VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with weapons 1 [Sniping]

5 posters

Go down

Dealing with weapons 1 [Sniping] Empty Dealing with weapons 1 [Sniping]

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:23 am

So i've seen many people trying to go "Snipe snipe" on the others, but there's a lot of stuff you don't put to play to RPly be the greatest sniper.

MILS: Any modern day sniper rifle standar scope has these, each MIL equals around 1 military klick.

Wind Variety + Speed: Some people think "Oh it's just pulling a trigger and boom" no it's not , you need to adjust the scope to fit with the Wind changes and any other support the rifle uses.

Range: Bullets are affected with gravity once they reach X time/air time and they wont always hit the target.

Bullet type/Ammunition: Some people go like "Blah blah eat my 50 cal bish." no, just no....
.50 Caliber BRM rounds are heavy and take a lot of spin when leaving the rifle's barrel, plus you need to think about what material the ammunition uses as a "burner".

"Burner": The material that makes the ammunition burn faster, increasing it's speed and range, a good trick is to leave the magazine/ammunition in an open place with sun light so it heats up and travels far more than a "Cold round".

Target: Your target changes as much as you or your rifle does, bigger targets mean less effort on the shooting, thus less skill taken.

Smaller targets demand CERTAIN skill with a Sniper Rifle, and you always need to check your targets route to intercept him with the bullet, otherwise it's not going to work if you shoot a moving target at the actual position.

Okay so this is the basics that i know IRL and ICly.

Sniper Rifle Skill Level 1: You can't buy a sniper rifle yet, and if you use one you need to /coin every shot to see if it lands, BUT BE CAREFULL, your prey moves when a bullet hits the surroundings.

Sniper Rifle Skill Level 2: Now you're on your way to becoming a good sniper but you still need to /coin your shots to prove skill, you can check the MILS and stuff.

Sniper Rifle Skill Level 3: Okay so your name must be Chuck Mawhinney by now (Google who's the man.), you have great ICly skills but you still didin't perfect your technique at sniping.

Well that's all by now, untill the next post.

Sniper Hint: "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast and Fast is Simple."

Note: These don't apply for Vampires/Wolves since they suck a lot at sniping ICly from their lack of firearms training and/or skill with it.

Edit: If you buy a Country Rifle (Cuntgun known by players) and you RP it being a Sniper Rifle because you shitlack the skill to buy/hold one, then respect same rules as a sniper rifle, if not, it's just a normal hunting rifle.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Dealing with weapons 1 [Sniping] Empty Re: Dealing with weapons 1 [Sniping]

Post by Victor_Jankowski Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 am

Well done! You were useful for once! Very useful, Bishop. I'm lucky I have sniper rifle skill 3 and ICly my main marksman field was Sniper Rifles while in the Navy. But those COD nerd dedicated person's hints come really useful, thanks for posting...
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 am

Victor_Jankowski wrote:Well done! You were useful for once! Very useful, Bishop. I'm lucky I have sniper rifle skill 3 and ICly my main marksman field was Sniper Rifles while in the Navy. But those COD nerd dedicated person's hints come really useful, thanks for posting...

Lol love you too , but i still put up some of these skills into practice IRL, i have a "Barry" .50 BMG and my uncle owns a shooting range specially for Sniper Rifles/Shotguns/Handguns.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor_Jankowski Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 am

Fuck my country, to have a gun you need:

Easy option: Go to Rio and give five bucks to the dudes with AK's singing those ridiculous songs and get your own... (Full Paraguai and FARC "Gear",Sniper Rifles not included)

Hard option: Sign 3 and a half tons of paperwork and a fuckload of time working in police/military.

Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:15 am

Victor_Jankowski wrote:Fuck my country, to have a gun you need:

Easy option: Go to Rio and give five bucks to the dudes with AK's singing those ridiculous songs and get your own... (Full Paraguai and FARC "Gear",Sniper Rifles not included)

Hard option: Sign 3 and a half tons of paperwork and a fuckload of time working in police/military.

It's almost the same here but I saved 2 years to buy it and each .50 BMG cost around 5 bucks or 10 bucks the round.

So every time i shoot a bullet i say "There goes my money" lol , but it's worth it.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 am

One thing
you forgot the Coriollis effect on the bullet
It's the actual ratiation of the globe affects the bullet. But this only happends if your sniping...MAJOR distance... but still.. soemthing to add =P
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 am

It's bullet weight, trajectory, spin, Coriollis effect, Barometric pressure, and wind speed.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor_Jankowski Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Bishop's forum banned till day 5 I think... However I haven't seen him IG either... lol
Victor_Jankowski
Victor_Jankowski
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 am

He got banned for immaturely trolling people
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Carreiro Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Peter_Greenson wrote:He got banned for immaturely trolling people
Emm... *cough* I hope it aint permanent.
For the sniper, <3 Romeo for all t3h hard work put into this :p it payed off, hopefully the count of PGers will decrease when sum1 reads this.

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : t0mpwnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down