VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves

+7
Jager Arach
Collins
Kevin Alymer
Ray
Victor_Jankowski
Tommy Carreiro
Peter Greenson
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Script Fighting

Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_lcap25%Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_lcap50%Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_lcap25%Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves Empty Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves

Post by Peter Greenson Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:44 pm

The San Fierro Tribune – 17/9/11
Last night hundreds of FBI members poured into Red County to participate in the largest government training exercise in the state since the Iraq War in 2003. The acting director Daniel Bardach told the San Fierro Tribune ”This training exercise marks 10 years of post-9/11 counter terrorism” and that ”..As a result of operations like these the FBI becomes more effective to counter threats internal and abroad…”. Local Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were also mentioned by the acting Director to have provided the necessary demographics of the community and the targets that proved to be a key element in the claimed “Hassle Free” operation that had taken place that night.
The exercise trained FBI agents to act appropriately in the event that a drug cartel/gang took over a group of towns and had ousted any law enforcement that was previously there, This training exercise included black hawk helicopters and rubber bullets; Gunshots were heard throughout the night as FBI agents breached doors to targeted houses and ‘neutralized’ the threats inside them, There were convoys throughout the night transporting the simulated targets out of the area to an unknown location outside the County.
Local reports about live rounds being used have been strongly denied by all spokesmen and there also have been reports that the training exercise was actually an excuse to test radical new laser technology that incapacitates targets at ranges over 500m, These claimed reports have also been denied by representatives of the Government. Conspiracy theorists are saying this training exercise was a cover up to mask the government’s eradication of the mythical werewolves that roam the Red County Area.

((OOC: All wolves in the Palomino/Red County Area have been tracked down and killed by the FBI. Technology developed from studying captured werewolves aided the FBI in their operation of tracking the wolves in their humanoid form (Hand held versions of the IR signature camera used by a black hawk helicopter that tells the user if the observed is a human). This night raid without warning should mean that the element of surprise was kept, No wolves knew about this as the Sheriff’s Department was not briefed on the exercise and there are no wolves in the FBI.))

SECURE CABLE TO WASHINGTON: Operation PineSweeper executed. (( Anyone who has dealt with the FBI knows what this is. ))

((-OPTION TWO WAS TAKEN-))

Script Fight Rule

The script fighting rule, as it has become more and more unpopular since it was reintroduced a few months ago there is a call for a change. There are three options in this vote; Keep, Change, or Remove.

• Keeping the script fight option
• Changing the script fight option to apply only in certain situations and under certain conditions (All players must agree)
• Removing the script fight without Roleplay and leaving only text based Roleplay as the only option.

My opinion; Option 2, Most people do not know when to use firearms in Roleplay and with the script fight rule they are overused and they also help a micro-arms race between every player as they strive towards being the most well equipped in the Roleplay. With a proposed conditions where people can only use weapons in script fight when X, Y, and Z are met is a much better option in my opinion because then people would have to Roleplay their fights unless the circumstance calls for script.

Criticize away (On the vote, Not the RP), just don't post useless shit like raiden 'This is a good vote'.

Last edited by Peter on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves Empty Re: Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves

Post by Tommy Carreiro Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Changing. IMHO there's no place for DM.

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : t0mpwnz

Back to top Go down

Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves Empty Re: Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves

Post by Victor_Jankowski Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Option two. Everyone must agree. It's fucking annoying to walk accross a street and get shot by a sniper randomly.

BTW. Some of the SD Knew about werewolves, and we also had the KOS on'em. Y WE NO GET CREDITS.
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Ray Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:47 pm

SD needs to let the big boys do their jobs Wink

My vote has already been submitted for this.
Ray
Ray
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:11 pm

For the werewolf part, do we have, to follow by that or can we modify it a little? Some might've escaped, or tried to defend their families like, pregnant mother etc. Not saying they stay in town, they just escape, as in, move to another, country. Just cause we need to make end stories, for our characters Razz.

For script killing, here is some reasons we should change it.
https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t4177-script-killing
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Collins Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

So no brawls between gangs? no riots? no shoot-outs? no assasinations with snipers?
Collins
Collins
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Kevin wrote:For the werewolf part, do we have, to follow by that or can we modify it a little? Some might've escaped, or tried to defend their families like, pregnant mother etc. Not saying they stay in town, they just escape, as in, move to another, country. Just cause we need to make end stories, for our characters Razz.

For script killing, here is some reasons we should change it.
https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t4177-script-killing
This is what I'm going to roleplay with Jager, as it wouldn't make any sense for him to die and have FP still around.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Why don't you just remove the guns? Only SD members have the ability to obtain them.

