VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFK Kick Warning

+2
Nero
Dominique LaRue
6 posters

Go down

AFK Kick Warning Empty AFK Kick Warning

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:50 am

The AFK kick is a very useful feature because it keeps people from sitting around and moneyfarming (for the most part) or automatically removing players who have just been away for too long. But as most people are aware, it also means that it kicks people who are RPing. Because the script is based off of movement and not general activity, if you're sitting in an RP (in an animation or otherwise), you need to stop animation every few minutes and run around.

Instead, would it be possible to include a warning that displays on your screens 30 seconds before the kick? If you're there and at your computer, 30 seconds give you enough time to type /stopanim and move around, or whatever. If not, however, you get kicked as normal. The warning would be something like this:

[AFK Kick:] You have not moved for almost ten minutes. You will be logged out in 30 seconds if you do not move.

Optionally, to promote RP, you can make it request a command that can be typed, rather than moving around and running in circles, disrupting the formation or scenery you might have built. It is always annoying having to get into the right angle and position if you had an animation before that you had lined up perfectly.

[AFK Kick:] You have not moved for almost ten minutes. You will be logged out in 30 seconds if you do not type /afkhere.

/afkhere - "[AFK Kick:] You will not be kicked for another ten minutes, thank you." or whatever.

However- this is just extra. All I really think is necessary is a warning.

This allows people to keep their RP going and to be able to not worry as much about the AFK kick, rather than having to panic and jerk around every 3 minutes.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

AFK Kick Warning Empty Re: AFK Kick Warning

Post by Nero Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 am

Great suggestion, it would be VERY usefull...

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 am

My dear friend, this is the most brilliant fucking thing I've ever seen on the suggestions board.

I've been circling around like a headless rooster just to not get auto-kicked. This will definitely fix the auto-kick problem.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Boegs Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:21 am

Yup fullsupport it.
But maybe it can check also if you wrote anything OOC or IC.
Instead of just checking if you move.
Tom Boegs
Tom Boegs
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:56 am

Reason i dnt support the /afkhere command any one i mean anyone can make a use a simple program to type that command so that ever 8 mins the message woul appear allowing money farmin the warning however i full support.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:04 am

machete wrote:Reason i dnt support the /afkhere command any one i mean anyone can make a use a simple program to type that command so that ever 8 mins the message woul appear allowing money farmin the warning however i full support.

Just the same, you can make a simple program to tap the "left" arrow every 8 minutes to make you run around. Rolling Eyes

If people are botting to farm money checks, this will not stop them. This isn't about them, this suggestion, because people botting for money checks are fairly obvious and not the target audience of this change.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron_Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:13 am

I Agree, Sometimes people RP but dont move. This will really remind them 'Og it's almost 10 mins'
Aaron_Lee
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down