VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the community(Please read)

+8
Alex Montgomery
Nazz
Lloyd McFadden
Terry Winston
Sonerin
Nero
Bryan_Dan
Kevin Alymer
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To the community(Please read) Empty To the community(Please read)

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:35 am

Alright I'll start with saying that, we are a gaming community, and I am a member of the community like everyone of you. I'd like to share with all of you something I'd like to say to all. First of all, we're a community, and I believe we're a good one, we play with each other and we usually enjoy our gameplay experience. Every community has issues yes, that's true, but we should do our best as each member of the community to fix them.

I will first regard the OOC issues we have with each other. To whoever has conflict with other people please stop it. As an admin I see complaints about some people flaming each other. That actually doesn't make me feel good because we here all play together so we can have a good time, not fight with each other. It's a game, those players you play here are the reason you even enjoy your gameplay so making it harder for them won't really help. Flaming each other, insulting them profiting from the fact its yet not a flame, are not a good thing or mature thing to do, doesn't matter who started the fight in the first place. We're all supposed to be friends with each other actually, this server has brought us together, and we've played with each other for a long time. Please, do act mature, do give each other second chances, be nice, it won't cost you anything and will make us a much better community to play in, and to have. With those actions you usually do, like offending others, responding to new players in a bad way, it all gives us a bad reputation.

It also affects the players around you, yes. When you become angry and you rage, others don't enjoy it either. I hope you're not coming here to do so in purpose and make this a not so very good experience to others. It's easy to just start fighting with a person, but in life with easy things we don't really achieve the most, it's the harder things we achieve the most and in this situation it is to be nice to each other, and try your best to be friendly. It helps the entire community, and yourself and it can improve your own gaming experience. Same goes with taking IC thing oocly, IC is IC, OOC is OOC, keep it that way please. So this is kind of a petition from me(I do think more people would ask this too), to stop all these mistakes we do. It's a game, we shouldn't rage at each other, and have a bad attitude. You're not helping anyone if you're doing so.

I'll regard the issue of roleplaying with each other. Yes we understand we have a lot of /b chatting when some actions we don't like do happen. It would be much better if we could tolerate each other, and try to rather continue RP then to start trying to make it harder for each other to RP(Yes this might be a reason script is allowed). We are a server and if we are trying to be really good rpers at a good level so we should act like one. I will be honest but so far, a few have really shown good RP among each other. Yes you can have the RP skills but you have to show them, because this server is about roleplaying with each other. I know you all like to have these good, strong characters, but even those heroes in movies do not always win, and by loosing several times grow stronger. You don't always have to be the winner in a Rp fight, why not be fair so you both can enjoy the roleplay.

Which leads me to my next point. We are a community, the others are kinda the reason we even have fun, as we roleplay with them. You shouldn't take them for granted, you should try and do your part to make all the roleplayers in a RP enjoy the RP. Even when your character looses and the RP went great you can enjoy the RP. As a community we don't have to roleplay to just enjoy ourselves, this is a non profit community, so we should give back to it by having a nice attitude, and give back to the players who make us enjoy this server by trying to be nice to them and cooperate in rps.

An example is when two people get mad at each other because they don't try hard enough to cooperate nicely and then they just can say "O I'm not rping with you" and they walk away. That's not right at all, nor on how it's supposed to be.

Another point I'd like to raise is script fighting. This is a RP server, I agree script fighting can be a part of it, but the /me is the best way to express a roleplay. People enjoy the /me part because it's more rich in RP. Now, please don't just start with script fight in the first place, keep it for some opportunities. No one likes being scripted every time, and let me ask you a question, do you always respect the script fight rule of having a valid reason? This is a RP server, please try to express yourself with /me's as much as possible, we have to make this a good roleplay server and not forget the roleplay experience to it. Since we're kind of friends with each other, we can try and be nice and ask the person on which roleplay type would he like to participate on, to be polite. Also interrupting in a roleplay when the people are using /me's just kind of ruins the roleplay for the rest. Would you really like to do that? We have to try and make our experience fun for everyone.

If someone's not a good roleplayer try and help him out, please if you see a new player be nice to them too.

I alone can't solve these issues, we all as a community need to fix these. I do need your support. I am speaking as a community member. This server is non-profit, if they do need donations is because they want to improve our gameplay experience. As a member of VHRP I will try and give back to this server, give some effort into making it a better server. I hope you read this and try to do the same.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

To the community(Please read) Empty Re: To the community(Please read)

Post by Bryan_Dan Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:55 am

I totally agree with you. We do have too many fights and flaming in this community. We do need to try our best to stop it.
I mean, if a cop arrests you, it doesn't mean you have to hate him OOCly and flame him, you know what I mean? People need to learn how to lose in Roleplays sometimes, everything can't go always your way. That's all I have to say.
Bryan_Dan
Bryan_Dan
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:20 am

Impossible to stop this... >.>

( P.S: I see why you were AFK for a LONG time in the middle of Dillimore Kevin :p ))

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:22 am

It is possible if we all try it.

