VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Religion Topic

+21
ArielV
Tommy Carreiro
Aaron_Lee
Outcast
Matt Mercer
Kira Tsujimura
Marcus Campbell
Mike Dan
Nicolas Djordjevic
D_Donnerfield
Sam Akabara
Waffle
Yuudai_Tanaka
Sonerin
Samara
Edward Veatress
Daniel Wilhelm
Nazz
Simon Bourne
Peter Greenson
Jager Arach
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Religion Topic Empty The Religion Topic

Post by Jager Arach Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 am

Alright this topic is for all who can maturely and without offending anyone discuss their veiw on religion. A few things will NOT be tolerated.

-Trolling
-Flaming
-Bitching

If you can't discuss something without doing any of these your post will be removed. This goes for people who spam up my topic saying they don't want this posted. Your posts will be deleted without consideration. I've done this before and we had a very nice discussion. Remember we're not here to convert people to our own beleifs, but to hear the beleifs of others, reflect on your own and discuss them with others.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

The Religion Topic Empty Re: The Religion Topic

Post by Peter Greenson Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 am

As I put on the nation census form. I'm Anglican (church of England)
I don't think religion should be discussed IMO
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:51 am

I only believe in facts and videogames, is there a religion related to that?
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 am

I believe Princess Trolles--err, Celestia to be the only powerful being in need of worship.

The Religion Topic Tumblr_lfv1jpnwOv1qchw13o1_500

She's the only one who can banish you to the moon for a thousand years or so~
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wilhelm Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 am

I'm Catholic.. Tbh theres ALOT of shit about catholics, I dont really care. its a religion, Theres TONS of them, I Respect all, As long as they leave me alone.
Basically.. You cant have sex till your married. In my opinion, ALOT of catholics break that rule. many times.. its a bit.. Wierd. They PUSH it into your head so you dont do it. but yet they do it themselves. Its a Confusing religion sometimes. I live by this, M-F Life, Sat=Work, Sun=Church, Work. Thats basically the schedule. :/
(Im not really religious, But I just worship.. Partially..)
Daniel Wilhelm
Daniel Wilhelm
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Personal Text : Commander of the EMS And FD

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward Veatress Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:50 am

Catholic here
Edward Veatress
Edward Veatress
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Samara Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:44 am

Born Christian, but I don't follow the religion or go to church or anything like that, So, Atheist, Even though Dad marked us all down as Christians on the Census.. >.>

I've no problems with any other religions, except one, which I won't talk about here because I'll most likely end up being raged at and called racist. (Yes, my view on this 'religion' is slightly racist too.)

Last edited by Tyrachi on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Crossing out the second part as it got discussed anyways.)
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:57 am

The thing I mostly hate about religious people is, they don't read their Holy books, yet call themselves Christians/Muslims. It's like calling yourself an engineer before studying engineery.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 am

Sonerin wrote:The thing I mostly hate about religious people is, they don't read their Holy books, yet call themselves Christians/Muslims. It's like calling yourself an engineer before studying engineery.

Yeah, I read the Bible before considering changing faith ( Yes, I was an atheist or undecided for a while... Because I was separated from everything because I was a non-christian in Primary years K - 4.) and I find that some people don't read their holy books or even listen to their religious sermons. So I agree with you.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuudai_Tanaka Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 am

I'm a Muslim and I've read the Quran at least 4-5 times now. Not a convert either, I've always been one.

Yuudai_Tanaka
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffle Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 am

I fully agree with Sonerin.

People walk up to me and are like

"OMG Y U SATAN U NO GO CHURCH? CHURCH HOLY PLAEC."

Fact: I'm Atheist.
Fact #2: DEY DUN GO CHURCH EITHER. DEY SATN

Waffle
Elite Cake
Elite Cake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Some religious people give their religion bad names/bad reputation.

Some idiots made all priests into "pedophiles"
Some extremists made all Muslims into "Terrorists"
Some cool guys made buddists into "Passive people who don't give a shit"

All religions are good. It's just that the people aren't following it right, and be breaking their own commandments.
Muslims. "Do not kill"
Christians, well, err....Well it's just bad for their name really.

What do I mean by all this?

Don't hate the religion. Hate the people who run it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 pm

The Constipator wrote:Some religious people give their religion bad names/bad reputation.

All religions are good. It's just that the people aren't following it right, and be breaking their own commandments.
Muslims. "Do not kill"

4:34: If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem, emphasis added)

[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma’dah 5: 51)

Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Sonerin wrote:
The Constipator wrote:Some religious people give their religion bad names/bad reputation.

Muslims. "Do not kill"

4:34: If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem, emphasis added)

[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma’dah 5: 51)
Okay now I just hate the old testament now.
I'm off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm

There's a reason they sorta uhh..Shifted away from the old testament. Becuase the church likes an "appeal to everyone" attitude that the new testament has..While the old testaments all..Erm...You know... DAMN YOU TO HELL.

And i'm Agnostic. Atheism is the highest form of Ignorance and closed mindedness.
Agnostics are just Indecisive.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Donnerfield Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, I'm Muslim too. But it says in the Holy Qur'an, that you can believe the words of the Holy Bible/Torah Scrolls, as we believe these books are all from Allah (God) but you cannot read them, apart from the Holy Qur'an. You don't have to be religious to do any of these things, all you need is true faith in your religion, and that the path you are following is right.
D_Donnerfield
D_Donnerfield
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

My family is Orthodox, or however you call it.

I don't really believe in God. And if you go like "Lol ur Satan" on my ass, Well:

Satan up your ass too.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

D_Donnerfield wrote:Well, I'm Muslim too. But it says in the Holy Qur'an, that you can believe the words of the Holy Bible/Torah Scrolls, as we believe these books are all from Allah (God) but you cannot read them, apart from the Holy Qur'an. You don't have to be religious to do any of these things, all you need is true faith in your religion, and that the path you are following is right.

