VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use of /coin in RP's

+2
Marcus Campbell
Victor_Jankowski
6 posters

Go down

Use of /coin in RP's  Empty Use of /coin in RP's

Post by Victor_Jankowski Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:26 am

Well, I've seen people asking me to /coin my shots when shooting at medium range... but look... First of all, I have level 3 in deagles... plus training in SD/SWAT/ETC...

I just wanna make this clear for future enviroments... I think it's hard to miss with all that trainment, but seriously... It pretty much depends on the range and size of the target... So I think it's unfair to /coin...

I want to make this clear already... So people post here what do you think
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Use of /coin in RP's  Empty Re: Use of /coin in RP's

Post by Marcus Campbell Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:44 am

When you have Deagle skill level 3 and you aim at someone from close (still seeing their nametag)It's impossible to miss your shot and there would be no need to coin it at all.I know there are a very few set of people that actually deal with the facts..Anyway with a Deagle skill level 3 There's no need for a /coin as you wouldn't miss your shot.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 am

Depends on the situation, if it's a 50 50 chance then yes, else you shouldnt be coining.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:19 am

I think you should use coin at level 3 only when your injured but are able to shoot because when your injured you need to aim with pain which makes in some cases your hand shakes or the gun jump so you'd only need to /coin it if your injured because it's quiet impossible to have a 50-50 chance while your fine and aiming a gun at someone.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:22 am

I think the coin should only be used for situation where it would be unfair for the player to choose the outcome, because the coin is unbias for instance

/me attempts to from a ball at player x

Player x- /do F i jump out the way just in time

As this couldgo either way you should leave it up to chance

( generally in these situations people will always make the outcome work for them hence the need fot the /coin)
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:57 pm

I've seen people like....

* 1000000 Zombies passes near one man.. *

* Dude uses /coin ,gets heads, and survives zombie horde attack... *

* Walks away home to his wife and children to tell them new story... *

That is powergame.. if you don't agree with me jump off the bridge and die. (( Sage ftw )).

Pisses me off...
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony_Weber Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Truly, the usage of /coin is there just to settle out random chances with no tendencies. There's no dungeons & dragons-like system in the server's scripting, so the usage of coin is based only on player co-operation.

/coin is to be used only when the chances of something happening are 50-50%. If both sides don't agree and don't seem to want to discuss, they keep bitchin' in OOC until an moderator comes to the scene angrily because he has to play the detective game to see which one of the two people is using wishful thinking in his / her roleplay.

Truly, if people co-operated, there wouldn't be these problems about whether to /coin or not. It's something that requires good judgement.

And it's also something that requires role-playing that isn't influenced by OOC wishes.
("OMG I want my target to die!! I will use whatever possible law of physics to make my /me succeed!!!" kind of thing)

(PS, to the topic creator: You only use the apostrophes when there is the letter "is" shortened. Writing down RP's would mean RP is >w>)

(DOUBLE P.S. if people are bugging you about having to role-play your shots, I think there's a rule where if you have an IC reason to kill someone, you can scriptly open fire)

Anthony_Weber
Eavesdropper
Eavesdropper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down