VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships]

4 posters

Go down

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships] Empty Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships]

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:28 am

Introductory

Kinfolk wear lots of hats. They can be an ally, relative, friend, partner, breeding toys, caretakers or even an innocent pawn, unwittingly tricked into doing something.
Their treatment may differ widely, accordingly in a tribe and sept. The most gentle, loving, caring and unbiased Garou wouldn't see his relative as equals, a Garou may sacrifice his own life in return for that of his Kinfolk relatives, but it is often the case that it is the Kinfolk, that sacrifice themselves.

Relationship with Garou (in detail)

Garou have a LOT of pride, and so think of themselves the superior race. They tend to treat their Kinfolk bretheren as if they are nothing, Kinfolk are not given ranks but they
gain respect from Garou, though the Garou may still think they are superior. The personality of Kinfolk would change upon them becoming Garou, the power and knowledge
would get to their heads and change them for the worse, they will begin to think like their Garou bretheren; that they are superior, nothing can stop them and that they are above the Wyrm.

They are considered family to Garou, but are considered lesser than them, and so are brushed aside for certain quests that the Garou see as easy, and they are forced to step up when a Garou deems a duty not necessary or hard.

If a Garou asks a Kinfolk for help, we must do so, there are no ifs, no buts if you fail to do so you risk being exiled, abandoned or taken before the pack judge. Garou expect Kinfolk to give 100% all the time, self-sacrifice is necessary 24/7.

Inter-racial marriage

Garou think it honourable to rejoice in the coupling of a Kinfolk and Garou. To some its formal, to others its an affirmation of union. In Garou society, the whole pack/tribe witnesses the union of such.

Knowledge & Outlook of Kinfolk

The Kinfolk are priveledged to have such knowledge of the Garou world and Gaia, Kinfolk are entrusted with this knowledge and so follow 'The Litany' to keep this knowledge safe.
They are considered family by most Garou, but are also considered the inferior/lesser race, and so Kinfolk live a bitter life of self-hatred, self-conciousness and such.

Some Kinfolk are priveledged to learn the Garou language, for instance they could be bought up in a Garou society (just like a Lupus) only learning their language and later learning another as a secondary language.

Information on Kinfolk within tribes/packs

Silver Fangs:

They are effectively the 'Ventrue' of Garou packs, blue-blooded, political and incredibly proud of their royal heritage

Uktena:

The Kinfolk of Uktena are very loyal to the land, and strive to preserve its wealth and beauty, they despise the Europeans for taking away the homes and livelihoods of others.

Star-gazers:

They are extremely proud of the bond they have with Kinfolk and Garou, they enlighten the Kinfolk with their ways and knowledge.

Croatan:

Native American Garou and Kinfolk who perished in an honourable battle against the Wyrm. Their orphaned youngsters were adopted by the Uktena and Wendigo tribes, many of whom died from diseases and war with the Wyrmbringers.

Wendigo:

The Kinfolk of Wendigo are the last of the pure-breds, they strive to overcome the Wyrmbringers. They consider themselves 'brothers' of the Croatan.

Powers

Kinfolk Gifts:

Certain Kinfolk can posses and use Garou Gifts, but a number of restrictions apply.

The Learning:

First of all, the Kinfolk who wants to learn a Gift needs to find a teacher.
Most often, such instruction is obtained from some kind of spirit.
But how does the Kinfolk contact the spirit? She/he may take a case to the local 'Theurge' to summon a spirit for his/her lesson by presenting evidence for his/her need for the Gift, his/her accomplishments for the tribe/pack and so on.
If the 'Theurge' is willing and able (and a compelling reason must be present), he/she can then attempt to call the spirit forth. The pupil must negotiate with the spirit also, usually through an interpreter with Spirit Speech. The 'Theurge' most like refrains from intervening himself, unless a threat to the sept is present.
For reasons all their own, spirits sometimes contact Kinfolk without a 'Theurge's' summons. Perhaps the Kinfolk has performed a task that pleased or served the spirit: it may want to reward him/her by teaching a Gift. Although Kinfolk cannot learn a Gift as quickly as Garou can, a spirit can still teach a Kinfolk its Gift in a matter of hours.

Less likely, a Garou might be willing to teach his/her Kinfolk a Gift. Again, the hopeful student must take his/her plea for help; chances are, the Garou asks him/her to perform a task or somehow defeat him/her in a contest. If he/she's successful, the education process begins, and it's a long one. The Kinfolk must practice the execution of the Gift over and over and over, ad nauseam.
The best he/she might hope for is to be able to perform the Gift after a matter of months.

