VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ow no im being arrested.

+13
Marcus Campbell
Kevin Alymer
Nicolas Djordjevic
DeRon Ellis
Samara
ArielV
Bryan_Dan
Jericho Phelps
Dominique LaRue
Matt Mercer
Max Woods
Lloyd McFadden
Terry Winston
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ow no im being arrested. Empty Ow no im being arrested.

Post by Terry Winston Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:38 am

Now a lot of people don't understand how to rp being questioned/arrested so i thought i would give you a bit of help.

When an officer is arresting you dont stand there shouting "what evidence do you have" or "you got no proof" officers can arrest you for pretty much anything becuase theres a thing called probable cause if we suspect you of commiting a crime or being involved we can arrest you to gather evidence. Normally half the people i place under arrest would walk scot free due to lack of evidence but 90% of players decide to resist arrest or become abusive which we then arrest you for resistaning arrest or for swearing which is breach of the peace.

Its quite non rp really to be shouting being abusive and challenging officers, just think would you do it in real life the answer being no. I get people saying there roleplaying a criminal type charcter but enless your a moron you want to just do what police say and comply that way your less likely to get arrest or face charges.

If you being pulled over for driving releated crime its normally just a $60 fine, if you just pull over remain calm and comply you can be on your way however if you decide not to stop you end up getting arrested for evading arrest dangerous driving endagering the public. Or worse you try to shoot the officer for speeding.

All i ask is people do actions wich reflect the situation and rp some fear of being arrested and having fines.

On another note each offence will be 10mins so people need to consider the jail time they will serve if they try to be criminal my advice is be smart be a good criminal and rp well so you don't get caught act natrual and don't arous suspision.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Ow no im being arrested. Empty Re: Ow no im being arrested.

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:34 am

I always thought you where aloud to keep the suspect in for 48 hours while you question them, and if they proved to be guilty you arrested them?
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:39 am

Yer pretty much you basicaly at road side can say they are under arrest you then have 48 hours to prove they need to be sentanced if you have little or no evidrnce you have to realse them. You can however get an extension for certain cases one being the terrorism act, saying that i should really use that more becuase you can stop and search anyone under the terror act you can also detain them for an additinal 48 hours and perform home searches basically terroism act is cops do the fuck anything to prove hes guilty becuase you think he a terroist XD
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 am

Do that! It's damn annoying with the people around town thinking they are invincible.
Just try to request a new rule on admin sec that if people do that then they can be ajailed for IC Jail time. Might solve the issue because thats Non RP To be honest.
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:46 am

Walker wrote:Do that! It's damn annoying with the people around town thinking they are invincible.
Just try to request a new rule on admin sec that if people do that then they can be ajailed for IC Jail time. Might solve the issue because thats Non RP To be honest.
ΒΈ

And also, I have my deagle/taser in my hand and they act rambos; NO! And get in a car and ran the fuck away >_> Seriusly. IRL You'd shitbrix if a cop even calls you on the phone... And yet he has a taser, deagle, mace, baton and you'd act rambo and give yourself extra 10 minutes for nothing? If you want so be my guest >_> It only harms you not us Razz
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:34 pm

I don't have a problem with being arrested on probable cause. it's just fucking annoying when cops really don't have any proof and they arrest you and jail you and fine you, it's a waste of my time just so SD gets paid a bit and the derp cop has something to do.
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Mercer wrote:I don't have a problem with being arrested on probable cause. it's just fucking annoying when cops really don't have any proof and they arrest you and jail you and fine you, it's a waste of my time just so SD gets paid a bit and the derp cop has something to do.

If a cops see's you doing stuff that you should not be doing(Illegal), its enough that he saw you, as he is a LEO. Any additional proof will raise the chance getting you arrested, from 100 Percent to 150 Percent. Just stating a point if a LEO see's you doing that stuff, his word is the law, as the old saying says. Resisting will only result in another warrant for your arrest. That's when the funny part comes in, you get yourself 10 More minutes for arresting and saying: No evidence!
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Screaming WHO WANTS LSD, then having a cop frisk you twice. finding nothing then arresting you.. is not a valid reason to jail you. Yeah thats the first amendment.
true story
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Mercer wrote:Screaming WHO WANTS LSD, then having a cop frisk you twice. finding nothing then arresting you.. is not a valid reason to jail you. Yeah thats the first amendment.
true story

Actually, that's conspiracy to sell drugs if the cop wanted to be technical- or disturbing the peace. The first amendment is the freedom of speech but it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, wake up, news flash. It means you can practice what religion you want, hold what political opinion you want (for the most part), read what kind of books you want- but heck, you can't even post stuff like wikileaks on the internet (they're trying to get that guy shut down and imprisoned for exposing government secrets), you can't publicly joke about doing crimes for the lols (officers will arrest you just for wasting their time, even if it's just 48 hours).

