VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's ban religion [Satire]

+10
Jamie Steel
Sam Akabara
Rising
Samara
Sonerin
Odin
Ray
Simon Bourne
Edward Veatress
Peter Greenson
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's ban religion [Satire] - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's ban religion [Satire]

Post by Sonerin Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Rising wrote:"Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known".

Blaise Pascal

Friendly motherfucker he is. Tsunamis and shit.

RomeKovz wrote:
Sonerin wrote:Let's ban religion [Satire] - Page 2 Science-Vs-Religion

Last picture on the science side....i saw that in a movie...can't remember the name, but i DO remember it was related to the events of WW2 where Hitler killed them Jews.

On topic:

We started to talk about our ideas and the religion just because of that video or maybe because you saw the comments, you're all getting off topic.

"The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas"

Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Let's ban religion [Satire] - Page 2 9964127
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Steel Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axdZAxyt2g

In all honesty i've got no beef with religion, as long as people don't try and stuff it down my throat. It doesn't affect my day-to-day so i've go no reason to knock it.

...Yet.
Jamie Steel
Jamie Steel
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:05 am

I got to correct you there, we all have the desire of violence, it's been so before there was even religion. You see it in other species too. Now, religion itself can be innocent but us humans, will turn it into an excuse for war. So we all blame it on religion, as we usually tend to blame things on other stuff and find excuses.

"*Hits the ball towards the net, but it ends up outside. Arr, something's wrong with me today.*

All those killings were the desire of people to actually, control the population, gain power, ye know the usual. Actually the fear that you'll have a bad afterlife might, and get punished after if you do bad deeds actually, does help us in a way. Knowing that there's a God that loves you also gives you hope, the will to create peace, rather than violence, if you take a look at religion books, some of them at least, killing is wrong and not excused. You can't blame it on religion, blame it on yourself. We all have the desire to fight, have power, it's how survival works, it's like a competition, you can add natural selection to that. "Religion is the reason of wars" is simply not true, we are. After all we are the ones interpreting that religion, twisting some words there, to make it fit us.

Imagine a world without the term God, everyone would do whatever they wanted, what would be the point of being good? You'd get no reward, you'd have no support, encouragement from good. There'd be nothing on the other side helping you in a quest to do good deeds, you'd possibly have more chances of giving up, and more chances of doing whatever you wanted. Etc etc. That is all, for now. Blaming religion, is basically, not going to stop anything, we're always going to try to find excuses as long as we're satisfied.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wilhelm Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:02 am

I have traveled to some parts of the world...

RIght.. They say that America has.. Few Open areas.. Wrong. America has Tons of open areas.. What does this have to do with This? A bit.

Almost the same thing..

People SAY that something is So. But whether its true?... Depends..

Its true.. Religion DOES start wars.. Look at the Crusades.. BUT.. It Can give Hope to those who dont have it.

Im catholic. Only partially since i dont really care.. and respect all.. So I might as well be labeled without a religion.

And as kevin stated.. Everyone would be doing what they want.. Aka. Underage sex, Teens getting Prego..

Maddness.. Simply....

BUT with the laws, And regulations.. It stops all that

Simply.. Sometimes Religion is good. In CERTAIN situations. and Sometimes, Religion is bad. It Really depends on the situation.
Daniel Wilhelm
Daniel Wilhelm
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Personal Text : Commander of the EMS And FD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:27 am

Kevin wrote:I got to correct you there, we all have the desire of violence, it's been so before there was even religion. You see it in other species too. Now, religion itself can be innocent but us humans, will turn it into an excuse for war. So we all blame it on religion, as we usually tend to blame things on other stuff and find excuses.

"*Hits the ball towards the net, but it ends up outside. Arr, something's wrong with me today.*

All those killings were the desire of people to actually, control the population, gain power, ye know the usual. Actually the fear that you'll have a bad afterlife might, and get punished after if you do bad deeds actually, does help us in a way. Knowing that there's a God that loves you also gives you hope, the will to create peace, rather than violence, if you take a look at religion books, some of them at least, killing is wrong and not excused. You can't blame it on religion, blame it on yourself. We all have the desire to fight, have power, it's how survival works, it's like a competition, you can add natural selection to that. "Religion is the reason of wars" is simply not true, we are. After all we are the ones interpreting that religion, twisting some words there, to make it fit us.

Imagine a world without the term God, everyone would do whatever they wanted, what would be the point of being good? You'd get no reward, you'd have no support, encouragement from good. There'd be nothing on the other side helping you in a quest to do good deeds, you'd possibly have more chances of giving up, and more chances of doing whatever you wanted. Etc etc. That is all, for now. Blaming religion, is basically, not going to stop anything, we're always going to try to find excuses as long as we're satisfied.

