VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves

4 posters

Go down

Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves  Empty Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves

Post by Ellie_Three Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:22 pm

In order to save space I am going to be placing multiple suggestions in the same thread. However to start out with I would like to go ahead and start with my suggestions for the werewolf race. If you like some parts of my suggestion and dislike others feel free to post your opinions on them.

Before I begin I would just like to start off by saying that I in no way am downing nor insulting the current features and system of this server. I understand that different people have different ways of doing things and I respect that. With that being said I just want to be clear on my intentions. I am not seeking to push my will or opinions on everyone else, I simply offer them for the sake of progression. I am a very passionate werewolf roleplayer and so my ideas are simply that, My ideas. In other words "I mean no harm nor disrespect"

First of the things that I would like to touch on is the distinction between werewolves and vampires. From what I can tell there was not original werewolves, I am assuming someone suggested it or it was simply added at a later date. Problem is, I feel as though werewolves are not in themselves valuable. They appear to be the exact same thing as vampires except they have the limitations of only being effective while in werewolf form. Here are my suggestions to fix this.

Vampire/Werewolf Jump-
Currently they both follow some sort of rule to determine the jump height and distance which is defined by there skill level. For the sake of example let us assume that it is Skill level X2 = Jump height. Change the werewolf jump to Skill level X2. Now you might be thinking that this is unfair. Well to balance things I would also change the cool downs. Currently the jump cool down is 8 - Jump Ability. Increase the werewolf cool down to 12 - Jump Ability.

What does this mean for werewolves - If done this way then Werewolves will have the advantage of being the more physically powerful race. Allowing them to jump higher/further. However they have the drawback of having to be in werewolf form as well as having a longer cool down time.

What does this mean for Vampires - If done this way then Vampires will have the advantage of being the overall faster race. Although they can not jump as high or as far, their cool down is much lower and they do not need to change forms to do so.

By doing this you will have a complete balance between the races. Lets say for example a chase were to occur. The werewolf would have the advantage of jumping higher/further while the vampire has the advantage of simply being faster. IE - Vamps are better at running, Werewolves are better at climbing.

Werewolf Skins -

From what I can tell one of the issues we are currently facing is how to tell the difference between werewolves in human form, and werewolves in wolf form. I have a proposed solution for that as well. Why not simply set aside two to three skins to be universally considered werewolf skins. Upon using the /cmd to change forms the players skill will auto set to this werewolf skin as well as send them into a short animation. (Such as a sick animation of some kind to represent them changing). Doing so will allow use to the werewolf abilities as well as change their skin to the werewolf skin we have set.

And it gets better...

I have located a mod pack which will replace the three grove street family skins with a werewolf skin. So by using these skins as the default werewolf. You will actually have a werewolf skin. This is great for rp because now that the person actually "looks" like a werewolf, one would need to be more careful about when and where they transform. We would start seeing people that turn into werewolves actually trying to avoid walking around on the main streets. Instead they would use ally ways and roof tops to travel while in their werewolf form.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have the download link for the werewolf skins as well as a full guide as to how to get them installed into your game. If this mod was placed on the home page somewhere and everyone downloaded it we could actually have a server were werewolves actually LOOK like werewolves when they transform.

And, even if someone does not get the downloaded skins, at least they can tell when someone is in were form since the grove street skins will be considered werewolf mode.

In any case, these are the suggestions I have for now, I hope that you guys like them and I look forward to your responses.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves  Empty Re: Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves

Post by Kay Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Support the Jumping and speeding thing
Also 250% Support For the skin thing , if it would be possible to replace it so everybody without mod would see ppl getting lycans it would be awesome and very rply
Kay
Kay
Cake
Cake

Back to top Go down

Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves  Empty Re: Ele's Suggestion Thread - Werewolves

Post by Ellie_Three Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Well with SA-MP it is (to my knowledge) impossible to make skin edits universal for everyone. The only way to ensure that everyone sees the werewolfs as they should be seen would be to list it somewhere public and advice everyone to download it. MTA Which is another program like SA-MP does allow for universal modding however this is not something that most players like because some peoples computers simply cant handle mods in their games. So forcing it upon players is not really a good idea, however strongly recommended it is better.

Other than that, the only thing that I would like to see is more things to do. Like jobs, drug dealing and smuggling etc. But im sure those will be added eventually. Currently when I go in game all I see is people jumping on roof tops back and forth, and lurking around the same ally way. I was planing on sticking around till my level was a bit higher and trying to become a werewolf and move away from the same old. Lets hang in this ally, lets jump across this roof to the other one, and the Oh lets fight really quick for no reason lol.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Veatress Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Ahhh, I remember tha mod when i was 10 IRL
Edward Veatress
Edward Veatress
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah we have the werewolf skin ID which is 0. Currently,I my gang uses all of the Grove Street skins. Maybe is someone could alter this mod to replace a different skin, we could use it.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_Three Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I should be able to do that. A simple reedit of another skin should do it considering that this is a full body skin mod and as such does not really need to fit any spacific skin to work. I would imagine that the only reason that the grove street FAM1-3 was used in the first place was because this mod was designed for single player.

If it came down to it I would be more than happy to redo this mod for another set of skins.
Ellie_Three
Ellie_Three
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks, it would be terrible to see this gang go.
But, this is a very good find. I was searching for a wolf skin mod the other day, I couldn't find any "free ones" or ones I could get without doing some survey shaz.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down