VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubstep.

+4
Jericho Phelps
Peter Greenson
Ferdinand Brixius
Max Woods
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dubstep. Empty Dubstep.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:30 pm

So yuh, I listened to some Dubstep and I was like Mad
So much so that I made a song on how I hated it.

With that out of the way, what do YOU think about Dubstep? Do you like it's new unique style, or do you miss or prefer other styles such as Orchestras and Jazzy music, or maby even rap or Hip Hop?

My opinion? It sucks beach balls. Tunes are and always be music, and will not be replaced with SHIT. Rare(C) FTW!

Back to top Go down

Dubstep. Empty Re: Dubstep.

Post by Max Woods Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Good Singer. LOve Dubstep.
I'll burn you on a bonfire >: )
Max Woods
Max Woods
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Cyborg wrote:Good Singer. LOve Dubstep.
I'll burn you on a bonfire >: )
Oooh! Ooh! Do burn me with a fire-pony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:56 pm

I love dubstep. Hate on it all you want. I don't care. But here's a little education for some people who think 'Skrillex' is dubstep.

What you listen to is NOT dubstep. This is REAL dubstep.

Spoiler:

This is what YOU think is dubstep.

Spoiler:
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Gespar wrote:I love dubstep. Hate on it all you want. I don't care. But here's a little education for some people who think 'Skrillex' is dubstep.

What you listen to is NOT dubstep. This is REAL dubstep.

Spoiler:

To me, those are just LOOPS.
Because, guess what? They are. If I had DubStep, and I didn't have actual instruments,I'd throw it away for the shit it is. (Edit: Oh, so it does have instruments, Surprising.)

All I see it as, is a easy-to-cool music making program. Just get a loop and play it in different pitches, and then change the loop a bit add another loop. OH HOW HARD THAT IS. That's what I used to do with Fruity Loops when I sucked at it. But now I'm making whole orchestra-songs. To me, DubStep is at a very very low level. Because all you do is loop, and WUB WUB WAW WAW.
Then again, I hate most disco music, so there's that too. The songs you showed just had softer wub wub waw waws. But wub wub still the same.
I hate Dubstep and will not change my taste of music to...wub wub waw waws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Basically whoever tried to promote dubstep just made Constipators case stronger.

I admit some of my music taste is bad and shallow (Repetitive songs with relatively no change) but I don't care, I like the other stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_-OKBm1jk
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:37 pm

What would you rather hear?
A song which has a lot of variation, like in orchestras?
Or the same tune played a million times with a random chance of WUB WAW WAW?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:41 pm

The Constipator wrote:What would you rather hear?

Thats just pure ignorance.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : I don't care what you think about my signature, I'm protecting my freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Gespar wrote:Thats just pure ignorance.

Pot calling Kettle black...

The Constipator wrote:What would you rather hear?

Either, The objective of music is that it should be enjoyed, I enjoy both equally. Sometimes I will listen to vario-, sometimes I will listen to 1 riff songs.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Peter wrote:

Don't really care. But all you hear from people that dubstep is just "wub wub wooomp" when its not.. And then when people say it comes from drum and bass... When it doesn't..
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericho Phelps Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:13 pm

*Listen to all the genres*
I really really do!

I have neutral feelings about dumbstep tough, sometimes i just have a mood for a seizure then i go look at Pumped up Kicks dubstep remix or listen to Gizmo.
*wub wub*
Still i get what Consp-something-ah means (ignorance lvl 3) and i like jazzy stuff too.
Anyways listen to Outasight my dear Dubstep hater.
Btw nice song Very Happy *humms: i hate dubstep, i really really do*

Jericho Phelps
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : I accidentally your money. Is that bad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Gespar wrote:
Peter wrote:

Don't really care. But all you hear from people that dubstep is just "wub wub wooomp" when its not.. And then when people say it comes from drum and bass... When it doesn't..

Yeah, when in actual fact it's just a over-glorified beat mixer.

tg~# wrote:*Listen to all the genres*
I really really do!

I have neutral feelings about dumbstep tough, sometimes i just have a mood for a seizure then i go look at Pumped up Kicks dubstep remix or listen to Gizmo.
*wub wub*
Still i get what Consp-something-ah means (ignorance lvl 3) and i like jazzy stuff too.
Anyways listen to Outasight my dear Dubstep hater.
Btw nice song Very Happy *humms: i hate dubstep, i really really do*

Very Happy Thank ye, friend. Took me about an hour to do it Very Happy Had a lot of interruptions. But even though, I just like listening to songs by Rare(C), ie games like Banjo Tooie. (Then there's Rare's little brother Infrogames, which is pretty similar and good too.)
Yeah, basically, I like soundtracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:10 am

The Constipator wrote:

A friend of mine's a DJ and I know the amount of time and effort it takes to make a decent tune, so for you to say "it's just a glorified beat mixer" is quite astounding. It might take you twenty minutes to fart out those Pianomaximum things but a proper tune prepared by an experienced DJ can take days.

