VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name"

3 posters

Go down

To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Empty To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name"

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 am

Recently, the little club of people who don't like me have been trying a new tactic. Since they cannot attack my based on my roleplay or based upon my administration methods, they've decided to google my character's name and are now claiming that I have a "famous real life celebrity's name."

They claim that Dominique LaRue is a famous musician. Well, let's take a look at her, shall we?

822 Followers on Twitter. 24 friends on her music page. 2.7k friends on Facebook. Her youtube videos have anywhere from 600 views to 1500 views at best-- and then that's it on her. Heck, my youtube videos have more views than that and my Facebook had more friends than that- which makes me more of a famous person than that Dominique LaRue. If you scroll down on the Google results, the next "Dominique LaRue" is a completely different person, a model from Houston, Texas. A fat model from Houston, Texas.

Not only that, but this "famous singer" Dominique LaRue doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Even the non-famous spouses of celebrities and their boring-as-hell children have Wikipedia pages. Even my highschool's soccer team had a wikipedia page. In fact, this is the first thing that pops up for Dominique LaRue on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_Nights One of the characters in that movie is named Dominique LaRue.

My character is neither of these two people. My character is one composed of a famous French first name (Dominique) and a popular French surname (LaRue). If this name coincidentally happened to be the same as a truly famous person (and fame is a little more than 2k friends or 1.2k views on your youtube songs)- yes, that would be against the rules. The reason we don't allow names like "Chuck Norris" or "Angelina Jolie" is because those are celebrities which millions and millions of people are familiar with by name alone. I'd be willing to wager everything that none of you knew about that "Dominique LaRue" before googling for her- unless you're one of her 24 friends on her music page that receive updates about her. Rolling Eyes

Though, then again, this isn't too important when you're just trying to be a pest. Razz
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Empty Re: To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name"

Post by Sonerin Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm

To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Z0UVM

Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Empty Re: To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name"

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Sonerin wrote:To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Z0UVM

-saves .gif-

-thumbs up Sonerin-
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:44 am

Seeker wrote:
Sonerin wrote:To the few trying to claim my name is "a famous real name" Z0UVM

-saves .gif-

-thumbs up Sonerin-

I did exactly the same thing, now lolling over the gif. Thanks for amusement!
*silently sings: haters gonna hate, haters gonna hate*
Sorry for offtopic but that was a good one.

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down