VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System.

+3
Samara
Simon Bourne
KilicB
7 posters

Go down

Make a DMV System, or keep having no licenses?

Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. I_vote_lcap75%Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. I_vote_lcap25%Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. Empty Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System.

Post by KilicB Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, No-one has a license in this server becouse you can't get them, I'm suggesting a DMV System so where they can buy one and get in a car with a NPC Next to them in the passenger seat. They will have to drive trough the checkpoints and if they attemp to abuse it they first 1, Can't go outside the checkpoint ''road'' they have to drive trough, 2 They will get a timer like 100 seconds. 3, It will cost 500 dollar what is realistic.

CMD: ''/licenses [Part of name/ID]''

If needed, I'll map + script this becouse it will improve Roleplay + jails.

Last edited by KilicB on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
KilicB
KilicB

Back to top Go down

Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System. Empty Re: Suggesion of Lucas, DMV System.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 pm

Some people drive on the left side of the road. Honestly, this should be implemented.
I TRIED to implement this a long time ago but failed. People only used to just steal the test car and throw it into the water.
Fffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by KilicB Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 am

Yeah true, But that's what i've for idea too, Let them only drive on that piece of ''road'' where the checkpoint is heading to, So they can't use it for trolling. And as soon as they leave the car they will be TP'ed back to DMV.
KilicB
KilicB

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 am

RP Drivers license? Many people will have to go to the DMV, spam the scripts , shitload of drivers on the way and they already have cars from a long time ago, so...no.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:22 am

I agree with this, I've been pulled over by the cops several times with them asking for a licence, and it's quite annoying be able to do something like /showdlicence ID or /dlicence ID.
With it how it is now, Anyone could RP having a licence, Including people RPing as kids.

EDIT: You would still need to RP getting the licence out and showing it. Razz

Last edited by Samara on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KilicB Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 am

Yes, But it would be a more realistic way of just having a License, And why whould you be lazy to just typ ''/licenses [ID]'' It isn't that anoying if you are already pulled over,

Rome - If they have car's from long time ago, And they don't have a valid license now they will go to jail, That's how it works, I don't know if you know how to script but you can't spam the script if you set their virtuelworld to random world's, (I'm sure the admin's know how to do this) And if they got a license, they can't get it anymore, Very simple..

It's usefull too for new bussines's.
KilicB
KilicB

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 am

KilicB wrote:Yes, But it would be a more realistic way of just having a License, And why whould you be lazy to just typ ''/licenses [ID]'' It isn't that anoying if you are already pulled over,

Rome - If they have car's from long time ago, And they don't have a valid license now they will go to jail, That's how it works, I don't know if you know how to script but you can't spam the script if you set their virtuelworld to random world's, (I'm sure the admin's know how to do this) And if they got a license, they can't get it anymore, Very simple..

We've been RPing driver's licenses for waaaay too much time, changing it now and starting without the license would make things a little bit more difficult, such as the SD can't patrol because they don't have a license, nor the EMS and everyone would have to walk or run to the DMV because driving their cars without a license is illegal....

Just leave it the way it is, i don't want some bored cop to pull me over to ask me if i have a license, OFC i will shoot him or her.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:53 am

RomeKovz wrote:
KilicB wrote:Yes, But it would be a more realistic way of just having a License, And why whould you be lazy to just typ ''/licenses [ID]'' It isn't that anoying if you are already pulled over,

We've been RPing driver's licenses for waaaay too much time, changing it now and starting without the license would make things a little bit more difficult, such as the SD can't patrol because they don't have a license, nor the EMS and everyone would have to walk or run to the DMV because driving their cars without a license is illegal....

Just leave it the way it is, i don't want some bored cop to pull me over to ask me if i have a license, OFC i will shoot him or her.

Right, So if this gets implemented, you'll be too fucking lazy to take a simple IG test, which would be a simple payment of lets say, $200 to take the test, then some driving through some checkpoints while doing the actual speed limit?
And because you've decided not to take it, you get pulled over by the cops with no licence, and you just kill them because of your own stupidity, and refusal to change and add things into the server to IMPROVE some parts of RP.