When you're up against a cop who wants to arrest you, your rights mean jack shit because they -will- find a way.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:28 pm

*Have a anarchist character, cops come near, be like "Lol you should arrest me" get 10 mins in jail, still be a moron, but a moron who got arrested properly Very Happy*
( they had a reason to arrest, i just came clean tot hem Very Happy)

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 am

If we are being honest freedom of speach is one of those wishy washy rights the goverment give people to make them feel like they have right when in reality you can be arrested for swear or talking for instance in the uk two guys got 4 years in jail for talking on facebook asking people to riot and the riot didnt even happen. My point being people really have no rightsif your being an ass trying to get around laws by saying freedom of speach etc the police will just pull you up for charges reletaded like disturbing the peace.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 am

Seeker wrote:
Mercer wrote:Screaming WHO WANTS LSD, then having a cop frisk you twice. finding nothing then arresting you.. is not a valid reason to jail you. Yeah thats the first amendment.
true story

Actually, that's conspiracy to sell drugs if the cop wanted to be technical- or disturbing the peace. The first amendment is the freedom of speech but it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, wake up, news flash. It means you can practice what religion you want, hold what political opinion you want (for the most part), read what kind of books you want- but heck, you can't even post stuff like wikileaks on the internet (they're trying to get that guy shut down and imprisoned for exposing government secrets), you can't publicly joke about doing crimes for the lols (officers will arrest you just for wasting their time, even if it's just 48 hours).

When you're up against a cop who wants to arrest you, your rights mean jack shit because they -will- find a way.

Yeah yeah conspiracy to sell,no such thing. it's called INTENT TO SELL.and that comes charged with actual drugs on the person or location IE cocaine 14 + grams 1000ft of a school or public park etc etc. anyway i was frisked , the cop didn't find anything he arrested me and i got around 10 minutes in jail and a fine of what ever it was. on a total bullshit . And yelling things is not distubing the peace. Hell there is no peace in palmino. but a riot or strike. or a nude drunk is disurbing the peace. maybe even constant yelling. not one sentance. so "wake up" and "news flash" if your going to call someone out please do your homework tongue
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 am

In real life when a cop is talking to me I speak politely because I'm scared to be arrested, if you get arrested in real life you can't get a job and you can't do shit with your life, but SOME people swear at cops, hitting them and expect not to be arrested, then whine on /b. I swear if anyone talks to me like that again ICly I'll arrest them, you guys can whine, but if you refuse to RP, you'll be ajailed and that's it.
Bryan_Dan
Bryan_Dan
Human
Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:42 am

Mercer wrote:
Seeker wrote:
true story

Yeah yeah conspiracy to sell,no such thing. it's called INTENT TO SELL.and that comes charged with actual drugs on the person or location IE cocaine 14 + grams 1000ft of a school or public park etc etc. anyway i was frisked , the cop didn't find anything he arrested me and i got around 10 minutes in jail and a fine of what ever it was. on a total bullshit . And yelling things is not distubing the peace. Hell there is no peace in palmino. but a riot or strike. or a nude drunk is disurbing the peace. maybe even constant yelling. not one sentance. so "wake up" and "news flash" if your going to call someone out please do your homework tongue

The only correct thing you said in that whole post is that it's "intent to sell" not "conspiracy to sell." My bad, I used the wrong word because I was so wowed at how absolutely retarded your post was. I did not think that there were people so bullheadedly dumb but I guess I was wrong- if you were to go in the middle of public on a street with pedestrians walking by, get on a soap box and shout out "HEY EVERYONE- WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE SOME LSD" then you'd get arrested. It doesn't matter if you have LSD on you or not because the cops could reasonably assume that you'd be taking these people somewhere else to deal to them.

So, no, sir. Your roleplay is making me, for good reason, believe that you are a complete and total dumb ass. If it wasn't your roleplay, it's your over-excited pseudo-intellectual response in an attempt to be seen as an even half-way competent debater which, sup, you're not. Sucks for you, boy-o. Sad
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 am

Mercer got told by dommy

y does everyone have 2 fite.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:02 am

ArielV wrote:Mercer got told by dommy

y does everyone have 2 fite.

Because this community is filled with idiots.

