VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha

3 posters

Go down

Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha Empty Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Well, people kept telling me to get proof for my robot character. So I decided to finally research.
What better company to copy than one of the companies Atilliary was copying, the one and only NASA?
http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/nasa-build-robot-astronaut
This is to prove that a robot body can be roughly made, and controlled, and so, if it can be controlled by Nerrisha's brain, which is possible, ask Kevin Wilster, then that's all good.

Here's what I was speaking about the robotic hand. Well, it has been done, and also can be covered in a material to make it look like a real hand. I've seen it, and it's really cool. There's also artificial legs somewhere but I couldn't find a link on short notice.
http://curiosity.discovery.com/topic/robotics/working-robot-pictures.htm

Well, I wasn't thinking of skin looking this fake, but it seems to be that it can be done.
http://curiosity.discovery.com/topic/robotics/working-robot-pictures6.htm

I was too lazy to look for robotics responding to the human brain's impulses, but according to Kevin it's possible.

Anyway, that's to leave all of you protesters

To note, that Nerrisha isn't a AI robot. Stop saying that. She's a human with a artificial body, which as I said many times, is POSSIBLE.
Beep bop boop, going to roleplay now.

*And as discussed with Desmond, she'l have a mechanical heart and mini lungs in her head, to keep her actual brain alive. Our lungs are large so as to have enough oxygen to supply our whole body. Now, if there's just a brain to keep alive, the volume of the respiratory surface doesn't have to be as large.

Back to top Go down

Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha Empty Re: Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha

Post by Victor_Jankowski Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Robonaut 2 : (NASA Robot)

Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha 350px-Robonaut_2

Is THIS How Nerrisha looks like? Well, I find it kinda odd.

Look, Peter and Ed themselves said Robot RP was over and you had no longer perm to RP as a cyborg due to robotic arms that can lift a 200 pound wolf.... Why can't you just accept it? What's wrong on being a Human/Werewolf/Cyborg? Please, just get over it?

Look, I'm not trying to troll or anything, I just wanna know, why the hell are you so obcessed in RPing as cyborgs if they can't have anything special ( Or else it's PG ) ?
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha Empty Re: Cyborgs- Again-Specifically Nerrisha Mecha

Post by Caleb Simms Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Still missing the point that RPin a robot is still not allowed until a decision is made, locked.
Caleb Simms
Caleb Simms
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Controlling things via thoughts and impulses is possible...Bareley. It only does things that...Are..well...very basic, and it's very hard to make them impulses....connect.
The other problem is your whole "Brain transplant" thing. Which is most certainly not possible when its one body to another, nevermind human to virtual construct.
In tehory, a head transplant is possible. But only on a biological scale.

Look, basically, y'aint ever gonna put a human being in a robotic body. It's...just beyond us.

Bionic techs a different matter entirley. And that's also something we've bareley scratched the surface of. At te moment, we've got limited experience in that department..and all efforts have been to the restoration of lost senses. Ear implants are a success...With some work being done on eyes...There's only a few out there with bionic eyes.

Cyborgs and robots on the scale you people want are just...Fantasy...A distant and far off imagination.

you just can't make artifical bodies which can be controlled by human beings.
I mean.. We can..Replace or create...certain body parts...But trying to smack them all together to create a functional body...Its just...extremley impossible.
We can maintain and rebuild life. But we cannot create it.
Neither method, biological or mechanical, work on the scale needed to imitate a human being.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down