VH:RP Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Religion Topic

+21
ArielV
Tommy Carreiro
Aaron_Lee
Outcast
Matt Mercer
Kira Tsujimura
Marcus Campbell
Mike Dan
Nicolas Djordjevic
D_Donnerfield
Sam Akabara
Waffle
Yuudai_Tanaka
Sonerin
Samara
Edward Veatress
Daniel Wilhelm
Nazz
Simon Bourne
Peter Greenson
Jager Arach
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Religion Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: The Religion Topic

Post by Jager Arach Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Sonerin wrote:
The Grim of Evil wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
Mike Dan wrote:
Sonerin wrote:
D_Donnerfield wrote:Well, I'm Muslim too. But it says in the Holy Qur'an, that you can believe the words of the Holy Bible/Torah Scrolls, as we believe these books are all from Allah (God) but you cannot read them, apart from the Holy Qur'an. You don't have to be religious to do any of these things, all you need is true faith in your religion, and that the path you are following is right.

4:34: If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem, emphasis added)

[O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma’dah 5: 51)

Explain these?

Okay now.. Time to put some bullshit to an end >_>

1. We are not Men of relegion. I Don't know everything .. Still Learning.

2. As Far as i know, Those two quotes May be Faked. , Since, Muslims are not forced to hit their wives, They are only Forced to hit their Children when they refuse to pray (And No , Not like a gang bangin' 3rd street rollin' beat up.. Just a simple hit. )

3. In the Qur'an It self , WE DON'T TAKE AGRESSIVE ACTIONS Aginst Other people's belives As such of Jews/Christians , I Myself got lots of Christian friends, Accutaly My best Friends are Christian , As for Jews, I Don't hold anything hostile aginst them..

So, Everything is done for, YOU Will not tell me How my relegion works , YOU Can take your faked up quotes and leave, YOU Should totaly stop hatting Muslims.. , I Mean .. you pretty much lost alot of stuff for that before... huh? If you can't Respect Muslims, how do you except them to respect ya? Accutaly.. Iam forced to " Treat your bad with good " , Morever, You are kindda Producing Hatred between Muslims, Jews & Christians, All I Came here to do on this server is to Play And have a good Time, Not to reply to your outraging thoughts aginst Islam, Had enough?...

EDIT : May i suggest, Not Try to post links about this quote from a non-real islam website? Cuz 75 Percent of them are not true, Faked, with one purpose to destroy islam/Spread hatred between all relegions. Thus, Some arab governments banned those websites.. Just saying.

I've read Qur'an. It's all in the Qur'an itself. I had my friends translate some specific parts too.

You should deal with the facts. It was written decades ago, and people believed in violence in that time. So obviously Qur'an and other holy books contain violence in them. And yes, the part "Don't befriend Jews or Christians." and violence against women are actually in your book.
Ive never read the Qur'an, but that does make sense. Back in those times women and children are always expected to obey and tolerance was not what it is today, but most people don't follow their religion down to every word anymore. In my opinion these books do contain good teachings that people should live by, but I don't beleive you should live life by every word.

You don't have to be religious to live lawfully. You can be an Atheist, and obey your elders, respect people, etc.

Muslims and Christians still follow a decades old story book.
I never said you couldn't, but their is something to learn from everything and everyone and that can be used to better yourself.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Personal Text : Die standing or live begging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

We still follow decades of traditions that have been in place and developed for over a thousand years.

The Nazi's beleived in some crackpot writings by various authors surrounding the "Occult" and beleived that Blood defines a person. And that's a lot more recent, no?

Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Dan Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 pm

So.. wait..You just failed hard Bro (Rudolf) , FYI Muslims, At that time, Didn't belive in voilence due to the fact that our relegion is based on .. idk..? Being Non-Voilent?, And second, A person who hates islam.. Reads the Qur'an? , Thrid, It is stated in Our Qur'an (Not your seemingly-to be-from the internet)
That Our relegion is based on Forgivness and Kindness.. , Now .. Iam a muslim ,You are not, I know more, You don't, Then stop putting random bullshit , Fair enough?
Mike Dan
Mike Dan
Vampire
Vampire

Personal Text : TFK

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Campbell Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 pm

