VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conflicts (Please read.)

4 posters

Go down

Conflicts (Please read.) Empty Conflicts (Please read.)

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 am

Let this be a reminder to all. This is a gaming community, not a place you can express your conflicts, or cause trouble. The purpose of the server is to entertain players. Due to the conflicts that have occurred, I will myself(Maybe others too.) be taking this issue, more seriously. If you are seen to have a conflict with another player and decide to express it, in an angry way, you will be dealt with, and not be let, to ruin other player's gameplay experience. VHRP should be as successful as it can, and to do so, we need to all work together to achieve it.

From now own, if you have a concern about a player including administrators or, anything else on the server, you can PM me and I will try to solve it. Maybe later on more admins can support me, and if they do so, please do add to this topic. We as an admin team won't hesitate to listen to your concerns. You don't have to follow a template, but please try to put some details in the subject. We'll try to, fix your issue, talk to the other player, or, try to give you a good response, good enough to help you out.

So as a summary I will accept your concerns on pms, I'll be cleaning my inbox soon. Also please take it seriously, no spam.

Note: No complaints where I'll punish players etc. for complaints use the proper topics, this is just for concerns.

Another reminder is that, this roleplay server is not all about violence. There is other things you can do, live a normal life. It's not all about fighting, there's much more to roleplay.

We need your support, to improve the gameplay experience on the server, so we have, a suggestions topic, complaint topics, ect. Also remember, mappings are happening and there's a topic, thanks to Ray(https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t3968-rp-enhancement-ideas-give-your-input) that lets you suggest something we could map to add more roleplay opportunities.

Another reminder is /b chat. Limit it. At maximum, no useless /b chat anymore it will be considered as spam if it has no reason. This will also be taken more seriously. If it's a fight, I will deal with both the players, possibly jail them until they fix their issues. If it's /b chat, in the middle of a RP, trying to whine to cops about being caught, you will also be punished as it will be considered as stalling a roleplay by using /b chat. Same goes when using /b chat in the middle of rps.

I usually warn before I jail, so this is my warning, no excuses.

I myself am an admin in VHRP, and I'm an admin because I want to contribute to this server, because this server is giving me a good roleplay experience too, so I try to enforce the rules and help where I can. I'd like to encourage other players to do the same, because, all of us together can improve this server.

It's time we act like players in a professional RP server, and as mature.

If any admins want to add to this, feel free to do so. Add as in, add your names, to support players, not edit, my text.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Conflicts (Please read.) Empty Re: Conflicts (Please read.)

Post by Terry Winston Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 am

Agree totally with kevin. Wheres the harm in rping a regular guy who pays parking tickets. We always need some conflict but not 24/7 why not try and set up an rp business provinding a service, mayby the admins could help this by adding more purchasable item for instance scripting drugs and other items and we need people running events in the nightclubs you could do competition to draw people in. Start a business and think how would you get it going in real life. Would be nice as a cop to rp normal thing like the odd speeder or a dispute all i seem to do is investigate murders everyday, and im afraid they always end same way me shooting them becuase they resist arrest to the point of trying to kill me.

Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:42 am

Many people have the problem of being forced to see their character in a losing or undermined position, and thus proceed to accuse their IC opponent of OOC rule breaking.

I don't like the idea of many people "RPing to win". Roleplaying isn't about winning. It's about having fun and creating scenes that are interesting and fun to act in through the eyes of someone else: your very own character.

There's no issue if your character does die in an RP anyhow, you are not losing anything. It's not as if once your character is dead you'll never be able to be awesome ever again. It only gives you experience, a lot like making mistakes in the real world. Next time, you may try and have your character avoid such a dangerous situation, or make sure you're much more prepared. All without truly metagaming, of course. Everyone will have their chance to see their character shine how they have hoped them to, but some people need the patience and understanding to know that they aren't an action hero that escapes death at every turn yet.

tl;dr:
please, don't refuse roleplay just because it means bad things for your character.
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm

I agree with Kev here. Its only a game, it wont even remotely affect us In real. We dont need to be so bothered about it.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down