VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script fight rule.

+8
Peter Greenson
Ellie_Three
Midnight
Tommy
Lloyd McFadden
Luna Kinneas
Alex Montgomery
Sam Akabara
12 posters

Go down

Script fight rule. Empty Script fight rule.

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Seriously..This rule where Vamps and Werewolves can script kill eachother on sight is just..Stupid..
Y'know. I LIKE RP'ING my fights. Not randomly running up to someone and filling them with lead.

I dont mind sometimes, but you know, this kind of thing should be done properly, and it should be agreed upon by both parites.

Which is why i'm petitioning to have this rule changed so that Script fights can only occur if both parties agree, rather than what is just endorsed RDM.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Script fight rule. Empty Re: Script fight rule.

Post by Alex Montgomery Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:48 pm

/support

I've grown tired of several vampires (won't mention their names) wich just come at me with AK's,katanas,snipers and shotguns and start to hunt me down script-ish way.It's just fucking annoying.
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Kinneas Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

/support

It's not a DM server... Neutral
Luna Kinneas
Luna Kinneas
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:50 pm

/Support
This would make the server an RP server rather than a DM server, Much Better.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Well the strength improvements are there for a reason, and I mean...
Look, the GTA SA fighting system is quite perfect for such an 'old' game don't you agree? I'm supporting script fights, and RP fights but look at it this way. On this server , there's improvements for your strength which actually makes you a lot more powerful. Now, in cases of RP fighting with powers one party might not RP it properly, because, they don't look at how powerful you actually are.

It's the same when you are in a shootout, or you're about to shoot somone. I've got complaints that I'm not RP shooting my shots, but there's no rule against it. Shooting requires precisison, isn't that enough skills and gives the other party a change to actually avoid them? /vampirespeed (or by the wolf race) you are quite fast to actually run out of shooting range. I am not supporting RP shooting unless you're facing a player just a yard infront of you, or pull up a gun while you're wrestling.

I think we should actually use the script and the game as it is, but RP the damages you take. I'd rather say you agree if you want to RP fight and use the standard script fights, but actually do it properly. Don't just stand still throwing punches, be creative, back up sometimes, move around, use the enviroment around you.

And the people above me, just because you fight script wise doesn't mean it's DM, not at all. If we're not actually going to use the functions implemented we can all roleplay in a chat room.
Tommy
Tommy
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Tommy wrote:Well the strength improvements are there for a reason, and I mean...
Look, the GTA SA fighting system is quite perfect for such an 'old' game don't you agree? I'm supporting script fights, and RP fights but look at it this way. On this server , there's improvements for your strength which actually makes you a lot more powerful. Now, in cases of RP fighting with powers one party might not RP it properly, because, they don't look at how powerful you actually are.

It's the same when you are in a shootout, or you're about to shoot somone. I've got complaints that I'm not RP shooting my shots, but there's no rule against it. Shooting requires precisison, isn't that enough skills and gives the other party a change to actually avoid them? /vampirespeed (or by the wolf race) you are quite fast to actually run out of shooting range. I am not supporting RP shooting unless you're facing a player just a yard infront of you, or pull up a gun while you're wrestling.

I think we should actually use the script and the game as it is, but RP the damages you take. I'd rather say you agree if you want to RP fight and use the standard script fights, but actually do it properly. Don't just stand still throwing punches, be creative, back up sometimes, move around, use the enviroment around you.

And the people above me, just because you fight script wise doesn't mean it's DM, not at all. If we're not actually going to use the functions implemented we can all roleplay in a chat room.

THIS is what I think about fights.This is how it should be...
I don't like people rush-punching you even if they have like 30-40 HP,but I don't like a fully "/me's & /do's" fight either(It takes away too much time,if a script fight - as a RL one- takes like 2-3 minutes - Usually a RP fight takes a lot more,involving other people that may pass and they pretend to RP in the fight...C'mon,usually to throw a single punch to someone it takes like 15 seconds -by typing and waiting for an answer-,which the same action will take 1 second in a script fight - More realistic - ...)

