VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them.

+3
Outcast
Kevin Alymer
Sam Akabara
7 posters

Go down

So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. Empty So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them.

Post by Sam Akabara Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Notice: This topic is a frustration vent, and does nothing but make me feel a bit better.

Let me explain something to you.

SAMP does hike up the req's slightly.

This game is not built for systems with 1GB of system ram.
This game is not meant to run on an ancient Single core CPU. As in, one under 2 GHZ. Yes i know the regular GTA SA is 1GHZ Single core. But this is Multiplayer. Bit different, especially seeing as officially multiplayer shouldnt exist on this.

Your Intel integrated Graphics is not a gaming GPU. It is for watching video's. That is all. Do not try and use it.
A computer which you've been trying to keep running on soviet era parts is not meant to run this game.

In short, stop bitching about the weather, going "Oh no, this 10 Polygon count storm is lagging me to hell!" Upgrade your PC. Infact, if you can't run THIS very well, don't bother upgrading, waste of money. Get a NEW PC with a PROPER Graphics card.

Proper Graphics cards for this century:
ATI Radeon HD Series Cards. 5xxxx or above.
NVIDIA GEForce 9800. Minimum.
NVIDIA GEForce 200 Series or above.

Proper CPU's for this Century: Intel Core I5 or above.
AMD Phenom CPU's.

4GB's of RAM is STANDARD.

You can build a decent Rig for under £1000 these days. There are no excuses.

You do not have a gaming laptop. Get out. Gaming laptops cost money. If it's not Alienware, it's not a gaming laptop. It's a pile of junk. (Mind you, only cabbages purchase laptops for gaming)

Bit off topic eh, but still, point stands. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WEATHER.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. Empty Re: So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them.

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:50 am

Anyways if you do have old computers and are not in a situation where you can buy a new one, try lowering your game settings.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. Empty Re: So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them.

Post by Outcast Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:07 am

Let me say that this statement is not fair to some people. Not everyone has an oportunity to have a gaming rig to play games. Second of all, you don't really have to upgrade your PC in order to run this game lag free.

Let me say that I played SA-MP for two years on the following PC:

Pentium 4, 2.8GHz
1GB ddr(1) RAM
HD 3650 512mb (AGP grahic card)
80GB HDD
Win XP

And I managed to play SA-MP on an almost 10 years old PC:

Pentium 4, 1.4GHz
700MB RAM
40GB HDD
Radeon 9200, 128mb

It ran perfect for me. Never lagged or anything. I currently have the following PC and I'm able to run all the new games at medium/high settings (GTA IV at medium-high, no lag):

AMD Athlon II X2 240, 2.8GHz
HD 4830 512MB
2GB DDR3 RAM
160GB HDD + 40GB backup HDD

It cost me around 400 dollars. Today you can get a cheap but great PC. If anyone is planning to buy a new one, ALWAYS and I'll repeat, ALWAYS buy it in PARTS. Never buy it from the store, where it's already set up cause you'll probably pay 200-300 dollars more. You can always pay someone 20-30 dollars to connect all the parts for you.

If you don't plan to buy a new PC, here's what I did to get my game run lag-free:

1) Download Gamebooster. It's a free application that shutsdown all the unnecessary processes and services for you, so you can play your games with your computers full capacity. Google it, it's free.
2) Defrag your hard-drive. You can google how to do it, it will really help your PC and should be done regullary.
3) Check your HDD for errors. You can do it by right-clicking your HDD and selecting properties in My Computer.
4) Always have an anti-virus software installed and scan for viruses every now and then. Viruses can be a real impact on your PC's performance, I used to make them so I know what I'm talking about.
5) Shutdown all the background applications that you don't need, like MSN Messanger or Firefox/Internet Explorer...
6) Download "TweakNowPowerpack". It's a free program that will help you clean your PC. With it you can clean your HDD and fix your registry errors.
7) Don't use mods if you can't handle them. It's that simple.
Cool Lower your settings to low. Even I use the low settings, and the dynamic shadows suck in San Andreas anyways.
9) For really old PC's, you can set your game to run on 16-bit color mode, instead of 32-bit. You can set that under the resolution options.
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 am

Having seen your Rig Setup, i have to wonder what the fuck half the people are playing on to get "Lag"
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 am

Well misters....

I'm having an 0.5GB RAM Windows XP...

All my settings are on low and uhm...

I'm still getting lag from the rain. Surprised
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 am

That's becuase you've got 0.5 GB's of RAm...
You've probly only got INtel Integrated Graphics too..
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 am

Most SA-MP players have the following gaming rigs:
So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. Stoneage_computer_hg_clr
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 am

Feganator wrote:Most SA-MP players have the following gaming rigs:
So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. Stoneage_computer_hg_clr

Currently I'm using this:

So lots of people have problems with weather lagging them. BALKAN_1
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Outcast Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 am

Nicolas, try setting your GTA in the 16-bit color mode in the Display options and see if it will fix the lag. On older graphic cards setting it to 16-bit can give you extra 5-10 fps
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:13 am

Well venting is good and I've noticed your whole attitude towards the server changed alot after taking over Camarilla and becoming Admin. It really gets to you sometimes trying to keep everything in check and making sure you're not neglecting real life. So keep it up if you need to.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 am

256mb RAM
geforce 2 family
1.6GHz CPU.
Weather isn't an issue, if you complain your on a shitbox it's solely your fault.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:17 pm

The weather doesn't cause lag. The shadows do. (Example the forest is a horrible lag area due to the trees)
Turn down the graphics so it won't show shadows and you'l be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down