VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk]

3 posters

Go down

Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk] Empty Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk]

Post by Dominique LaRue Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:39 pm

This topic is a bit long. If you choose not to read it, that is your issue. I will hold people to the information I write in here. I'd suggest you read it, get your friends to read it- especially if this sounds like stuff you'd do.

If it's a public, well-populated area, chances are there's some form of CCTV there. Considering the crime rate of Red County (thanks in complete part to our players), the town goes to extensive yet realistic measures to keep secure. While I will not disclose every single location of every single CCTV, for sake of general realism- if it's a business, it has a CCTV in front of it or around it somewhere. Shooting CCTV cameras or whatever doesn't clear their footage, nor is it particularly a realistic action to take. If you are RPing a crime in public, you are expected to report yourself on the Report a Crime section (to encourage people to do this, I ask the SD give slightly lower ajail punishments. It might be mixing IC/OOC, but it helps matters). People reported by others or admins on the CCTV section are expected to be given a higher punishment.

Very, very simple solution to this: If you want to start fights, use your vampire/werewolf powers, do crimes, whatever- go to someplace that's not the front of the bank or the middle of the town. Just because there are no other players online around you does not mean there is no one there RPly. You are expected to RP that there are a realistic amount of NPCs for a town with a population like Palomino Creek. Doing crimes in public, in front of someone's home, in front of a business, in the middle of the day? All are recipes to get yourself caught.

Crimes are dramatic things to pull off in public. They are generally done out of quick thinking and poor judgement and business does not continue as normal when someone is murdered in public. If I see any people RPing murdering someone or doing some big crime in public and not giving a damn about the risk of being caught ICly or OOCly, I will ajail you for your IC time plus extra for non-RP/MG [MGing that there are no SD online/no legal risk].

I also am tired of hearing the excuse of "It's the SD's fault if they're not online" or "It's an IC issue if my character acts stupidly." No it's not, no it's not. We are a server that averages 12-20 people online at its peak or normal chugging hours. That is obviously not the whole active population of Palomino Creek (or Red County, for that matter). It will not be RP'd as such. Just because there are no online SD does not mean that there are no SD around- and if I must, I will literally RP NPC SD officers arresting you while in spec mode if I have to nail that point home and foster a more RP environment. As for the cry of "it's an IC issue"- no, your character climbing around the buildings, carrying a gun in public, killing people in front of the bank is not an IC issue. It's a lack of RP and no amount of screaming about how it should be handled ICly will change the fact that it's unrealistic and non-RP. Unless it's exceptionally roleplayed (and even then, your character would be carted off to jail/an insane asylum in hours), you will be met with an ajail if you RP in such an unrealistic fashion.

This is an RP server that's supposed to emulate reality. This is not a SA:MP RPG where we act like this is a game. This is a "realistic" RP (with fantasy elements of vampires/werewolves)- that means that, to the highest extent we can within the confines of our medium, we need to RP our characters as if it was real life. You do not see people leaping out of bushes with automatic weapons in redneck country towns or jumping around buildings because they're bored. If you are seen jumping around a roof, by the way, I reserve the right to ask you what your IC motivation is. If that reason is shit, which it probably will be, you will be a-jailed. Roofs are not a playground. They're private property and dangerous to jump around.

/rant
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk] Empty Re: Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk]

Post by Raiden Akimoto Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Have you test the script?
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Fap fap fap, who fap? Shlick shlick shlick who shlick?

Back to top Go down

Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk] Empty Re: Reminder: CCTV [Refuse to read at your own risk]

Post by Dominique LaRue Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Adrian_Lee wrote:Have you test the script?

Not yet- but script does not replace roleplay. This thread has nothing to do with the script. While we will have a small CCTV command for the Sheriff's Department, it will not alone replace RP, realism, and common sense. Just because a camera might not be mapped or the CCTV command might not be scripted for a certain location does not mean that there is none there.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:54 pm

You mean like go to the SD and use /spec commands? Just a guess nothing tolerated about it.
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Fap fap fap, who fap? Shlick shlick shlick who shlick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Locked.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down