VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets?

4 posters

Go down

Do you think Wolves can dodge bullets?

Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_lcap0%Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_lcap23%Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_lcap77%Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? I_vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? Empty Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets?

Post by Aaron_Lee Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:48 pm

I was very much disturbed about wolves DODGING bullets. Some bullets even break the sound barrier so I really dont know how they do dodge. The shooter may miss the shot but if the shooter is well trained I dont know how a wolf can dodge bullets. its kind of unfair to us Humans if we cant even hell off shoot a wolf. Dont get me wrong but this also depends on the distance

I found a link which stated how fast a bullet goes.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060621145557AAKQc1J

Post below on what you think
Aaron_Lee
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets? Empty Re: Wolf Speed. Dodge bullets?

Post by Samara Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

It does depend on this distance, If it a couple of metres, then there is no chance, unless the shooter has bad aim. If its a couple hundred meters... Then there is a chance. Wolves have extremely good hearing and if they know there is a gun aimed at them from a distance, they would be able to interpret the sounds and would be able to move in time.
Samara
Samara
Management
Management

http://tiger2289.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Samara wrote:It does depend on this distance, If it a couple of metres, then there is no chance, unless the shooter has bad aim. If its a couple hundred meters... Then there is a chance. Wolves have extremely good hearing and if they know there is a gun aimed at them from a distance, they would be able to interpret the sounds and would be able to move in time.
Aha Samara...

Let me put this out....
A sniper rifle round.... 7.62mm will go faster than the speed of sound...
A rifle round, M4.. AK-47... Will go faster than the speed of sound...
Some pistols will have high velocity rounds.

That's why when a gun shoots a blank it sounds less loud.... Because there isn't the sound barrier getting ripped by the bullet.
So, Reconsider?

You better be shooting rifles at such distances anyways... The crossover between can hear pistol shot and effective range is too small...
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Operetta Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Samara wrote:It does depend on this distance, If it a couple of metres, then there is no chance, unless the shooter has bad aim. If its a couple hundred meters... Then there is a chance. Wolves have extremely good hearing and if they know there is a gun aimed at them from a distance, they would be able to interpret the sounds and would be able to move in time.

Bullets are faster than the sound waves. >.>

Wolves can attempt to dodge the bullet IF and only IF the shooter is more than 50 meters away AND the wolf knows that the shooter is about to pull the trigger. In that case, a successful attempt will be if the the player roleplaying the wolf gets 5 "Heads" in a row (By the help of /coin command obviously).
Operetta
Operetta
Management
Management

https://vhrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down