VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

+7
Terry Winston
Mike Kakolav
Matthew Reget
Tanya Smith
Kevin Alymer
Aaron_Lee
[Graziano]Adrian
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mixing RP with SCRIPT. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Aaron_Lee Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Outcast wrote:
Aaron_Lee wrote:
Outcast wrote:Script fight should be used all the time in my opinion. Where's the fun in typing a bunch of /me's and do's? Also, to kill someone scriptly, it requries a certain ammount of skill, while roleplaying a "gun-fight" can always be abused to avoid getting shot.

/me and /do = RP server.

Hey, have you ever heard of DM servers where you don't need to use /me's and /do's? It may be more fun for you than staying here.
And no, Noone can dodge a bullet. Not even wolves for as long as your a good shooter. [Weapon skills] ( This is in my opinion)

Don't play smart on me. I remember that with this "roleplay" fighting crap, a shitload of people were "sniping" with /me's and basically powergamed without even /coining it. If you enjoy typing a brick of text on your screen for one stupid action, go for it. But by enforcing this rule, some people may quit and the whole point of ammunition would be gone. And a massive gun-fight? How the hell would that look? A bunch of people standing on the street and spamming /me's. No thank you.

I have a better solution:

In the new SAMP version, it will be possible to detect when player is taking damage and by who. The best solution would be to use skills script-wise and having a pre-defined success rate when shooting.

Ie:

Skill 1 - 25-50%
Skill 2 - 50-75%
Skill 3 - 75-100%

Let's say someone (player A) with a deagle and skill level 1 shoots a player B. When the damage is registered on player B, skill level of player A will be checked and the success rate of skill 1 is between 25-50%. Let's say the script returned that the player A "missed", the health of a player B would be increased for the amount of damage taken. If the script returned that the player A hit the player, nothing would happen and player B would loose the health like in normal GTA. It would be a more fair way to fight and skill levels would be more usefull than there are now, and the posibility to PG and abuse the system would be none.

No I am not playing smart on you I'm just suggesting maybe a DM server would be nice for you and all. First of all it will be rare that a 1 vs 1 fight would be spammed in /me's, Even 2 vs 2. Maybe script fight should be allowed if its a Big Team vs a Big Team. If its a 1 vs 100, No need to script.

And anyway, I do like your idea on the skill Level. Maybe a new command instead of /coin? Because! No matter if your skill 1, skill 2, or skill 3. /coin will still be the same on the user. Maybe /weaponcoin? or /weaponme? Idk some new command will be useful. Or the number of skill level means the number of /coins. Skill Level 3 gets 3 tries to get a heads. 0 means... Well thats a problem. None? Or 1 also? Not sure how to solve that problem. I guess a new command will be more useful.
Aaron_Lee
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Mixing RP with SCRIPT. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing RP with SCRIPT.

Post by Outcast Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Aaron_Lee wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Aaron_Lee wrote:
Outcast wrote:Script fight should be used all the time in my opinion. Where's the fun in typing a bunch of /me's and do's? Also, to kill someone scriptly, it requries a certain ammount of skill, while roleplaying a "gun-fight" can always be abused to avoid getting shot.

/me and /do = RP server.

Hey, have you ever heard of DM servers where you don't need to use /me's and /do's? It may be more fun for you than staying here.
And no, Noone can dodge a bullet. Not even wolves for as long as your a good shooter. [Weapon skills] ( This is in my opinion)

Don't play smart on me. I remember that with this "roleplay" fighting crap, a shitload of people were "sniping" with /me's and basically powergamed without even /coining it. If you enjoy typing a brick of text on your screen for one stupid action, go for it. But by enforcing this rule, some people may quit and the whole point of ammunition would be gone. And a massive gun-fight? How the hell would that look? A bunch of people standing on the street and spamming /me's. No thank you.

I have a better solution:

In the new SAMP version, it will be possible to detect when player is taking damage and by who. The best solution would be to use skills script-wise and having a pre-defined success rate when shooting.

Ie:

Skill 1 - 25-50%
Skill 2 - 50-75%
Skill 3 - 75-100%

Let's say someone (player A) with a deagle and skill level 1 shoots a player B. When the damage is registered on player B, skill level of player A will be checked and the success rate of skill 1 is between 25-50%. Let's say the script returned that the player A "missed", the health of a player B would be increased for the amount of damage taken. If the script returned that the player A hit the player, nothing would happen and player B would loose the health like in normal GTA. It would be a more fair way to fight and skill levels would be more usefull than there are now, and the posibility to PG and abuse the system would be none.

No I am not playing smart on you I'm just suggesting maybe a DM server would be nice for you and all. First of all it will be rare that a 1 vs 1 fight would be spammed in /me's, Even 2 vs 2. Maybe script fight should be allowed if its a Big Team vs a Big Team. If its a 1 vs 100, No need to script.

And anyway, I do like your idea on the skill Level. Maybe a new command instead of /coin? Because! No matter if your skill 1, skill 2, or skill 3. /coin will still be the same on the user. Maybe /weaponcoin? or /weaponme? Idk some new command will be useful. Or the number of skill level means the number of /coins. Skill Level 3 gets 3 tries to get a heads. 0 means... Well thats a problem. None? Or 1 also? Not sure how to solve that problem. I guess a new command will be more useful.

I said a massive gunfight but w/e. My point is, /me fighting is boring not everyone will like that system.

About /weaponcoin, it's not needed. I suggested a script fight where the server, based on your skill level decides if you have hit someone with a bullet or not. If you missed, the health that the victim lost would be given back.
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2