VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corruption

+4
Samara
Kevin Alymer
Marcus Campbell
George_Henry
8 posters

Go down

Corruption Empty Corruption

Post by George_Henry Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:50 am

There is a OOC rule for police that I am particularly not happy about and would like to pose some questions. Why is it needed for this rule to be in play if it is really that bad why not just find out icly and deal with it this a Rp server after all. The fact that the rule even exists limits the Rp of the player to half forcing him or her to stay completely clean. As such the rule existing I find it to be a extreme case of MetaGaming and PowerGaming. The reasons being that how would they know unless they saw you do it that your being bad. Second just forcing someone to Rp a certain way is in essence PowerGaming it self. Basically that's what I believe leave comments on what you think. Do not troll this topic.....

George_Henry
Donator
Donator

http://sns-fl.com/

Back to top Go down

Corruption Empty Re: Corruption

Post by Marcus Campbell Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:00 am

I suggested this a while ago..At one side i think it's non-rp to be threated ICly for an OOC rule.I mean that is a part where it's NON-RP.On the other hand corruption is maybe not allowed for a good reason imagine you have a suspect that runs away and shoot him in the head.The criminals would have even a less chance of winning against the SD.So basically i think the corruption rule should stay at least for SD.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:33 am

Because SD cannot deal with it yet icly. They are not based off written laws and cops usually end up doing mistakes and get away with it due to the lack of laws/rules. When SD can deal with it like IRL cops do then yes it can be removed. After all we're not IRL cops, or most of us aren't so its normal to be mistaken at times. That wouldnt be fair to players if cops could go rogue and would not be able to be dealt with.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Henry Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 am

I do understand what your saying but if the rule stays on only humans can be in the police force I am scared if I join as a vampire I will be fired because I feed or what not.

George_Henry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:06 am

What you do when you're off duty is none of their business. Thus, Feeding while off duty is allowed. Very Happy
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Henry Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:10 am

Ahh i miss understood the rule then. But I still don't care it.

George_Henry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:07 pm

However i got called corrupt for helping the fbi when i was off duty.

The things is the corruption rule is full of holes it there to try and help keep people from abusing it i think it should be a judgement call thing.

for instance if you see a cop just killing everyone and saying well no one saw me then yes he is abusing.

but if the cop is off duty wearing a mask and commiting a crime enless he is arrested and all his details taken i think it would be unfair to fire him as like said before that is totally un rp.
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd McFadden Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 pm

How many Cops do you see Kidnapping and Murdering people in real?
Lloyd McFadden
Lloyd McFadden
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:47 pm

machete wrote:However i got called corrupt for helping the fbi when i was off duty.

The things is the corruption rule is full of holes it there to try and help keep people from abusing it i think it should be a judgement call thing.

for instance if you see a cop just killing everyone and saying well no one saw me then yes he is abusing.

but if the cop is off duty wearing a mask and commiting a crime enless he is arrested and all his details taken i think it would be unfair to fire him as like said before that is totally un rp.

You weren't corrupt, I was only trying to get the cops to find you icly. That wasn't corruption. I was trying to find your location icly and SD would be interested in where you were and I'd have more chances to find who got kidnapped.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Winston Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:56 am

Kevin wrote:
machete wrote:However i got called corrupt for helping the fbi when i was off duty.

You weren't corrupt, I was only trying to get the cops to find you icly. That wasn't corruption. I was trying to find your location icly and SD would be interested in where you were and I'd have more
chances to find who got kidnapped.

I had no problem with trying to find me, it was just fact i had to stop rping it because oocly i got called corrupt by a couple of people its ok i don't mind if thats the rule i will follow the rules i just thing mayby the rule needs a bit of a change
Terry Winston
Terry Winston
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 am

machete wrote:
Kevin wrote:

You weren't corrupt, I was only trying to get the cops to find you icly. That wasn't corruption. I was trying to find your location icly and SD would be interested in where you were and I'd have more
chances to find who got kidnapped.

I had no problem with trying to find me, it was just fact i had to stop rping it because oocly i got called corrupt by a couple of people its ok i don't mind if thats the rule i will follow the rules i just thing mayby the rule needs a bit of a change

Thing is, a lot of of people shout "Corruption corruption" all the time. As long as you're not abusing police powers for a crime, which yours wasn't basically considered a crime as you were with the F.B.I is not corruption.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 am

I think some people always shout corruption just because it's an OOC rule and they just don't wanna get arrested.They probably use it to delay the RP and get away with it.
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Simms Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 am

Nick_Jones wrote:I think some people always shout corruption just because it's an OOC rule and they just don't wanna get arrested.They probably use it to delay the RP and get away with it.

Quite true.
Caleb Simms
Caleb Simms
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am

Nick_Jones wrote:I think some people always shout corruption just because it's an OOC rule and they just don't wanna get arrested.They probably use it to delay the RP and get away with it.

Not always, it prooves useful when cops actually do something that cops IRL wouldnt do. That's why its there.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 am

Or instead of implementing rules to restrict people of doing certain rp things, we should just let them do as they wish and deal with the consequences ICly.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Henry Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:20 am

My point exactly.

George_Henry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content