VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf/Vampire suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Wolf/Vampire suggestion Empty Wolf/Vampire suggestion

Post by Kevin Alymer Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 am

First of all, I want to start with a clarification for being vampires and wolves, being harmed by silver. If you're attacked lightly with an object of silver, it would be kind of out of control if we instantly die. More and more people can find out about silver harming vampires/wolves. If silver in any way instantly kills both creatures, can we just make it so that it instantly kills us if it's somehow a grave wound. Like for example if you're stabbed by it, lightly, with a kitchen knife for example in the shoulder or leg, you can be heavily injured due to blood contact with silver but also be able to recover with treatment even though it can have concenquences like being paralyzed for a while etc etc. Being killed instantly with sliver, can be kind of overpowering and can get out of hand. Same goes with fire.

Another suggestion is about wolves. Wolves in human form should be able to at least have some of the abilities, but at a lower level. Like some abilities like sniff(I know already suggested), Endurance(Maximum level of 1) since the body should be stronger to undergo transformation, and maybe strength/speed/jump at maximum level of one. The reason I suggest this is because, wolves, should icly have a stronger body to resist transformation, they need a way to try and escape a situation without shifting in front of everyone. It's kind of weird how vampires can smell wolves, and we can't. Wolves become an easy target.

And also adding, a /me command for werewolf abilities would help the roleplay part.

I don't mind the human form either with no abilities, this suggestion started more as of clarifying the weaknesses, stated by the guide in the tutorial section.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Wolf/Vampire suggestion Empty Re: Wolf/Vampire suggestion

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Kevin wrote:First of all, I want to start with a clarification for being vampires and wolves, being harmed by silver. If you're attacked lightly with an object of silver, it would be kind of out of control if we instantly die. More and more people can find out about silver harming vampires/wolves. If silver in any way instantly kills both creatures, can we just make it so that it instantly kills us if it's somehow a grave wound. Like for example if you're stabbed by it, lightly, with a kitchen knife for example in the shoulder or leg, you can be heavily injured due to blood contact with silver but also be able to recover with treatment even though it can have concenquences like being paralyzed for a while etc etc. Being killed instantly with sliver, can be kind of overpowering and can get out of hand. Same goes with fire.

Another suggestion is about wolves. Wolves in human form should be able to at least have some of the abilities, but at a lower level. Like some abilities like sniff(I know already suggested), Endurance(Maximum level of 1) since the body should be stronger to undergo transformation, and maybe strength/speed/jump at maximum level of one. The reason I suggest this is because, wolves, should icly have a stronger body to resist transformation, they need a way to try and escape a situation without shifting in front of everyone. It's kind of weird how vampires can smell wolves, and we can't. Wolves become an easy target.

And also adding, a /me command for werewolf abilities would help the roleplay part.

I don't mind the human form either with no abilities, this suggestion started more as of clarifying the weaknesses, stated by the guide in the tutorial section.
-I hate people carrying silver swords. Silver is easily broken, so it's stupid for it to make a critical damage, it's like using a stake or using garlic against Vampires.
Use something realistic like Wolves Bane, being if your char is some scientist. I don't want to see gangs or Lasombra taking wolves banes around them.

-Fire should kill both humans and vampires in the same time. It would kill wolves quicker because of their fur that is slightly more suspectible to skin to catching fire.

-I agree with wolves using the sniff in human form. However, I do not agree with endurance. A total pipsqueak like Katrisha could become a wolf.
However, we should stop the "Wolves VS Vampires" as it's just a petty reason to DM. That is usually the case of a lot of RP screwups. People get agitated when they are being killed when they have done nothing to deserve it, which causes problems in Roleplay such as Powergaming and refusal to roleplay, because they do not want to fight just because they exsist, like on DeathMatch Servers.

-/me command for wolf? Yes.

-Coming to think of it, vampires being able to smell out wolves in human form and then attacking them IN HUMAN FORM is only Deathmatch using /me's and /do's. Something should be done to stop this, such as a rule or other means.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah, How Vampires can Smell Wolves in Human form is Annoying, It should be made so they can only smell Wolves that are actually in Wolf Form. As all they are is a Human who turns into a Wolf, they would smell of Human in "Human Form" Hence the Word Human in it. It would stop a lot of RP DM and will make it more Realistic to be Honest.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Tue May 17, 2011 9:01 pm

A stake is a fine weapon against a vampire. Providing you can catch them unawares and stick it through their heart, as this will instantly paralyse them until the stake is removed

Once again. I have many vampire related roleplay books in .pdf format, and am willing to send them (via xfire/skype) to anyone who can be bothered to read them.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Walker wrote:Yeah, How Vampires can Smell Wolves in Human form is Annoying, It should be made so they can only smell Wolves that are actually in Wolf Form. As all they are is a Human who turns into a Wolf, they would smell of Human in "Human Form" Hence the Word Human in it. It would stop a lot of RP DM and will make it more Realistic to be Honest.

Yeah, and the "you can't remove the smell of a wolf" in human form is purely unrealistic. People get that distinctive "stinky" smell from having bacteria on their skin due to not washing it off with a shower. If people have a shower, it should keep them from any smell of being a wolf.
Science.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: As for the stake, it was removed from the Server's roleplay world. Stakes are not vampires weakness anymore, so as to MAKE THEM MORE OVER POWERED. [sarcasam]Perfect sense, because we want to stop the vampires that make some sense, which is having weaknesses like getting sunburn easily or something and not liking garlic and shiz (SINCE ITS A CURSE, YA KNOW?) but with some magical abilities, and instead turn them into strong sparkling flying vampires like in Twilight, don't we?[/sarcasam]

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 am

For silver, I agree to it but not if it is really overpowered.

What I suggest that, a normal stab to a leg, shloulder, arm would really injure a wolf/vampire but not kill them, but cause things like getting very weak or paralyzed for a day. And also it should be a weapon only known rarely as the ancestors clearly wouldn't want it to be spread to untrusted vampires/wolves. Same with wolf bane, wolves wouldn't let anyone find out about that, and same with wolves bane. So everyone needs a really good reason to be knowing about it and should icly use it rarely carefully and secretly. There is no IC reason to be told to every vampire/wolf, because no one wants to really risk to tell a random vampire/wolf what can kill them themselves. And whoever does know and uses it publicly should be hunted down.

Silver bullet for example would damage us more than a usual bullet, much more but it would not be as fun if it would happen instantly with no chance of survival.

As for sniff, it's good as it is for vampires, they can sniff us and recognize us. But also wolves having it wouldn't be bad, I mean, would give wolves a chance to actually know what is going on. Else we can't do a thing about it. And also, if you sniff you can sniff the wolf scent, which can be obviously different of that of humans. It's not bad the way it is. It gives more chance to have funner roleplays. (Note that dming a person just for who it is doesn't really make much sense.)

As for endurance, I don't really mind, just sometimes we shouldn't go all shift if our life is risked, but instead get out of a situation, with those advantages(Also note we loose weapons when we shift. Like guns etc.). But human form is interesting and fun too, and no need to really change it either.

Killing a wolf because he/she is a wolf or same with a vampire, as race anger, is not really a good reason to hunt. You can risk your own race by doing so because you don't know who you're attacking. Plus also fear should be considered, I mean, each race is balanced out and can be really risky and have a chance to kill you so hunting him/her for no reason would be so not worth it.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down