The thing is, people try to spread their religion because it's a rule written in their story books. "Spread Christianity/Islam/Jewslam/whatever". If people keep their beliefs to themselves, if their religion doesn't have any effects on me, then I am okay with this. But; It is still too damn disturbing to see people thinking that earth is flat. That's an example, because I get the same feeling when I see people say there's a god.

Nope, having a world without the term god wouldn't cause people to do whatever they wanted. There's law, prison, executions.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Having laws doesn't always stop people. Earth is flat, is just another interpretation of, people on religion that the religion itself does not mention or support. With law, at that time not everyone could get caught that easily, even now. There's really nothing wrong with believing in a God, to be honest to some it seems to have more sense, than the universe being created random for no apparent reason, just, oh hey explosion, and complicated perfectly built species on the planet, the usual... no?

There being a supernatural force does prevent some to actually do crimes. Also a reminder, spreading religion doesn't have to go through killing. Killing isn't even supported or excused, if you do read the books. Maybe it's time us as humans learned to control ourselves and actually solve our issues rather than still blame it on religion and other.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Kevin wrote:Having laws doesn't always stop people. Earth is flat, is just another interpretation of, people on religion that the religion itself does not mention or support. With law, at that time not everyone could get caught that easily, even now. There's really nothing wrong with believing in a God, to be honest to some it seems to have more sense, than the universe being created random for no apparent reason, just, oh hey explosion, and complicated perfectly built species on the planet, the usual... no?

There being a supernatural force does prevent some to actually do crimes. Also a reminder, spreading religion doesn't have to go through killing. Killing isn't even supported or excused, if you do read the books. Maybe it's time us as humans learned to control ourselves and actually solve our issues rather than still blame it on religion and other.

Let's ban religion [Satire] - Page 2 Religion-is-like-a-keep-it-inside-11297-1283509798-5

And nope, Atheists are more lawful and humanic than religious people. Read qur'an if you are serious about "no violence in religions" part.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 pm

this topic is full of hate

i hate hate

^that makes me a hypocrite

ontopic: religion is cool
atheists are religious, sonerin
atheism is a religion

kthxbye

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 pm

ArielV wrote:this topic is full of hate

i hate hate

atheism is a religion

kthxbye

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.

Feel free to fuck off now.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wilhelm Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Sigh.. As I stated.. Sometimes its good for religion to be there. and Sometimes it isnt..

Look at me, My parents shoved all that catholic stuff into my head. However Im 20 now. I dont care about religion much other than.. Its there. Okay. Go to church for 45 minutes, On sundays, then fuck off to regular life...

Now. I myself. Idk. would probably be cool to have sex before marriage. idk. Im still a virgin, why?... Dont ask.. But 10% of the reason is religion..

Its as I stated.. Sometimes religion is good. Sometimes its bad.
Just DO NOT.. Force others to believe it. I dont, I sit there like.. Mkay. Cool. Respect all religions. Unless someone tries to force you to believe in their religion. then tell them to fuck off..

Samara Knows my religious outlook. Little to none.
Daniel Wilhelm
Daniel Wilhelm
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Personal Text : Commander of the EMS And FD

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:14 am

agnostic is the way to go

that way you're not an asshole who thinks they know whether there's gods or not.

because no one does and will ever have proof that there is one. at the same time that doesnt mean there isn't any gods.
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 am

/me doesn't gives a shit if there's a god or not.

I live my own life, religion: Videogaming.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielV Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:41 am

Sonerin wrote:

i hate hate

atheism is a religion

kthxbye

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.

Sonerin, Atheism is a religion. That doesn't say shit about it not being a religion. You can fuck off now thanks gtfo.

ArielV
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Alymer Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:45 am

@Sonerin, you're basing it in your own assumptions? Take it from an open minded guy. It's not in religion, the source is us, the source we commit crimes etc. If a person wants to do evil, he'll do it.
Kevin Alymer
Kevin Alymer
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 pm

ArielV wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

i hate hate

atheism is a religion

kthxbye

Sonerin, Atheism is a religion. That doesn't say shit about it not being a religion. You can fuck off now thanks gtfo.

I think your skull is too fucking thick to suck my words. You obviously don't know a slight bit about this topic if you think that Atheism is a religion.

Kevin wrote:@Sonerin, you're basing it in your own assumptions? Take it from an open minded guy. It's not in religion, the source is us, the source we commit crimes etc. If a person wants to do evil, he'll do it.

No, the religions actually have crime in them. For example; According to qur'an, you are allowed to hit your wife. You can marry up to 5-6 women in the same time. You are not allowed to befriend a Jew or a Christian. And such things, that leads the Muslims into crime. They fight the Jews, discriminate them, behead them, etc.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2