And yeah had to go afk for a while Razz.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Kevin wrote:
Another point I'd like to raise is script fighting. This is a RP server, I agree script fighting can be a part of it, but the /me is the best way to express a roleplay. People enjoy the /me part because it's more rich in RP. Now, please don't just start with script fight in the first place, keep it for some opportunities. No one likes being scripted every time, and let me ask you a question, do you always respect the script fight rule of having a valid reason? This is a RP server, please try to express yourself with /me's as much as possible, we have to make this a good roleplay server and not forget the roleplay experience to it. Since we're kind of friends with each other, we can try and be nice and ask the person on which roleplay type would he like to participate on, to be polite. Also interrupting in a roleplay when the people are using /me's just kind of ruins the roleplay for the rest. Would you really like to do that? We have to try and make our experience fun for everyone.

Nope. Script fighting gives people equal chances to win, and a reason to buy more powerful weaponry.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:15 pm

We could always try removing all /b for a trial period i know it sound crazy but people woul have to rp instead of bitching rp try and solve it.
Obv if you think someone breaking a rule or ect report to admin you don't need a /b war .
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 pm

machete wrote:We could always try removing all /b for a trial period i know it sound crazy but people woul have to rp instead of bitching rp try and solve it.
Obv if you think someone breaking a rule or ect report to admin you don't need a /b war .

No, again, no.

We have it for a reason. Sometimes there could be misunderstanding, so you have to solve it through /b. People will just use brackets to speak in OOC, which will make the gameplay look a lot worse.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Sonerin wrote:
machete wrote:We could always try removing all /b for a trial period i know it sound crazy but people woul have to rp instead of bitching rp try and solve it.

No, again, no.

We have it for a reason. Sometimes there could be misunderstanding, so you have to solve it through /b. People will just use brackets to speak in OOC, which will make the gameplay look a lot worse.

I have to agree with Sonerin on that one Machete.

I'd say a Zero Tolerance rule on OOC but we done it before and nothing really happened. Maybe if we could tempban people if it gets out of hand with the OOC.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Sonerin wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Nope. Script fighting gives people equal chances to win, and a reason to buy more powerful weaponry.

Actually, not everyone has the same shooting skills nor do they have the good ping to be at advantage of it. Plus massive script fighting doesn't go well for the server,not if you do it the entire time and see it as your last resort. And interrupting a normal roleplay of people wanting to roleplay with /me's is not really ethical. We need more RP going on then just being careful to walk down the street because you're afraid you will be shot. Red County is a small, supposed to be quiet town, not a town that's currently in war. People have to RP it that way. Also not everyone seems to be scripting for a good valid reason, mostly using script to solve their issues. And it's not actually equal either.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Kevin wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
Kevin wrote:

Actually, not everyone has the same shooting skills nor do they have the good ping to be at advantage of it. Plus massive script fighting doesn't go well for the server,not if you do it the entire time and see it as your last resort. And interrupting a normal roleplay of people wanting to roleplay with /me's is not really ethical. We need more RP going on then just being careful to walk down the street because you're afraid you will be shot. Red County is a small, supposed to be quiet town, not a town that's currently in war. People have to RP it that way. Also not everyone seems to be scripting for a good valid reason, mostly using script to solve their issues. And it's not actually equal either.

Really?

Then why won't we stop giving almost everyone a weapons license? Raise the prices up too. They are TOO cheap. Maybe it should be like 2000 for a desert eagle, so people won't have weapons all the time.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:11 pm

I do agree to that. What I am trying to say is, we need to limit it and leave more space for actual roleplay to go on. You can use script fight too of course. But not just start scripting someone for a little thing he did.

We're trying to fix the license issue and are trying to solve that too.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Walker wrote:I'd say a Zero Tolerance rule on OOC but we done it before and nothing really happened. Maybe if we could tempban people if it gets out of hand with the OOC.

As far as I know... You can ignore all PM's and /b's while roleplaying... If he/she keeps /b'ing and ignoring your /Me's and /do's, simply report them for refusing to RP.

And I agree with Sonerin, the weapon license shouldn't be so easy to get, and the weapon prices SHOULD be higher.

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Kevin wrote:I do agree to that. What I am trying to say is, we need to limit it and leave more space for actual roleplay to go on. You can use script fight too of course. But not just start scripting someone for a little thing he did.

Do you really think that we can change that? I mean, we have admins randomly snipe people at the bank, and use the famous "I am a serial killer" excuse to not make it look like deathmatch.

To the community(Please read) Sj4lk
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Sonerin wrote:
Kevin wrote:I do agree to that. What I am trying to say is, we need to limit it and leave more space for actual roleplay to go on. You can use script fight too of course. But not just start scripting someone for a little thing he did.

Do you really think that we can change that? I mean, we have admins randomly snipe people at the bank, and use the famous "I am a serial killer" excuse to not make it look like deathmatch.

To the community(Please read) Sj4lk
Lok, I am dissapoint. "Playing around"...

