VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun damage (just read it's not that bad)

+6
Terry Winston
Nicolas Djordjevic
ArielV
[Graziano]Adrian
Kevin Alymer
Matt Mercer
10 posters

Go down

Sun damage (just read it's not that bad) Empty Sun damage (just read it's not that bad)

Post by Matt Mercer Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 am

So vampires.. hate the sun. sun hates the vampires... all that good stuff. but i hardly see anyone RP that.
And i know that this topic has been ...violently reject before but just bear with me and read on.

So i think this is a fair way to include it
1st: When the suns out... all vampires should look uncomfortable ICly.
2nd: all powers have a -1 to them example Speed 5 becomes Speed 4 in sunlight. So on and so forth
3rd: when the weather shifts to rain. or clouds block the sun, powers return to normal. Or you are in a building with artificial light powers return to normal.
4th: This is the way I RP, since Im a lasombra. a bloodline that Really hates sun light, My shadow play powers are halted and my stats are cut in half. Yeah it's a bit extreme, yeah most people live in a timezone where the server is always day time. but im thinking at around 7:00 the sun "should" be setting and at around 5-6 it "should" be rising Regardless of what the server weather looks like.
also not saying this has to be implemented.. it's just the way I rp as a vampire.

(to be fair wolves should have something like this. IDK uhm... full moon? new moon? just tossing ideas around .KTHNXBAI)
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Sun damage (just read it's not that bad) Empty Re: Sun damage (just read it's not that bad)

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 am

It's not a bad idea, but it shouldn't be too noticable, as others will find excuses to find out what you are and such. Maybe they prefer staying in shadows and such.

Werewolves already kind of have it. Their wolf form has become more, easily to be noticed as strange therefore wolves will barely shift in public at daylight. Even at night they'll only do it rarely, due to there being cameras around and such. Plus they stay in human form so, there's no point.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Sun damage (just read it's not that bad) Empty Re: Sun damage (just read it's not that bad)

Post by [Graziano]Adrian Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:16 am

It would be better .. Irl in vampire films and books they dont like sun etc,,
/support ( im writing through my blackberry Very Happy )
[Graziano]Adrian
[Graziano]Adrian
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 am

I'm usually on when it's daytime, so it's a bit bullshit to have my powers be permanently lower. @Ice Boy 1. No /support'ing, 2. THISISTHEWHITEWOLFWORLDOFDARKNESS.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Suuuuure!

So people in Brazil and America who are vampires won't be bothered by the sun!

Sure, I agree with you. Half of the world has to RP sun damage, the other one doesn't.

That's fair. I agree.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Im sure sam will correct me if im wrong but under WOD vampires arn't affected by the sun and i thinks thats what the server bases vamps on, sure sam will post here soon.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanya Smith Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 pm

I think that in WOD sun causes final death to vampires, although not every vampire could be online at evening so they could RP.
Tanya Smith
Tanya Smith
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : If you can see this, I am probably dead now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Phelps Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Meh, sure.. WHy not.. ? Werewolves have weaknesses too, so.. We could use this too, aaaayeee?! :3
Sean Phelps
Sean Phelps
Death Claws
Death Claws

Personal Text : Derpinator.

http://www.reddit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 am

The Sun does hurt vampires. Sun is the ultimate fire place. Fire kill vampires. And come one its only a -1 to your stats when your in the Sun, think tactical, get in the shade or find a building when your ganna fight. Wolves have there handicap, and so should we. I'm a lasombra and im on during the day (serverwise) too, i think if i could handle it so can you? Plus Lasombra are very vulnerable to sunlight... I have my shadow play halted completly and my stats are cut IN HALF. thats just how I rp
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 am

There is a difference between common fire and nuclear fire:"""
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 am

Peter wrote:There is a difference between common fire and nuclear fire:"""

I searched nuclear fire and got a german heavy metal band ... O.O
ANYWAY. im sure they both hurt vampires... well... hurt vampires more then it hurts humans.
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:03 am

Or you can make it that they just prefer staying into shadows as the sun can hurt them a little and make them uncomfortable.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 am

Again, it's always daytime when I'm on, it's unfair if people who's timezones are during VHRP Nighttime while other timezones are during VHRP Daytime when they're usually on.

See what I'm trying to say?

SOMEPEOPLEAREFORCEDTORPITALLTHETIMEOTHERSDON'THAVETORPITDUETONIGHTTIME.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Derpy hooves.

Vampires in WoD BURN TO A FUCKING CINDER when they're even hit by teensy amounts of sunlight. They're lucky to survive it. Infact, they usually can't even stay conscious during daylight hours. It's, for the majority, mentally and physically impossible for them to do so.

Beleive me, i'd love to stop the whole running around in the daytime thing. But i don't want to be a dick to people in different timezones. You know, not everyone can play when its night on the server.

And, peter, if i have to try and ram down your throat the fct that you can't use science...Oh i don't actually care anymore. Just shh if you can't understand.

Oh and, sriously? Those of you arguin on the sunlight does/doesn't point. How hard was it to go and look?
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 am

For fire you can use science because sunlight has properties that atmospheric light generated by fire does not....

Because nobody likes physics I'm building a rocket ship powered by faster than light nuetrinos (I know they are slower).
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:01 am

Peter wrote:For fire you can use science because sunlight has properties that atmospheric light generated by fire does not....

Because nobody likes physics I'm building a rocket ship powered by faster than light nuetrinos (I know they are slower).

It has absolutley othing to do with science, which is my entire point.

Y'all stop that blabbering.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down