I mean, this explains it all;
Nick_Jones wrote:Script Fight Rule and the fate of the Werewolves Sa-mp-78

This is my fun in the server,They took that from me

Now server's trying to take werewolves away from FP,That's just just just...

No words.

Or just make only shotguns, pistols and the hunting rifle available. And raise up the prices. Everyone can get a gun from someone with a license. For how much? 500$. The prices should be higher. 2,500$ for a pistol with 100 bullets sounds fine to me.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Sonerin wrote:

Or just make only shotguns, pistols and the hunting rifle available. And raise up the prices. Everyone can get a gun from someone with a license. For how much? 500$. The prices should be higher. 2,500$ for a pistol with 100 bullets sounds fine to me.

Gun licenses are for guns with a legal use only. When you buy a weapon with a gun license, your name is registered to that weapon, bullet imprint, and etcetera. If you sell a gun to someone else or buy multiple in a short time, you will be fined and punished.

We have a black market for a reason.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 pm

It does need to be more active though.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 am

For the wolves that magically found their way out of a secret planned raid they can RP their endings in a short period of time before it's just stopped.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 am

Well, spotting them in humanoid form would be hard, and magical like, too, so, considering the fact, some were so, blend in with society and barely used their wolf form, they could've escaped. My character, stays at home, with a human adopted daughter, and a pregnant woman at home, I'm pretty sure it'd be hard for him to get tracked down. Plus, I'm not saying he will come back, just, would like to write my own character ending due to the fact, I've had him for so long, he deserves a proper ending rather than the usual, random attack on him.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:17 am

I think for kevin at least i dont think i have ever seen him wolf for hes best wolf out there by far if anyone should stay wolf and evaded the whole raid kevin would. I get the other wolves who spend all day shifting in and out they would be easy to track down.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique LaRue Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:18 am

machete wrote:I think for kevin at least i dont think i have ever seen him wolf for hes best wolf out there by far if anyone should stay wolf and evaded the whole raid kevin would. I get the other wolves who spend all day shifting in and out they would be easy to track down.

Dominique too. She's only been in her wolf form in two or three RP- and one of them was a short stint. Very few people even actually ever knew she was a werewolf- practically none would have ever if there wasn't admin /check and /vampire/werewolfsniff.
Dominique LaRue
Dominique LaRue
Talkalot
Talkalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 am

Werewolves have to be biologically different to humans, this obvious difference separates the wolf/human race and made the strike teams job easier, The local FBI agent who was a wolf was killed in this operation as well (slightly after it).
The technology used uses a similar apparatus to a small biometric scanner with the proof being an IR signature detector (unique to a species).
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am

I'm not letting him live so he can come back this is a no survivng wolf thingie, I'm just making a story ending, for a character I've been with so long. So, no, everyone is resetted no matter who.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 am

Peter wrote:Werewolves have to be biologically different to humans
Nope, while in human form, we are in every sense the same as humans, physicly and biologicly. Garou is half spirit and half human, while human we are just that, human, while in wolf form we are spirit. Unless you have some magical device that can detect Gnosis (The energy that flows through Garou giving them able to use powers) then there is no way to tell.

Last edited by The Grim of Evil on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:24 am

Cbf to explain biology to people who base arguments off magic.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:26 am

You can't explain WoD with science dammit. I keep telling people. Don't even TRY to. It's not possible.

Doing so makes your head hurt and you turn into the Constipator.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:26 am

Peter wrote:Cbf to explain biology to people who base arguments off magic.
Guess what? WoD is full of nothing but magic if you haven't noticed. I mean as I have stated before, trying to use science, on something magical is like mixing oil and water. But I cbf to explain this to someone who base the arguments of non existent creatures with science.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:28 am

./me uses special magic to hide every way of getting spotted and while he is at it becomes the US president.

There are limitations because WoD makes it fucking impossible for humans unless they succumb to magic as well.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:28 am

Nope. You can kill a vampire or Werewolf without "Magic"
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:29 am

Moriarty wrote:Nope. You can kill a vampire or Werewolf without "Magic"
Exactly, you just don't want to admit that your reason is flawed and you've no idea what you're talking about.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 am

Werewolves would have diffrent biological strains due to fact you can change people its basically a mutation howeveri do think as with anything one or two would get away as is life nothing ever goes 100% perfect.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 am

machete wrote:Werewolves would have diffrent biological strains due to fact you can change people its basically a mutation howeveri do think as with anything one or two would get away as is life nothing ever goes 100% perfect.
I already explained it to you, and you all still try to reason with science. Humans are in between the physical and spirit world. While in human form they have no wolf weaknesses and no wolf strengths they are human in every sense of the word, except that they have Gnosis that flows through their bodies, which every living being does, except that Garou have alot more, enabling them to shift and pass into other spiritual plains, such as the Umbra.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next