VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Masks (Please Read)

+7
Simon Bourne
Kevin Alymer
Peter Greenson
Terry Winston
Jamie Steel
Ferdinand Brixius
Dominique LaRue
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Empty Regarding Masks (Please Read)

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:05 am

I've been noticing that recently a lot of people have been tossing on masks and roleplaying that their identity is disguised by something silly like sunglasses. A mask is supposed to be roleplayed as a mask (go figure!) or similar because it's supposed to hide the user's identity completely or almost completely. So, no, wearing your hood doesn't make you disguised. These same people think that wearing a pair of sunglasses is enough of a disguise to keep you from being identified by the police. It's not. Frankly, it's non-RP to walk around in a Mask without actually wearing a mask-like object and, news flash, that's not a baseball cap or a pair of shades. Just because you're a Donator does not mean that you have a ticket to have a mask on all the time- the mask item from the 24-7/donator privilege is supposed to be used appropriately, not just for shits n' gigs.

"But Dominique," you will whine, "I don't want people metagaming who I am!" Please! They'll metagame anyway if they want to, in which case you take screenshots and report them. Don't forget, metagaming is heavily against the rules and if people do it, they'll be punished.

"But Dominique," you might say, "My sunglasses hide my eyes and make me impossible to tell apart from me without sunglasses!"

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Will-smith-sunglasses

Who is that in the sunglasses? I cannot tell. Is that... no, it couldn't be Will Smith, I can't tell with the sunglasses on.

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Hoodie-leggings

Man, I just saw Lindsay Lohan a second ago but now all I see is a chick with a hood. Damn. Female_9051_000 right there.

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Orlando-bloom-lax-lad

I wish I could have Orlando Bloom's signature right now, but I'll never find him while he's wearing that scarf. It just conceals all his essential bits of identity.

Regarding Masks (Please Read) 12905889093K3eKv

Fiend. Master of disguise.

How to Properly RP a Mask:

An actual mask. A bandana covering your face (coupled with shades for a perfect look). Ski mask. Panty hose over the head. Gas mask. A rubber face. Be creative.

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Mask

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Bank_robber_

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Joker+bank+robber

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Bandana%20on%20face%20from%20flickr

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Gas-mask2

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Burka_bank_robber

Also, remember. Walking around in a full disguise is probable cause to be searched by a police officer or even to be arrested. Walking into a business in full disguise will likely result in panic. Walking around the country streets in a hockey mask or a clown mask is likely to terrify people. If wearing a disguise is part of your character's Sunday attire, roleplay it realistically. Walking around in front of the bank in a full disguise just because you don't want people to be able to report you or to RP who you are, however, is non-RP.

And, one more thing. If I see people run around, doing shit in a mask, then taking off the mask and claiming that "you can't tell I was masked", I will ajail you for Non-RP/PG. If you don't roleplay changing your clothing, you're a dead ringer for the fool in the mask. If masked guy runs into an alley and comes right back out unmasked, people will assume it's the guy in the mask. People aren't normally morons. Especially if you're running around with two swords on your back and you're a shapely, young, buxom twenty-something super model chick.

/rant.

Last edited by Seeker on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Empty Re: Regarding Masks (Please Read)

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 am

Lindsay Lohan!?!?! /BONER!
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:26 am

Gaia wrote:Lindsay Lohan!?!?! /BONER!
I must admit she used to be a lot hotter before all the drug use. Still wouldn't say no though.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:05 am

Feganator wrote:
I must admit she used to be a lot hotter before all the drug use. Still wouldn't say no though.
She was but jamie i think you would still say yes?

Ow and i agree with dominque From now on i am doing full cavity searches on anyone wearing mask XD but seriously as long as caleb supports this we will just search and unmask anyone just walking round town masked.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:10 am

machete wrote:
Feganator wrote:
She was but jamie i think you would still say yes?

Ow and i agree with dominque From now on i am doing full cavity searches on anyone wearing mask XD but seriously as long as caleb supports this we will just search and unmask anyone just walking round town masked.

I really hope Caleb agrees. I was going to run the idea past him- because you guys technically have the rights to frisk and unmask anyone who is wearing a mask/disguise, as well as to question them. Anyone found in the possession of a mask, too, would be highly suspect- possibly also frisked/questioned. And there are special charges for walking around or into a bank masked- I'll have to look those up later, but it is massively illegal to walk into a bank with a ski mask in America (for obvious reasons).
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:14 am

There is an issue with the burqa however.... Should we just ban it locally in the state? Otherwise I'm calling religion when a cop wants to take my mask off.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 am

Greenson wrote:There is an issue with the burqa however.... Should we just ban it locally in the state? Otherwise I'm calling religion when a cop wants to take my mask off.

Could make for some excellent roleplay!
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 am

Having a mask shouldn't always be the case. Anytime someone can't, recognize you, as in a foggy day, or night, long hair, with sunglasses, and in an alley, or someplace there's no actual, source of light, or in a car with tinted glasses. It's also to avoid metagame in such cases.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:01 am

Kevin wrote:Having a mask shouldn't always be the case. Anytime someone can't, recognize you, as in a foggy day, or night, long hair, with sunglasses, and in an alley, or someplace there's no actual, source of light, or in a car with tinted glasses. It's also to avoid metagame in such cases.