A serial killer doesn't go and snipe people. That's what a terrorist does. A serial killer is more commonly someone who actually gets to know their victims personally and lures them into a position where he/she has total control over their fate. Having a "PC Sniper" would just make one pissed off when someone headshots them for the sake of the shooter being a "serial killer" (also known as no real reason at all).

If you want to RP a serial killer, then please do RP it. Not just script it. If you want to be a real badass sniper serial killer, go to a DM server, please.
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Montgomery Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:10 pm

To the community(Please read) Heavy-SON-I-AM-DISSAPOINT

But really now, there are two "serial-killers" in Palomino Creek wich. . .Snipe people?

There's Bradley and now Desmond, it's really stupid when you rp around and suddenly get shot down/pmed saying that you get headshotted and die.There's no fun for the other party in such rps.
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Look this topic is for us to all improve, so a quote of, yes, I am willing to give back to the community by trying to fix these issues, would be appreciated. It's not just a thread for arguments, it's kind of a petition.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wilhelm Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:56 am

I'll have to agree on the "Scripting" thing.. I aint a Dmer. I aint good at killin. I even play Counter-strike and I still suck, When i RP i GET into the RPing of a Doctor/Medic/Coroner. I suck at shootin. AND, theres the LAG problem. ALOT of people are SUPERB at shooting. which poses a problem. Idk how many dm servers you go to/Went to. Not Everyone is meant for scripting. The /meing of a shootout. Better.Cuz 1, Theres a chance to Live, 2, You dont have to litterally SHOOT-TO-KILL. its not fun for the person getting killed. YOU as the shooter MIGHT have fun. but You ALSO get shot. and Killed. and Dont tell me your Mr.Ninja and can Crouch, stand in one second and pop off three deagle shots to the head. Seriously. Theres no crosshairs IRL. theres the Ironsight, and Luck. thats all. As a Medic IG, I deal with alot of calls like "Shoot out" or "Someones shot" OR even "Spaceship! RUn!.." (Dont do prank calls, Cops would deal with you irl if you actually did that.) let me tell ya.. Theres alot of Things people dont consider when they use a gun. I say Make the gun prices around 50k for a deagle. 50 bucks for a bullet. and.. 2k-6k for a colt .45, Meaning LESS random shooting...

But as for the Other Paragraphs, You bring up good points Kevin, If only you were a politician and not one of those tards currently in office who just keep cash to themselves, the USA would be outta this..Economy problem

Oh and PS: stop shooting EMS. I dont hear about any EMS being shot on duty do you?. They SAVE lives. YOU TAKE lives. BIg Friggen Difference.
Daniel Wilhelm
Daniel Wilhelm
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Personal Text : Commander of the EMS And FD

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:14 am

Bradley is more like a ...Serial Killed... i killed him 3 times today..

On Topic: The server REALLY needs to go back to basics, low number of wolves and low number of vampires and a shitload of humans.

Wolves need to RP fear of humans walking around PC, since 80 percent of the humans in PC are packing heat.

And the Wolves need to do what NORMAL wolves do, stay in the forest or woods and RP with OTHER wolves if they want to..
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 am

I think the police should revoke all the licenses and start again.
+ Make it much harder to get!
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:14 am

Greenson wrote:I think the police should revoke all the licenses and start again.

I agree. The server is right now swimming in licenses and it feels like everyone is walking around flashing their guns to everyone because "hey, it's legal".

A weapons license is not just to carry a concealed gun wherever you want- the law still requires that the gun is ONLY pulled out or used when you have exhausted all other options and discharged only if you or someone is in immediate danger. Not "he insulted me so I pulled out the gun and put it in his face lollololo"
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:20 am

Seeker wrote:
Greenson wrote:I think the police should revoke all the licenses and start again.

I agree. The server is right now swimming in licenses and it feels like everyone is walking around flashing their guns to everyone because "hey, it's legal".

A weapons license is not just to carry a concealed gun wherever you want- the law still requires that the gun is ONLY pulled out or used when you have exhausted all other options and discharged only if you or someone is in immediate danger. Not "he insulted me so I pulled out the gun and put it in his face lollololo"

Tell that to the Rambo factory that we call Imagination.

Licenses NEED to be handed out ONLY to people with a clean background and the SD needs to hunt down heavily armed people.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:31 am

On top of that, the SD should start revoking people's licenses the first second they do anything irresponsible, dangerous, or illegal. They don't like it? Tough. People with criminal records should also not be able to receive them either, like Romeo said. Anyone with known affiliations to criminals, too.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:49 am

I was thinking more that SD members should revoke every license they find OOCly as ICly they have all expired.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 am

Greenson wrote:I was thinking more that SD members should revoke every license they find OOCly as ICly they have all expired.

/support
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 am

Greenson wrote:I was thinking more that SD members should revoke every license they find OOCly as ICly they have all expired.

Mine expires in 2 or 3 years ICly, why the fuck are you taking people's Licenses away IG?
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next