Samara
Samara
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 am

Samara wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

Right, So if this gets implemented, you'll be too fucking lazy to take a simple IG test, which would be a simple payment of lets say, $200 to take the test, then some driving through some checkpoints while doing the actual speed limit?
And because you've decided not to take it, you get pulled over by the cops with no licence, and you just kill them because of your own stupidity, and refusal to change and add things into the server to IMPROVE some parts of RP.

No i say this because some admin is going to magically spawn licenses for the law enforcements and they go all "har har we can drive and if you do without a license and you try to get one we pwn you and stuff".

So....leave it just how it is, i think it's okay now.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 am

Make it so that admin CAN'T spawn licences, Dur. -.-
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 am

Hate the timer portion.

Love the rest.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 am

ArielV wrote:
Hate the timer portion.
Love the rest.

I know other servers have a timer on it, after the time runs out, the car de-spawns, But that also pushes people to speed through the checkpoints.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 am

^ Indeed, I remember one time on *EXPUNGEDCAUSECOOLBEANS*

I kept failing the driver's test, it irritated me so much.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Noble Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 am

I support this. It'll add more RP. It'll also make sure that people who think this is England, referring to people who are all over the road, stay off the streets until they learn how to properly drive. It'd increase a number of things.
The_Noble
The_Noble
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Outcast Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 am

Maybe using a San Fierro's DMV yard for driving practice? Also, for testing on the road, it can be set somewhere where there's no water near or anything, and setting the player's world boundaries so if he goes "off-route" he would be auto-spanwed infron of the DMV and the car would be de-spawned.
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

Outcast wrote:Maybe using a San Fierro's DMV yard for driving practice?

Too far for a player to go if they don't have a licence and/or a car. (Don't tell me they can use a taxi as there are rarely any drivers on.)

Maybe one of the country towns near PC would be more suitable.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Outcast Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 am

No, I mean. They go to the DMV somewhere in RC, and idk type /takeexam or something and they get teleported to the SF DMV yard and set to the other virtual world.
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

RomeKovz wrote:
Samara wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

No i say this because some admin is going to magically spawn licenses for the law enforcements and they go all "har har we can drive and if you do without a license and you try to get one we pwn you and stuff".

Your whole argument was ruined by the fact you said "i don't want some bored cop to pull me over to ask me if i have a license, OFC i will shoot him or her"

So becuase the police do there job in pulling you over and find you guilty of soemthign thats ok for Dming because that hat that is there no rp to it yu just shoot someone in the face so instead of getting a fine which 99% of people do becuase what the sence in going to jail for a ticket? Instead of people thinking there godi say dso what you would do in real life (which mean pay the fine and get used to chanegs in the server especially when they improve it )
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Outcast wrote:No, I mean. They go to the DMV somewhere in RC, and idk type /takeexam or something and they get teleported to the SF DMV yard and set to the other virtual world.
Rather that they do the test in Red County, but in a different world interior, ie they won't see anyone else but will be in Red County.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

machete wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:
Samara wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

Your whole argument was ruined by the fact you said "i don't want some bored cop to pull me over to ask me if i have a license, OFC i will shoot him or her"

So becuase the police do there job in pulling you over and find you guilty of soemthign thats ok for Dming because that hat that is there no rp to it yu just shoot someone in the face so instead of getting a fine which 99% of people do becuase what the sence in going to jail for a ticket? Instead of people thinking there godi say dso what you would do in real life (which mean pay the fine and get used to chanegs in the server especially when they improve it )

It's called "joking", name 1 cop that i killed when he or she gave me a ticket.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:18 am

RomeKovz wrote:
machete wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:
Samara wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

It's called "joking", name 1 cop that i killed when he or she gave me a ticket.

I apoligise if it was a joke hard to tell over internet however just get on my nerves people thinking the GOD!
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down