I'm Christian although I never really go to church and I don't feel really comfortable talking about Religion's
Marcus Campbell
Marcus Campbell
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : R.I.P VHRP 2010-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Mike Dan wrote:So.. wait..You just failed hard Bro (Rudolf) , FYI Muslims, At that time, Didn't belive in voilence due to the fact that our relegion is based on .. idk..? Being Non-Voilent?, And second, A person who hates islam.. Reads the Qur'an? , Thrid, It is stated in Our Qur'an (Not your seemingly-to be-from the internet)
That Our relegion is based on Forgivness and Kindness.. , Now .. Iam a muslim ,You are not, I know more, You don't, Then stop putting random bullshit , Fair enough?
Cool down there is no need to take anything personal last warning.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 am

Mike Dan wrote:So.. wait..You just failed hard Bro (Rudolf) , FYI Muslims, At that time, Didn't belive in voilence due to the fact that our relegion is based on .. idk..? Being Non-Voilent?, And second, A person who hates islam.. Reads the Qur'an? , Thrid, It is stated in Our Qur'an (Not your seemingly-to be-from the internet)

I smell some madness in you. People usually get mad when they are clueless about situations. I read the Qur'an to see what the hell is in it. I don't have to be a Muslim to read it. I didn't read it on the internet. Turkey is a religious country, and we have a lot of Mosques, and places where people sell religious stuff. I bought one, read one, didn't like it. Problem?

And the Muslims didn't believe in violence? I just gave you some quotes from your story book.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Personal Text : Non silba, sed anthar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:45 am

All religions call for blood somewhere in their books (at least 3 do). It shouldn't be shown in a negative way, violence is a primal instinct and denying yourself of it is to deny yourself of your humanity
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 am

Greenson wrote:All religions call for blood somewhere in their books (at least 3 do). It shouldn't be shown in a negative way, violence is a primal instinct and denying yourself of it is to deny yourself of your humanity
Very true, we often think of ourselves above other animals, but we are subject to the laws of nature as much as any other animal. We have primal needs just as any other. We take teritories for ourselves and fight over them, sex, self perservation all of these show signs that we are truly not as different from the common beast as we beleive ourselves to be.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 am

You know that the Prophet Muhammad went to war right?...
Let me just get you the wiki link to read, becuase i CBA with detail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad

Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 am

Greenson wrote:All religions call for blood somewhere in their books (at least 3 do). It shouldn't be shown in a negative way, violence is a primal instinct and denying yourself of it is to deny yourself of your humanity

They keep spilling the blood in the streets, so I don't want that in my life.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jager Arach Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 am

Sonerin wrote:

I'm assuming by they you mean Muslims. It is not just they. All of humanity in fact in every species that has ever existed, blood has been spilt. The Universe is holstile, so impersonal. Devour to survive, so it is so it's always been.
Jager Arach
Jager Arach
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Greenson Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:47 am

From an extremists and moderate Muslim perspective the west is running a christain crusade in mesopotania and afghanistan. Sonerin everyone is involved. Even the non-religious.
Peter Greenson
Peter Greenson
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonerin Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 am

The Grim of Evil wrote:
Sonerin wrote:

I'm assuming by they you mean Muslims. It is not just they. All of humanity in fact in every species that has ever existed, blood has been spilt. The Universe is holstile, so impersonal. Devour to survive, so it is so it's always been.

Humanity isn't based on violence, but Islam is.

Look at the middle-east. They haven't developed yet. They are living with violence. And look at the non-religious countries. Scandinavian countries, Asia, Germany, France, etc. You don't see this happening in Europe.
The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

This is Islam. (Let me warn you from now, these are gore videos. I don't care if you are offended by them, no one is forcing you to watch it.)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=792_1186941763
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e58_1187043164
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aac399a62a

I don't see Atheist extermists/Pagan extermists/Christian extermists beheading or crucifying people on the streets.
Sonerin
Sonerin
Expert Killer
Expert Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Akabara Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:02 am

No, no..We ahh...We did that years ago...It was called the Crusades...Basically we went to arab land, slaughtered a load of people, nabbed a lot of Gold and other goodies and then let the pilgrims come on their journeys. Then we got beat out and fucked off again.
We had quite a few crusades too.
Tough times.

There's a lot of reasons for why we're less extreme now, dating back to the seperation of England from the Catholic Church, the spread of Presbytarianism in Scotland and a couple of civil war. What does this "English" event have to do with the rest of the world? Simple. we spread it. It caught on. America adopted a similar style with more emphasis on "free" and thats the end of that.
Ofcourse the whole thing never took off outside of Europe and the Americas. But meh?
Sam Akabara
Sam Akabara
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Tsujimura Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:17 am

tl;rd at bottom.

