VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council]

4 posters

Go down

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council] Empty Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council]

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 am

NOTE: You MUST read this: https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t5709-kinfolk-guide-powers-terminology-introductory-knowledge-outlook-relationships
Else you shall NOT be a part of this council.

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council] 000

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council] Story12

I'm 20 years old. For more than half those years, I've knelt every day, repeating the prayers I've known all my life, wanting meaning, waiting for miracles, longing for either redemption or a single chance to prove my worth.

Most of the time I'm kneeling, it's because of my brother, Ian. He's the talent of the family, not me. I've been here struggling for hours trying to write something down, and if I went and asked him to help. I bet he'd finish off these ramblings with brilliant prose in at least two languages. Ian's also the family beauty, dispelling the notion that the powers that be dole out looks and smarts in fair proportions. Ian has this thick mane of auburn that people like to paw through. Me, I got this frizzy red crap that's a real pain. I usually have to wear it off my face, especially when I'm working.

But back to Ian. I usually end up on my knees praying for Ian because he has this knack for finding trouble. I want somebody to stop him from getting into such messes. I want him to be kept safe. But it's my doom to stand, one day, still alive, heart pounding in my chest, over a grave of rough stones piled in ways humans have forgotten, and hear songs for him in a tongue I can't comprehend by mourners I can't see. Ian won't let me save him, either. My penance is to endure here while he passes on to a place I'll never know. I'm likely to see old age and grandchildren, while Ian's chances for seeing his fourth decade seem slimmer every day. He was born of the spirit of Gaia; he embodies her essence in his blood, and her soul is his. That wild part of him, the part I can't know, is Garou - balance between the world of humans and the world of wolf. He lives in both places. Me, I'm stuck here with all the regular types. Well, mostly regular.

When I was pretty young, Ian, me and our folks were in a bad car wreck. I came to, I remember, from a nightmare about being chased, afraid of being all alone in the damp, cold dark. But I wasn't. It sounds weird, and maybe I was still asleep, but there beside me, not farm from the burning car, was a black wolf with a silver streak down her face. She was there next to me the rest of the night, talking to me, not with words but with dreamsongs that echoed in my mind, songs about the werewolves and their Kinfolk. Ian was a Garou, she told me, a werewolf. I was Kinfolk, related by blood. The black wolf told me I was a gift from Gaia and that my life would be among Kinfolk who could show me my own path. But she also told me never to forget that I share in the Garou heritage and that I have a responsibility to and Gaia and her servers in all things. I nesteled in her soft fur the rest of that bitter night. To this day, I rest well in the darkness only when a warm, furry body lies curled at my feet.

I have normal human fears and frailties, despite my faith. My deepest fear is that I'll fail my friends among the werewolves or, more importantly, Ian. I'm terrified I won't be there when they need me, that I won't be able to give fully of myself to save them when the time comes. And the price of my failure, for them, would be too high. Is is within me to part with this kind of heavy coin?

How can I not?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Part 1 of the story: http://htmlimg4.scribdassets.com/eai194i7rgvpkw0/images/12-13029cf072/000.jpg))
((Part 2 of the story: http://htmlimg2.scribdassets.com/eai194i7rgvpkw0/images/13-b1b36f80a1/000.jpg))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We may well be Kinfolk. But we follow the Litany.

Garou Shall Not Mate with Garou
Combat the Wyrm Wherever It Dwells and Whenever It Breeds
Respect the Territory of Another
Accept an Honorable Surrender
The First Share of the Kill for the Greatest of Station
Submission to Those of Higher Station
Respect for Those beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
Ye Shall Not Eat the Flesh of Humans
The Veil Shall Not Be Lifted
Do Not Suffer Thy People to Tend Thy Sickness
The Leader May Be Challenged at Any Time during Peace
The Leader May Not Be Challenged during Wartime
Ye Shall Take No Action That Causes a Caern to Be Violated

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council] Hierar10

Duke - Chairman of the council and leader of the Kinfolk. Unlike the Kinfolk within the Fegarri Pedia, there is only ever one Duke. - Ferdinand Brixius
((Unless successor is chosen.))

Baron - Co-Chairman of the council and co-leader of the Kinfolk. Responsible for finding Kinfolk who have yet to learn of their life. Unlike the Kinfolk within the Fegarri Pedia, there is only ever one Baron. ((Unless successor is chosen.)) - James Brixius

Shadow Mage - Above the Mage, acts as the 'Judge' there is only ever one Shadow Mage.

Mage - Just like your average member of parliment. Attends meetings, treaty signings, acts as a jury and speaks on behalf of the tribe. They also teach new-found Kinfolk of our ways and of the litany.

Defensor Lumen - A general, and only ever called upon to defeat the Wyrm taint or to defend the council against attacking tribes. Defensor Lumen meaning 'Defender of Light'. - (Named successor to Baron Brixius)

Knight - Effectively a soldier. Defends the Kinfolk and the council against the Wyrm, fights alongside the Duke, Baron an allied-Garou in battle. If a Knight enters battle, they fight honourably and fairly.

Apprentice - Learns from the Knight how to fight in battle, the Knight teaches the Apprentice how to fight honourably, and how to respect your opponent, even if there is hatred. The Knight also teaches the Apprentice how to craft weaponary, which the Apprentice then does so for the Knight. Apprentices may also be called to battle in times of grave need. - Ludwig Brixius (Named successor to Duke Brixius)

Last edited by Ferdinand Brixius on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council] Empty Re: Silver Bretheren [Kinfolk Council]

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 am

NOTE: This faction is still going, but is secret.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor_Jankowski Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:02 pm

What's the faction objetive? I like the idea at all... Hopefully we'll get some RP's IG (Not much friendly though)
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Victor_Jankowski wrote:What's the faction objetive? I like the idea at all... Hopefully we'll get some RP's IG (Not much friendly though)

You won't get any, its a secret faction. And the objective is to mainly keep a watch on the society involving Garou and Kinfolk. Kinda like an underground political party. And sort of like the Volturi of Kinfolk.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor_Jankowski Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Alright then. Good luck with the faction.
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Victor_Jankowski wrote:Alright then. Good luck with the faction.

Thanks.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Kakolav Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:18 pm

This faction looks good.
Music is good.
Hope it runs well.
Also nice name
Mike Kakolav
Mike Kakolav
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : Hey you yeah you not you yeah you

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:29 pm

TL;DR, so I dunno what's our cover... But since you own a church, we could be priests? It's quite interesting to RP.

Oh, and here:
https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t6014-church-interior

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:15 am

Nero McKay wrote:TL;DR, so I dunno what's our cover... But since you own a church, we could be priests? It's quite interesting to RP.

Oh, and here:
https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t6014-church-interior

Yeah, priests is our cover Razz
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:02 am

UPDATED:

Max left as he CK'ed. James has taken his place.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down