About people pretending to RP between two fighting men,I'll make it clear,to avoid misunderstandings.
As I said a RL fight,as a script one,takes away like 2-3 minutes,and let's say...A friend of your is walking to your location but is far like 1 KM away from you,he won't ever get on the spot on time to save you.But if the fight is too much RPed with commands he would be able to come to your location even if he's still 1 KM far from you...I'm not sure if I made it clear but...I've seen too many player interfeering that way,and usually happens because one of the fighters is too slow on using commands...

I like script fight but if they're realistic! (If you rush punch & kick that could be considered like Ramboing or Powergaming at my guess,which can be ajailable).

And to make it clear, YOU CAN'T KILL ON SIGHT A WEREWOLF IF YOU'RE A VAMPIRE OR IN REVERSE,YOU MUST HAVE A VALID REASON TO DO IT, Rudy told me.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:46 pm

The Gangrel wrote:
Tommy wrote:Well the strength improvements are there for a reason, and I mean...

THIS is what I think about fights.This is how it should be...
I don't like people rush-punching you even if they have like 30-40 HP,but I don't like a fully "/me's & /do's" fight either(It takes away too much time,if a script fight - as a RL one- takes like 2-3 minutes - Usually a RP fight takes a lot more,involving other people that may pass and they pretend to RP in the fight...C'mon,usually to throw a single punch to someone it takes like 15 seconds -by typing and waiting for an answer-,which the same action will take 1 second in a script fight - More realistic - ...)

About people pretending to RP between two fighting men,I'll make it clear,to avoid misunderstandings.
As I said a RL fight,as a script one,takes away like 2-3 minutes,and let's say...A friend of your is walking to your location but is far like 1 KM away from you,he won't ever get on the spot on time to save you.But if the fight is too much RPed with commands he would be able to come to your location even if he's still 1 KM far from you...I'm not sure if I made it clear but...I've seen too many player interfeering that way,and usually happens because one of the fighters is too slow on using commands...

I like script fight but if they're realistic! (If you rush punch & kick that could be considered like Ramboing or Powergaming at my guess,which can be ajailable).

And to make it clear, YOU CAN'T KILL ON SIGHT A WEREWOLF IF YOU'RE A VAMPIRE OR IN REVERSE,YOU MUST HAVE A VALID REASON TO DO IT, Rudy told me.
Exactly, and normaly a 'RP' fight all by /me's usualy ends up in a conversation on /B.
Example for a common comment:
Code:

/B How can you punch me in my guts when I just threw a kick at your leg?
As you said a person that's coming to aid another player gets a lot of more time to arrive on spot, than if you actually fought the person.
Tommy
Tommy
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:09 am

I think that its all just BS anyway. Everyone only supports the type that fights better for them. Vampires will usually want to RP fight since they can use there vamp str/spd cmds to power game what ever they want. Werewolves will try and Rp fight since they cant use weapons while in wolf form. But humans will want to script fight because that is the way that they have the best chance. What you have to understand is, were in a server were people refuse to rp fear. So because of that not everyone wants to rp fight. Once I pulled a gun on a wolf and a vampire and instead of rping fear, the vampire attempted to disarm my gun with his vamp speed. Now as a human after that happens a few times, your like fuck rp fighting, your gonna rp taking out your gun and then your just gonna fucking shoot them because you know that if you dont they are just gonna power game their way out of it.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 am

As there are only so many human players above level 5 i'm just gOing to throw this out. We cannit RP with vampires/werewolfs because they wont allow firearms to be used. Why not? A gun is useful and when you havent got speed and such its rather annoyig. There is to many 'you miss' replies but in real life it only takes a fraction of a second to aim to hit a target. It doesnt take much skills to be reasonably accurate at the average engagement distance (25-300 metres)
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:15 am

/support
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:01 am

Peter wrote:As there are only so many human players above level 5 i'm just gOing to throw this out. We cannit RP with vampires/werewolfs because they wont allow firearms to be used. Why not? A gun is useful and when you havent got speed and such its rather annoyig. There is to many 'you miss' replies but in real life it only takes a fraction of a second to aim to hit a target. It doesnt take much skills to be reasonably accurate at the average engagement distance (25-300 metres)
That's why it's so annoying when people get pisst on you because you won't "RP" shoot. Yeah, vampires and werewolfs are fast, really fast. But this isn't Matrix.
Tommy
Tommy
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Script fight rule. Empty Re :D

Post by Benzke Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 pm

You Got my /SUPPORT .
Benzke
Benzke
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Yeah I know those "RP fights'.

