VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove the werewolves, or change the system.

+13
Aaron_Lee
ArielV
Samara
Matthew Reget
Chris_Bell
Dominique LaRue
Nazz
Peter Greenson
Tyler Reese
Kevin Alymer
Simon Bourne
Nicolas Djordjevic
Sonerin
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Remove the werewolves, or change the system. Empty Remove the werewolves, or change the system.

Post by Sonerin Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:52 pm

When I first joined the server, the "Vampires and Humans roleplay" really attracted me. I thought it was a server of a regular life, but some vampires creeping around.

I had a huge disappointment when it was only a server of CJ's running around, parkouring on the buildings, attacking humans when they feel like. I don't even see any vampire roleplayers at all. I just realised that it was only a server for vampires and humans back a few months ago.

The thing is, wolves can't roleplay at all. I find it extremely unrealistic for wolves to come down to a populated town, and do whatever they want to do. The police would not even let the wolves to fuck around the town on their own. Let's see;

- Wolves react to people when they speak to them.
- Wolves do humanic things.
- Wolves are oversized.
- Wolves come down to a populated town.
- They are overpowered.
- They try to bottle up attention infront of the bank.

I really don't think that this is the correct way to roleplay a wolf. The players of VH:RP can't roleplay a wolf. Do you know why? It's not something to roleplay. It is like trying to roleplay a damn shark. You can't really control the feelings of a wolf. But people who roleplay them do things that a wolf wouldn't do.

Let me get to the second part. If we are going to stick with the werewolf system, then change it. Werewolves can only transform into their werewolf forms. The giant, unhuman, destructive forms. Not the puppy "tame wolf ^^ x-D" type. However, I still think that we should get rid of the werewolves once and for all.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Remove the werewolves, or change the system. Empty Re: Remove the werewolves, or change the system.

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Well.

A lot of people will complain about this, I mean. Whole Fegarri...

And other werewolves..

Basically, removing werewolves now is kinda too late now.. BUUUUT...

Vampires and Humans RP is just.. Wrong name for the server.

I THINK the name should be changed.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Remove the werewolves, or change the system. Empty Re: Remove the werewolves, or change the system.

Post by Sonerin Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Nicolas wrote:Well.

And other werewolves..

No, I think the wolves should be removed. And no, it's not too late.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 am

Sonerin wrote:
Nicolas wrote:Well.

And other werewolves..

No, I think the wolves should be removed. And no, it's not too late.

Hey, in a world where Vampires and Humans live togheter, and neo-nazi kids run around with an armory under their clothes, Wolves can feel free to walk in town.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am

Werewolves should be roleplayed right, so they can actually be a good addition to the server. We simply need to get rid to whoever doesn't RP them right. I made some guide about it, but it's being processed. Organized etc.

But here's the thing, they're larger and suspicious looking if looked at closely therefore they can't just go around run like tame wolvies and not be noticed.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 am

RomeKovz wrote:

Hey, in a world where Vampires and Humans live togheter, and neo-nazi kids run around with an armory under their clothes, Wolves can feel free to walk in town.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kevin wrote:Werewolves should be roleplayed right, so they can actually be a good addition to the server. We simply need to get rid to whoever
doesn't RP them right. I made some guide about it, but it's being processed. Organized etc.

But here's the thing, they're larger and suspicious looking if looked at closely therefore they can't just go around run like tame wolvies and not be noticed.

Keep wolves out of towns unless they have a proper reason to come here (they woud most likely get shot down by the townsfolk, or the police). And no more wolf forms. Either werewolf, or human. That's it. Then I am totally fine with the wolf system.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

Sonerin wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kevin wrote:Werewolves should be roleplayed right, so they can actually be a good addition to the server. We simply need to get rid to whoever
doesn't RP them right. I made some guide about it, but it's being processed. Organized etc.

Keep wolves out of towns unless they have a proper reason to come here (they woud most likely get shot down by the townsfolk, or the police). And no more wolf forms. Either werewolf, or human. That's it. Then I am totally fine with the wolf system.

