but harder, just like in movies which is the actual fun the server brings. How can you do so? In groups of humans with weapons, using a car, or hunt them like its done on movies. That's what the human race should go through because something else is in the town, something they have to be careful of. So deal with them being a bit with more advantage, that's the whole point. And also script fighting ruins that in a way, it's just a brawl usually. Do it when both people agree would be something better as it would avoid dissapointment on how much OOC stuff are involved in a script fight and some that are focused on RP(What the server is about) may not be satisfied at all. I am one of those as I notice unfair things happening on script fights(Non-bias as it's not been me in those script fights) related to OOC reasons.

So before you start making this rule always allowed, please do think that this server is based mostly of RP. Script fight can boost the RP in certain occasions, but not always, always it might just ruin it. And it also doesn't encourage RP much in a fight, or learn anyone much RP in it.

If the inquisition suspect would run away, its breaking a server rule avoiding your RP. Then its equal to him wanting to be script fighted because he denied you trying to RP by running away. Or else do tell an admin he's avoiding RP.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down