Again, metagame is against the rules and reportable. Foggy days don't make you unrecognizable, neither does night (unless disguised), neither does long hair, neither do sunglasses (as evidenced by my Will Smith picture), nor does an alleyway magically make you more difficult to identify. A lack of light, also, doesn't always mean too much unless it's pitch black- which people around the bank will not find, even in the alley. And as for the car with tinted glass, if you RP'd getting extra-tinted glass and charitying for it, sure- reminder, though, that it is against California road laws to have very tinted windows.

Again: Mask should be when identifying someone is nigh-impossible, not just a little bit difficult.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:04 am

Shame Robin and Batman always got away with it. And as I said, long hair, with sunglasses, in a dark alley, possibly some fog, will make it hard to recognize, unless you're really close. Metagaming is against the rules, but seeing someone's name, makes it hard for them not to metagame.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:05 am

Kevin wrote:Shame Robin and Batman always got away with it. And as I said, long hair, with sunglasses, in a dark alley, possibly some fog, will make it hard to recognize, unless you're really close. Metagaming is against the rules, but seeing someone's name, makes it hard for them not to metagame.

Next up on today's Bank Robber lineup:

Regarding Masks (Please Read) Rbrandlimo052710_01-full

Toss in some fog and it's a job well-done!
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 am

That's not what I meant with long hair. As in long hair, covering your eyes, with black shades.

Fine then, I'll stick with Robin's mask. And put some fake moustache.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am

Kevin wrote:That's not what I meant with long hair. As in long hair, covering your eyes, with black shades.

Fine then, I'll stick with Robin's mask. And put some fake moustache.

Long hair covering your eyes, shades, in a dark alley, in the fog? I'd be less concerned about people recognizing you and be more concerned about being able to see anything or go anywhere.

Robin's mask and a fake mustache works fairly well- though I'm sure an officer might find it odd. Razz
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 am

Kinda not fair cause cops will.

Check these guys

Spoiler:

And not check her.
Spoiler:
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:39 am

To point out Robin- if I knew the actor that played Robin, I would recognize him despite that mask. And that woman is wearing a single tiny strip of cloth- that doesn't even disguise her identity. Put her wearing that mask and her not wearing that mask side by side, they're easily identifiable as the same person. Police would find her easy if, say, she was killing people in front of the bank in that.

Another point is- that's obviously a costume. If some dude is walking around in a big, bulky coat (to contain the weapons they use) and with a large plastic mask or in a skimask, and we're chilling here in essentially Bakersfield California with temperatures of up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit... well, needless to say, it's suspicious.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:46 am

Am i the only silly person that RP's the /mask being a pair of Sunglasses and a black Half Mask?
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:02 am

No sunglasses? Here comes bankruptcy for me... But yeah, other than that, I agree.

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 am

Seriously? If i see someone walking around with even a Pen and using a mask, i'll call 911 on their ass.

"Oh well...just hanging around the bank..using a ski mask under the sunlight, what about you?"

"Oh nothing, just using sunglasses, thinking that people can't see my hair or the rest of head or clothes."
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:29 am

RomeKovz wrote:
"Oh nothing, just using sunglasses, thinking that people can't see my hair or the rest of head or clothes."

Victory.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:45 am

Seeker wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

Victory.

One-Word post! /BAN!

Anyways, there's a hockey mask object... Someone can map it (like /holster) so when you buy a mask in the General Store and /mask, the hockey mask object spawns on your face. Simple solution.

Nero
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:01 am

Nero wrote:
Seeker wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:

Victory.

One-Word post! /BAN!

Anyways, there's a hockey mask object... Someone can map it (like /holster) so when you buy a mask in the General Store and /mask, the hockey mask object spawns on your face. Simple solution.

And that leads to the "OMFGWTFBBQ SERIAL KILLER" type of RP, /mask should be RPed ONLY as "An object that conceals/hides your face/facial details from being recognized by other individuals."

Here's a short list of things that you can RP when using /mask.

Half Mask.
Gas Mask.
Balaclava.
Ski Mask.
Veil.
Hockey Mask.
Helmet w/ Googles.
Helmet w/ Visor.
Bandana.
Rag.
Costume Mask.
Prop Head.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:56 am

Theirs Latex Masks which where allowed before. Only thing is you HAVE to RP Getting them and then also need to /charity for them. Ofc you SS doing all of this. You should maybe add something about them.
Pic:
Regarding Masks (Please Read) Realistic_latex_mask__the_crook

Wearing this with a Hoodie (Covering the Obvious fake hair) Could maybe pass off as a real person, of course thats most likely only in the dark or Fog.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 am

Kevin wrote:That's not what I meant with long hair. As in long hair, covering your eyes, with black shades.

Spoiler:
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Montgomery Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:12 am

Regarding Masks (Please Read) 1826254-red_familiar_fez_large

I want to see someone going around wearing this and calling it a mask!

EDIT:On a serious note, wearing sunglasses won't make your other facial features and hair length unnoticeable. . .
Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:16 am

Walker wrote:Theirs Latex Masks which where allowed before. Only thing is you HAVE to RP Getting them and then also need to /charity for them. Ofc you SS doing all of this. You should maybe add something about them.
Pic:
Regarding Masks (Please Read) Realistic_latex_mask__the_crook

Wearing this with a Hoodie (Covering the Obvious fake hair) Could maybe pass off as a real person, of course thats most likely only in the dark or Fog.

Thats fine however you would need to rp getting that well and there not thing that can just be wacked on or off they take a couple hours to put on you also need a trained make up artist to apply skin. Tone ect, me and my friend considered using one for a video we where doing we decided not to becuase of the length of time and skill needed to make the look real.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next