Derp, Werewolf implies the Human side.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Reese Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 am

Totally agreed,once i insulted a wolf and he was like /me barks loudly lmfao.
the interesting thing that wolves can PARKOUR here! xD they jump from building to building and they are like total humans!
Tyler Reese
Tyler Reese
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:42 am

Webster wrote:Totally agreed,once i insulted a wolf and he was like /me barks loudly lmfao.
the interesting thing that wolves can PARKOUR here! xD they jump from building to building and they are like total humans!

The /me barks thing is automatic, you need to be a Werewolf to understand it.

On Topic: If you're going to remove the Werewolves, remove ALL the Roleplays that they were involved in.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:43 am

Oh great. More people against the tame wolves.

When I first applied for a werewolf, my original idea was to be a werewolf with contradicting emotions. A werewolf who doesn't want to be a wolf. One who doesn't want to actually be a wolf, but can't do anything about it, and has to dealwithit.jpg. Rather dramatic if you ask me.

Of course I then extended it that she(The werewolf) wanted to be accepted by people, and thus "Tame Wolfie" was created. Problem was that other people looked against this domestic behavior and did a big waa waa against it. Other people loved the idea and followed my "Tame Wolfie" without the actual reasons behind it, thus rapidly causing raising popularity against the "Tame Wolves".

Yeah, basically, people don't like drama in this server. They want action, they want necks being torn apart and humans being cut from every possible angle, something that I happen to loathe a lot.

On closing, I expected this, and I don't want to lose my Tame Wolfie. Even when I do leave, that Tame Wolfie idea will stay with me for other stories I'll make, because it's a story in itself. A werewolf who wants to be accepted by others. Which opens up pretty much a lot of passion and trust stories.

Yah, you guys like to rambo and shit. But I'm keeping to my cutey cutey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Reese Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:55 am

I support this suggestion.
Tyler Reese
Tyler Reese
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:20 am

There is a saved version of the main source from before the auto house we'll system was created and the wolves were scripted. It would mean that there would be more bugs but that is the easy option to wipe werewolves.
I'm gonna make it a poll.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am

人 wrote:
I'm gonna make it a poll.

No don't make a poll, you'll see that after you remove the Werewolves people are going to start to complain on how much they will miss them, and OFC, the only people that complains about 'em never saw the original wolves.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 am

That is a given. However, server name ain't getting changed to accommodate wolves anytime soon sooo.... I don't think that.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 am

I remember when there were no wolves.

I liked it. And now when I see a wolf wandering around town everyday, I think "I wish I could PK that moron."

You know who you are...
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 am

Nazz wrote:I remember when there were no wolves.

I liked it. And now when I see a wolf wandering around town everyday, I think "I wish I could PK that moron."

You know who you are...

Right, because most of the vampires go around like "Hurr i haz big katana and red eyes and i obviously look like a vampire", you really need to act like normal people...

Yes, and i'm talking about you Josh Woods...
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 am

RomeKovz wrote:
Nazz wrote:I remember when there were no wolves.

You know who you are...

Right, because most of the vampires go around like "Hurr i haz big katana and red eyes and i obviously look like a vampire", you really need to act like normal people...

Yes, and i'm talking about you Josh Woods...

I'd love to PK those kinds of kiddies too, don't worry. I only long for an all-around good server with a well-managed and unique race system like we always used to be able to have...
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:06 am

I roleplay a werewolf and I support getting rid of werewolves. They're pointless. Of the two dozen or so werewolf characters, only three or four of them are properly roleplayed or respectable in any sense of the word. I'd rather there just be two vampire groups rather than one werewolf and one vampire. Werewolves really have no purpose and the server would not be missing out anything without them. I'm sorry to say this for people like Kevin who take their role seriously, do the research, put in the extra time to educate others- but the shit RPers ruin it for the rest of us.