Don't underestimate the amount of time and effort required to create those songs, because if you were put in front of a mixing table you wouldn't know the first thing to do.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:43 am

K.. What your listening to isn't dubstep though. Its 'brostep' look it up. And also try telling the lads over on the dubstep forum that its dubstep. I guarantee that the links I put in the first spoiler they'll agree about it being dubstep. But the 2nd spoiler, they will just laugh in your face.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Andersun Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:19 am

There are very few dubstep songs I like, however Zeldastep is just...One of my favorite albums ever. Mostly cause I'm a diehard Zelda Ocarina of Time fan, but still, dubstep isn't that bad if you get some of the varying songs. Sure, the typical stupid WAWAWAWA over and over again is annoying. Not all dubstep is bad thouh.
Sam Andersun
Sam Andersun
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Samdersun/Undersun

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:02 am

Dubstep brostep. Dickstep whipstep. w/e
It's computer music... No soul whatsoever.
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Jamie Steel wrote:
The Constipator wrote:

A friend of mine's a DJ and I know the amount of time and effort it takes to make a decent tune, so for you to say "it's just a glorified beat mixer" is quite astounding. It might take you twenty minutes to fart out those Pianomaximum things but a proper tune prepared by an experienced DJ can take days.

Don't underestimate the amount of time and effort required to create those songs, because if you were put in front of a mixing table you wouldn't know the first thing to do.

Repeated tune = Really hard to do takes forever to make
Whole orchestrated song technically made of different tunes = Farted out in twenty minutes?
My mind is full of fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Neon Router wrote:
Jamie Steel wrote:
The Constipator wrote:

Whole orchestrated song technically made of different tunes = Farted out in twenty minutes?
My mind is full of fuck.

Oh yes sir, I'm sorry that I didn't know your a professional music producer!

Yet you probably have no idea how to produce music?
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Different musics sounds different to different people. It's all how you perceive it... And that's about it. Doesn't make the song crap or your taste in music crap. You can't help liking a song/whatever.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Neon Router wrote:
Jamie Steel wrote:
The Constipator wrote:

My mind is full of fuck.

Just because I can't read it doesn't mean I can't make it. I've made some pretty -decent- songs. Not perfect, since I'm limited to the instruments I can use. But their songs that are worth hearing or taking example from. (Your point will be invalid if you post a song of mine that isn't recent, cause everyone was a beginner once. I only got the hang of it recently, and the hard way.) Dubstep isn't the only music style there is, and, if I say so myself, is a rather low style of music. (Dubstep remixes? Really? Why not re-create the bloody song yourself note by note, and make it cooler. Oh wait, you can't. IT'S A GLORIFIED BEAT MIXER.) You can make songs in Fruity Loops and Garage-band (Or so I've heard) but Dubstep? Just repeat the same tune again and again with different effects and you've got yourself a song.

Face it, all Dubstep has, which is so special, is it's sound effects. Other than that, it's a very limited music style. I can't imagine having dubstep being even closely compared to real music.
Can you imagine a cartoon with a Dubstep style soundtrack? I'm sure it would be wiped off the telly before you can say "Strange Inflatable Wobbly Thing"
It's only good for discos and should be kept in discos, not youtube. Keep it away from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Neon Router wrote:
Ferdinand Brixius wrote:
Neon Router wrote:
Jamie Steel wrote:
The Constipator wrote:

My mind is full of fuck.

Just because I can't read it doesn't mean I can't make it. I've made some pretty -decent- songs. Not perfect, since I'm limited to the instruments I can use. But their songs that are worth hearing or taking example from. (Your point will be invalid if you post a song of mine that isn't recent, cause everyone was a beginner once. I only got the hang of it recently, and the hard way.) Dubstep isn't the only music style there is, and, if I say so myself, is a rather low style of music. (Dubstep remixes? Really? Why not re-create the bloody song yourself note by note, and make it cooler. Oh wait, you can't. IT'S A GLORIFIED BEAT MIXER.) You can make songs in Fruity Loops and Garage-band (Or so I've heard) but Dubstep? Just repeat the same tune again and again with different effects and you've got yourself a song.

Face it, all Dubstep has, which is so special, is it's sound effects. Other than that, it's a very limited music style. I can't imagine having dubstep being even closely compared to real music.
Can you imagine a cartoon with a Dubstep style soundtrack? I'm sure it would be wiped off the telly before you can say "Strange Inflatable Wobbly Thing"
It's only good for discos and should be kept in discos, not youtube. Keep it away from me.

What I mentioned earlier in this.. 'discussion' I pointed out that not all Dubstep has simple kick and snare patterns. Dubstep is reggae/dub infused 2-step music. Sound evolves over time thats why you've got this shit nowadays like 'Modstep' And the worst of them all.. 'Skrillex'. Sure, you could say that about dubstep, but its not accurate. Dubstep takes time to produce, I produce some myself, I've been doing it for a year, my skills have improved but I can't seem to make Brostep, its not as easy as you think.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 am

Skrillex ain't bad. It's the closest thing Dubstep techno. polak music is to screamo or metal. and those links you posted... all just sound like beeps and dogs barking in sync... made on a keyboard. I would actually prefer listening to WUB WUB WUB. then that beeping..
i mean at least the WUB WUB keeps me awake O.o
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferdinand Brixius Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 am

Matt Mercer wrote:Skrillex ain't bad. It's the closest thing Dubstep techno. polak music is to screamo or metal. and those links you posted... all just sound like beeps and dogs barking in sync... made on a keyboard. I would actually prefer listening to WUB WUB WUB. then that beeping..

Skrillex is terrible and is ruining the genre.
Ferdinand Brixius
Ferdinand Brixius
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

Matt Mercer wrote:Skrillex ain't bad. It's the closest thing Dubstep techno. polak music is to screamo or metal. and those links you posted... all just sound like beeps and dogs barking in sync... made on a keyboard. I would actually prefer listening to WUB WUB WUB. then that beeping..

What beeping? I do hope your not talking about my MIDI instruments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:18 am

Neon Router wrote:

What beeping? I do hope your not talking about my MIDI instruments.

Noone likes Midi.
I will Kudos you for trying to do the morrowind theme, even if it was a little messy.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next