Gnosis:

Kinfolks do not posses Gnosis. Which restricts the Gifts they may learn. Gifts such as Blur of the Milky Eye, Lambent Flame or The Falling Touch do not require the use of Gnosis, Kinfolk naturally learn these Gifts commonly (if they learn any). Kinfolk fortunate enough to posses Gnosis have extended options, they have the potential to learn ANY level one Gifts, but ones that cost Rage or need Rage rolls wether it require these Gifts require Gnosis or not, are restricted.

Original Kinfolk Gifts:

Eye's Touch (Level One) - This Gift allows the Kinfolk to soothe the wounds of other humans or animals through his/her touch.

Dona Nobis Pacem (Level One) - The Kinfolk is able to maintain an aura of peace over his/herself and anyone she/he touches.

Echoes (Level One) - A Kinfolk uses this Gift to hear the "echoes" of earlier conversation in an empty room.

When Kinfolk become Garou

Kinfolk are HUMANS, but, on a very VERY rare occasion, Kinfolk could lead a normal life being what we call "late bloomers", the usual age of shifting into Garou is around 16, for instance:

Ferdinand Brixius is 22, he's lived his whole life thinking he was Kinfolk. 90% of the time, this is true, but one day during a fight, Ferdinand randomly shifts into Glabros form, he finds out he is a "late bloomer" and has all along been a Garou.

Terminology

Fellowship:

Kinfolk may bring together other Kinfolk to form an alliance for a purpose or goal, such as genealogy or communication.

Nanna:

Kinfolk who care for Garou pups.

Stud:

A male member of the Kinfolk society, considered only a breeding toy; this is also a derogatory term.

Mare:

The feminine version of a 'Stud'.

Credit goes to Kevin for giving me the link to the story, of which which this is based upon.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships] Empty Re: Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships]

Post by Max Woods Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 am

Nice dude read it all, I guess I'll RP with you the council since 'someone' cant RP mature.

Last edited by Max Woods on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships] Empty Re: Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships]

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks, and lol.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Akimoto Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 am

Max Woods wrote:Nice dude read it all, I guess I'll RP with you the council since 'someone' cant RP mature.

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships] Facebook_like_icon

Did someone say mature? Very Happy

Anyway, I like the guides but I wish that I am a werewolf. Anyway, it is still nice. Smile
Raiden Akimoto
Raiden Akimoto
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Fap fap fap, who fap? Shlick shlick shlick who shlick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:42 am

Raiden Dragneel wrote:
Max Woods wrote:Nice dude read it all, I guess I'll RP with you the council since 'someone' cant RP mature.

Kinfolk Guide [Powers, Terminology, Introductory, Knowledge, Outlook, Relationships] Facebook_like_icon

Anyway, I like the guides but I wish that I am a werewolf. Anyway, it is still nice. Smile

We are not werewolves. You have clearly not read the guide.

Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Raiden Dragneel wrote:

[img]

[img]

We are humans that know of the Garou society... Or something like that.

Also, people that want to be kinfolks have to first apply for werewolf and they'll become Kinfolk ICly and know about it, then later on if you do well you'll be chosen to become a garou.. or maybe not?
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Max Woods wrote:
Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Raiden Dragneel wrote:

[img]

[img]

We are humans that know of the Garou society... Or something like that.

Also, people that want to be kinfolks have to first apply for werewolf and they'll become Kinfolk ICly and know about it, then later on if you do well you'll be chosen to become a garou.. or maybe not?

We are actually humans that have the Garou gene, it is dormant in our DNA. You can live your entire life thinking that you are Kinfolk then BAM, you'll not know about it, you'll shift into form and find out that you're actually a late bloomer.

And no, you do NOT apply. Becoming Kinfolk is 'genetic', you must be related to one or more Garou.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

So, Annabelle's father was garou, she a kinfolk?

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Jericho Phelps wrote:So, Annabelle's father was garou, she a kinfolk?

Yeah, you got it. That's how it works. Especially if its direct like that.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:40 pm

[quote="Ferdinand Brixius"]
Max Woods wrote:
Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Raiden Dragneel wrote:

[img]

[img]

We are actually humans that have the Garou gene, it is dormant in our DNA. You can live your entire life thinking that you are Kinfolk then BAM, you'll not know about it, you'll shift into form and find out that you're actually a late bloomer.

And no, you do NOT apply. Becoming Kinfolk is 'genetic', you must be related to one or more Garou.

You didnt get my point about applying. We cannot just randomly 'lolchoose' kinfolks. They first have to apply for a werewolf so they can be allowed to RP a Kinfolk as far as I'm concerned...
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 pm

[quote="Max Woods"]
Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Max Woods wrote:
Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Raiden Dragneel wrote:

[img]

[img]

You didnt get my point about applying. We cannot just randomly 'lolchoose' kinfolks. They first have to apply for a werewolf so they can be allowed to RP a Kinfolk as far as I'm concerned...

I get your point, but it doesn't work like that.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

I expect all Kinfolk to read this, or get PK'ed.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down