(Sorry for being blunt. But its the truth.)
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeRon Ellis Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 am

I'm not saying I do, but the server is filled with the resistant type of people. I could just walk up to a random person and tell him, "Your under arrest." They will rage ICly, and eventually do something worth arresting them for. People don't understand that in most cases, an officers can bring you in for questioning or what not, but will not be able to hold you with valid evidence or proof that you've done anything wrong. Note to the RPers: Calm down and talk respectfully to officers that confront you. Otherwise, you'll give them the idea that you've done something or are hiding something and they likely urge you to give them reason to restrain and search you.

DeRon Ellis
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:57 pm

DeRon Ellis wrote:I'm not saying I do, but the server is filled with the resistant type of people. I could just walk up to a random person and tell him, "Your under arrest." They will rage ICly, and eventually do something worth arresting them for. People don't understand that in most cases, an officers can bring you in for questioning or what not, but will not be able to hold you with valid evidence or proof that you've done anything wrong. Note to the RPers: Calm down and talk respectfully to officers that confront you. Otherwise, you'll give them the idea that you've done something or are hiding something and they likely urge you to give them reason to restrain and search you.

This is the point im trying to make, half the people i arrest are only getting arrested because there resisting or getting violent if they just remained calm and came to station for questioning they would be on there way but instead they wan't to get out of it and go WHERES YOUR PROOF NIGGA!!!
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm

true story

Its not a valid reason to arrest him if he does not have LSD, if the police goes to him finding nothing they can fine/jail him for disturbing local peace or wasting police time, as they could be doing bigger cases :I
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Basically, all you gotta do is... not to go Rambo when Cop offers you handcuffs.

I feel great when I go to the bank and pay for the ticket. Why can't everyone else do the same stuff...
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Nicolas wrote:Basically, all you gotta do is... not to go Rambo when Cop offers you handcuffs.

I feel great when I go to the bank and pay for the ticket. Why can't everyone else do the same stuff...

Totaly... Evading will just bring you up more time >_> Is it so hard to just RP like real life, once? C'mon, police only needs to know how you look like, they'll find out: Name, Country, Crimes, Phone, WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST !! Lmao. But seriusly, normaly cop gives a ticket from 50-150$ That's not that much comparing to get ajailed 10 Minutes for one warrant and loose 600$ >_>
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Can you just have a mature conversation for once? This is a DISCUSSION, everyone is free to speak without being offended. If you can't discuss normaly, or be polite then I'll lock this topic. This goes to admins too. None's better.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Well,Seeing as I used to RP a gangster I'll say this,It's pretty obvious police arrest you for doing crimes,No matter the person whines about it,You can report them for refusing.But Please don't take offense from this but I did see a whole bunch of police cars rolling over and officers climbing out and walking away.But I don't know really right now,All I can say is if you hate arrests don't do crimes.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Max Woods Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Nick_Jones wrote:Well,Seeing as I used to RP a gangster I'll say this,It's pretty obvious police arrest you for doing crimes,No matter the person whines about it,You can report them for refusing.But Please don't take offense from this but I did see a whole bunch of police cars rolling over and officers climbing out and walking away.But I don't know really right now,All I can say is if you hate arrests don't do crimes.

Also, no way a cop is going to stay that car and die in it. There's no time to RP it at all since that feature of gta sa is quite non-rp too o.o IRL if a car flips it wont go on in flames, seriusly... I did that one time, got out of the car, ran away, came back where it exploded and RP'd getting out and running away. Fact, we shouldnt RP the blowing up at all, since it does -not- happen in RL >_>
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Ratsmon wrote:
Nick_Jones wrote:Well,Seeing as I used to RP a gangster I'll say this,It's pretty obvious police arrest you for doing crimes,No matter the person whines about it,You can report them for refusing.But Please don't take offense from this but I did see a whole bunch of police cars rolling over and officers climbing out and walking away.But I don't know really right now,All I can say is if you hate arrests don't do crimes.

Also, no way a cop is going to stay that car and die in it. There's no time to RP it at all since that feature of gta sa is quite non-rp too o.o IRL if a car flips it wont go on in flames, seriusly... I did that one time, got out of the car, ran away, came back where it exploded and RP'd getting out and running away. Fact, we shouldnt RP the blowing up at all, since it does -not- happen in RL >_>

no if your car flips or roll you should rp it the only time i would say not to is if the other player is blatently not rping crashes but make sure to report them. even if the car is exploded still rp being in a crashed car and how you gte out etc
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next