I know them well, where 20 years old puppy beats up 300 years old vampire by biting his neck.

I so unsupport , not because I am asshole, nor because I like to troll people... (( NOR because Nicolas is vampire )) only because I am TIRED of OOC bitching.

Alright?

I never attacked werewolf on sign... BEFORE EVERY SCRIPT FIGHT, You NEED to consult with him OOCLY do you want script fight or not.

EVERY SCRIPT FIGHT NEEDS TO START AFTER OOC DISCUSSION, BECAUSE RANDOMLY ATTACKING ANY WOLF AND SCRIPTY KILLING HIM IS GAYISH.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Nicolas wrote:EVERY SCRIPT FIGHT NEEDS TO START AFTER OOC DISCUSSION, BECAUSE RANDOMLY ATTACKING ANY WOLF AND SCRIPTY KILLING HIM IS GAYISH.

NO.

OOC discussion isn't needed,but you actually need a IC reason to kill anyone,RPly or not.
You don't need to have a OOC deal before doing something ICly.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:55 pm

F that, if you had to ask permission to script fight every time no vampire would EVER script fight with a human. The fact is the only protection humans have is their guns. Face it, Vampires and Werewolves power game like fuck when rping with humans. I am not saying everyone, im just saying in general. So if your a human and you KNOW that if you get into a rp fight they are going to power game you and go directly for breaking your neck or something like that. The moment you sense danger you are going to rp pulling out your gun, and your just gonna shoot.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:21 am

Besides,vampire/wolf abilities in a RP fight are like own,everyone have their own mind of speed or strenght,no matter what level the skill is.
While in a script fight the skills are good as they are,each level gives a certain ability.
I vote for more script fight instead of "/me's & /do's" ones,just because every player will have their own ideas of their abilities,and mostly they PG them.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 am

Regardless, im just going to say. That when im on my human character, im going to script fight. Because if not your basically gonna auto loose to the vamps. As a werewolf I will rp fight if my opponent wants to rp fight but I would rather script fight. Whats the point in having increased strength and speed if you always rp fight?
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Ellie_Three wrote:Regardless, im just going to say. That when im on my human character, im going to script fight. Because if not your basically gonna auto loose to the vamps. As a werewolf I will rp fight if my opponent wants to rp fight but I would rather script fight. Whats the point in having increased strength and speed if you always rp fight?

Indeed.

Midnight
Killer
Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:14 pm

The Gangrel wrote:
Nicolas wrote:EVERY SCRIPT FIGHT NEEDS TO START AFTER OOC DISCUSSION, BECAUSE RANDOMLY ATTACKING ANY WOLF AND SCRIPTY KILLING HIM IS GAYISH.

NO.

OOC discussion isn't needed,but you actually need a IC reason to kill anyone,RPly or not.

And what If I'm typing something? OR doing something else?

If someone attacks me from no where, I can't just grab my keyboard and mouse in second like vampire would do and fight back.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 am

Imma say it once again. This is a pointless conversation because EVERYONE is biased. Vampires are going to want to rp fight. Humans and werewolves will most likely want to script fight. Thats it, its done, no need arguing it anymore.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Nicolas wrote:
The Gangrel wrote:

NO.

And what If I'm typing something? OR doing something else?

If someone attacks me from no where, I can't just grab my keyboard and mouse in second like vampire would do and fight back.
As I said you can RP in chatboxes, it works Very Happy!

No seriously.
Tommy
Tommy
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by -Alan- Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 am

What if we keep it like this.

RPs that don't need detail (Like a shootout) can be script fought.
RPs that require picking up objects are RPed?

The point of /me is to RP the things that you cannot already see.

-Alan-
-TEST-ACCOUNT-
-TEST-ACCOUNT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down