We'd tried to settle this amiably, but the only thing to do now is just descript them. There's really no point keeping them around- seeing CJs running around parkouring on top of the bank and then attacking people randomly because they're "hungry" is so boring.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:20 am

To be honest, it's not nice to ruin it for everyone and just descript them. They offer good roleplay if roleplayed properly, I've played one as 1000+ hours to know so. So take it from a guy like me, the race has potential, no need for a poll, keeps me with RP all the time. Kept me for so long. Now, script rule already came in cause of some issues in rps, don't think we should ruin it for everyone just because of some non rpers. I'd rather go for a race reset, cut the donation to become a werewolf stuff, rather than descript it.

Also kind of not fair to who takes it seriously and has been one for so long and keeps enjoying it. Conspirator being tame was overused they hanged out in public.

I'll have to organize my guide myself, on friday.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 am

Indeed, it's not fair- which is why in the poll that Peter made, I voted for Option 2- only allowing management-approved people into the race and keeping it highly exclusive. It's not fair to descript it, sure, but it's not fair that players have to deal with such childish RP from those "trusted" to be werewolves. The RP I've seen has been ridiculous and, to be honest, besides Kevin I cannot really name a werewolf who I think consistently does a good job.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris_Bell Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:28 am

Oh lol lookey here, there is a topic on this that I missed. Okay here's my opinion
Vh is on the long road to turning into an RPG.
-We have lost all the original good players. There are around 5 people who even remember Wolves not existing.
-The whole SD is now filled with wolves
-Eventually there ~will~ be a day where an all out street war dm happens with SD members morphing into wolves attacking random civilizations. And this can all be started with a simple noob who wants to start a riot.
-The average wolf can not role play as one,ever.
-When wolves first came out, the idea of "wolf hunting" was searching through woods, now you just walk out to the bank and there's around 2 24/7.

Just face it, wolves need to go, there's no question. And for most people, the werewolf race is a -huge- turn off for new people.
A new player will log in "Oh kewl vampires" And get mauled by some Cj kid for no reason.

There's my opinion, and I think I speak for most of the server when I say they need to go.
Chris_Bell
Chris_Bell
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I am Sean Bell from the new VHWRP Server(7/14/13)

http://Used to own roflcookies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Reget Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:48 am

Chris_Bell wrote:
Aren't you in SD and aren't you a wolf on your alternate account? Hypocrite much.
-Eventually there ~will~ be a day where an all out street war dm happens with SD members morphing into wolves attacking random civilizations. And this can all be started with a simple noob who wants to start a riot.
There are admins for a reason. And I really, really, really, really, REALLY doubt that this will ever happen to this server.
-The average wolf can not role play as one,ever.
Uh, huh. Well, if they break a rule or do something bad how about taking a few SS's and posting them on the complaints section.
Matthew Reget
Matthew Reget
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 am

Working on a system to generate hunt parties, instead of a lone wolf killing innocent civilians.

Check it out in the Suggestions.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 am

Matt wrote:
Chris_Bell wrote:
Aren't you in SD and aren't you a wolf on your alternate account? Hypocrite much.
-Nothing to say here. :3

Matt wrote:
Chris_Bell wrote:
Eventually there ~will~ be a day where an all out street war dm happens with SD members morphing into wolves attacking random civilizations. And this can all be started with a simple noob who wants to start a riot.
There are admins for a reason. And I really, really, really, really, REALLY doubt that this will ever happen to this server.
Won't happen, if any wolf abuses the power and shifts while on duty, SS it and report, They will be racechanged back.

Matt wrote:
Chris_Bell wrote:
The average wolf can not role play as one,ever.
Uh, huh. Well, if they break a rule or do something bad how about taking a few SS's and posting them on the complaints section.
Same as the above answer, if you catch any wolves breaking the rules and if they get reported more than once for it, they -WILL- be race changed back to human.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 am

In my opinion wolves are like before, they avoid crowds, shift only when really needed, and I've been keeping it that way for a while. How often do you see me shifted. Only in private in an encounter with the supernatural or in a situation it's really needed. I've talked, talked, talked, none listened, some new wolves got in through donation. Now we all loose it, not cool.

It used to be good before, a few wolves, a few vampires.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next