Explain these?
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Dan Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Sonerin wrote:
D_Donnerfield wrote:Well, I'm Muslim too. But it says in the Holy Qur'an, that you can believe the words of the Holy Bible/Torah Scrolls, as we believe these books are all from Allah (God) but you cannot read them, apart from the Holy Qur'an. You don't have to be religious to do any of these things, all you need is true faith in your religion, and that the path you are following is right.

Explain these?

Okay now.. Time to put some bullshit to an end >_>

1. We are not Men of relegion. I Don't know everything .. Still Learning.

2. As Far as i know, Those two quotes May be Faked. , Since, Muslims are not forced to hit their wives, They are only Forced to hit their Children when they refuse to pray (And No , Not like a gang bangin' 3rd street rollin' beat up.. Just a simple hit. )

3. In the Qur'an It self , WE DON'T TAKE AGRESSIVE ACTIONS Aginst Other people's belives As such of Jews/Christians , I Myself got lots of Christian friends, Accutaly My best Friends are Christian , As for Jews, I Don't hold anything hostile aginst them..

So, Everything is done for, YOU Will not tell me How my relegion works , YOU Can take your faked up quotes and leave, YOU Should totaly stop hatting Muslims.. , I Mean .. you pretty much lost alot of stuff for that before... huh? If you can't Respect Muslims, how do you except them to respect ya? Accutaly.. Iam forced to " Treat your bad with good " , Morever, You are kindda Producing Hatred between Muslims, Jews & Christians, All I Came here to do on this server is to Play And have a good Time, Not to reply to your outraging thoughts aginst Islam, Had enough?...

EDIT : May i suggest, Not Try to post links about this quote from a non-real islam website? Cuz 75 Percent of them are not true, Faked, with one purpose to destroy islam/Spread hatred between all relegions. Thus, Some arab governments banned those websites.. Just saying.
Mike Dan
Mike Dan
Vampire
Vampire

Personal Text : TFK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:11 pm

This is the internet. What you beleive is irelevant.

Rules 11, 20, 19, 22, 25, 31 and 50 apply to this topic.

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net/t3384-rules-of-the-internet

Seriously, i can see where this is going.
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Why can't everypony just get along?

Yeah, I said it.
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Mike Dan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

Explain these?

2. As Far as i know, Those two quotes May be Faked. , Since, Muslims are not forced to hit their wives, They are only Forced to hit their Children when they refuse to pray (And No , Not like a gang bangin' 3rd street rollin' beat up.. Just a simple hit. )

3. In the Qur'an It self , WE DON'T TAKE AGRESSIVE ACTIONS Aginst Other people's belives As such of Jews/Christians , I Myself got lots of Christian friends, Accutaly My best Friends are Christian , As for Jews, I Don't hold anything hostile aginst them..

So, Everything is done for, YOU Will not tell me How my relegion works , YOU Can take your faked up quotes and leave, YOU Should totaly stop hatting Muslims.. , I Mean .. you pretty much lost alot of stuff for that before... huh? If you can't Respect Muslims, how do you except them to respect ya? Accutaly.. Iam forced to " Treat your bad with good " , Morever, You are kindda Producing Hatred between Muslims, Jews & Christians, All I Came here to do on this server is to Play And have a good Time, Not to reply to your outraging thoughts aginst Islam, Had enough?...

EDIT : May i suggest, Not Try to post links about this quote from a non-real islam website? Cuz 75 Percent of them are not true, Faked, with one purpose to destroy islam/Spread hatred between all relegions. Thus, Some arab governments banned those websites.. Just saying.
That is quite enough, there is no need to get angry, if you don't agree with what he has to say that's fine to tell him and try to educate him on your religion, but keep your hotility to a minimum.

Also I'd like to make a reply on Sam's post on Athiests. Calling Athiesism simple minded is in itself is very simple minded. Athiesism is the disbeleif in a deity or dieties or the supernatural. I beleive that there is more then likely no supernatural men who see all, but the existence of some kind of concious being that has parts to play or maybe even had parts to play in our existence or daily life, is possible. In my opinion someone who is agnostic is someone who is too scared to beleive in something because they fear being wrong and having any type of dire consequences. So they claim "to be open" to all. This is however no more than my opinion.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Mike Dan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

Explain these?

I've read Qur'an. It's all in the Qur'an itself. I had my friends translate some specific parts too.

You should deal with the facts. It was written decades ago, and people believed in violence in that time. So obviously Qur'an and other holy books contain violence in them. And yes, the part "Don't befriend Jews or Christians." and violence against women are actually in your book.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Sonerin wrote:
Mike Dan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

Explain these?

I've read Qur'an. It's all in the Qur'an itself. I had my friends translate some specific parts too.

You should deal with the facts. It was written decades ago, and people believed in violence in that time. So obviously Qur'an and other holy books contain violence in them. And yes, the part "Don't befriend Jews or Christians." and violence against women are actually in your book.
Ive never read the Qur'an, but that does make sense. Back in those times women and children are always expected to obey and tolerance was not what it is today, but most people don't follow their religion down to every word anymore. In my opinion these books do contain good teachings that people should live by, but I don't beleive you should live life by every word.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:06 pm

The Grim of Evil wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
Mike Dan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

Explain these?

Ive never read the Qur'an, but that does make sense. Back in those times women and children are always expected to obey and tolerance was not what it is today, but most people don't follow their religion down to every word anymore. In my opinion these books do contain good teachings that people should live by, but I don't beleive you should live life by every word.

You don't have to be religious to live lawfully. You can be an Atheist, and obey your elders, respect people, etc.

Muslims and Christians still follow a decades old story book.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next