Now I don't know why you're arguing, or why anyone should care. I my self, peresonly, hate religion. I believe you should worship whatever you wish, how ever you wish to do it. Modern religion tell you "You can't do this", and you can't do that. Which is unfair. There shouldn't be a set of rules that hold you down in your beliefs, but instead a guide which helps you reach spirituality, in whichever thing you believe. Now, I am not against believing in something, and I support it. I am against religious laws, telling you what you can't and can do on the extreme level it is in the three main religions. I don't support attempting to cram religion down people's throat, weather it's theism, or no-theism (Belief or disbelief in a god(s). Concerning my religion, I don't have one yet. I'm more..Agnostic I suppose is the word. When the time comes, I will choose one. One that suits my veiw of the world. Simply one that tells/teaches you what to look at..How to reach spirituality, and one that's free of laws that hold you down.

Concerning the current debate, I think it's stupid to doubt a religion. You can't change a religious person. It'd me like telling you water isn't really water..You can propose a religion, give them a summery, give them what a small list of beliefs. If they are intrested, explain more. Don't point out what's wrong with their religion. There's no need for that. Simply ignore it. Be the better person. Which goes along with "don't cram religion down peoples throats". Concerning the "Islam is based on violence"...How rude. Your tone isn't "Let's discuss this, and I don't mind that it is, and I understand, and please tell me if I'm wrong". It's "YOUR RELIGION IS VIOLENT AND STUPID". All religions are based some sort of violence. Why? Because it's appropriate at the time that the "Holy" books were created. Violence is an everyday thing, and is fine. As time progressed, and the religion gained followers, there's simply no way to change the holy book. It'd be wrong, and go against what it teaches. So, obviously it doesn't make sense to you today. It's religion. Sure it's caused problems, and wars..And debates..And hate..But that can't be changed. At least not today, or tommorow..Not in months, and not in a couple of years. Maybe in another century of two. What can you do now? Continue whining and pointed out what's wrong, or deal with it face facts. Let them do what they please.

tl;rd Religion shouldn't be held down by rules, but instead be a guide- humans are violent in nature- most religions were created in times when violence was acceptable, and it stuck since you can't change something that has been around for so long.
Also, on a lighter note, The Game
Kira Tsujimura
Kira Tsujimura
Fegarri Pedia
Fegarri Pedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mercer Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:30 am

So i watched Curiosity...that show on discovery
Stephan hawkings. (he's awesome) was talking about how the universe began. and how there would be no need for a god to "create it" i actually believed him. what he said makes sence. and im starting to doubt that there is a god. or entity. or creator. whatever you want to call it. the sad part is... that there probably isen't a heaven.. which means we got one life. =/
Matt Mercer
Matt Mercer
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 am

EVERYONE.SHOULD.RESPECT.EACHOTHER.

Respect leads to more respect back to one.

Not telling you to stop the fight, but some of you are starting to go towards the Troll Side, don't do it, it's a place reserved only for CERTAIN people (yours truely).

On Topic:

I'm atheist, god doesn't exists untill i see any other evidence than the Bible.

Problem?
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Outcast Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:18 am

I'm Agnostic. I don't believe in God as the catholic church portrays him. I hate how the church runs it all and tell to people how to live. No one is going to say to me how to live and how to behave. Also, going to church for help or pray and seeing a priest in a brand new BMW makes me sick.

And I found most of the people who go to church at Sunday bad people. (if you haven't "sinned" that much, you wouldn't have to go on a confession/mass every week)
Outcast
Outcast
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Bourne Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:27 am

Known Fact:

Vatticunt has enough money to help all the World's poor people twice.
Simon Bourne
Simon Bourne
Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's Department

Personal Text : Only the dead find the true end of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Dan Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am

Iam Not raging at all, Iam just showing a point, Yes I Do realise We went to War WHEN The opposing country refused to enter islam and declared war on Islam, Basicly, It was to spread the Islam, Noone is perfect Mate. The Crusades , So basicly, You came into Our lands.. Slaughtered , Killed .. Etc.. And in the end you were repelled, And again.. Instead of talking about stuff you don't know.. See how many Crimes happen in america.. And how many happen in Egypt Or other countries? Gonna talk about size ? Sure, Let's compare a state and Egypt. and we'll see who's "Voilent"

'The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment'.

Seriously..? I Thought you could come up with something more than that.. , I Mean.. a hundred lashes? Yeah... , Currently We have something called "Trails" And "Courts" , And there is an idea behind this, If there is no such rule of Jails Or anyother punishment, People would start doing it.. Random Fathers, Random Sons, Everything is pretty much nonsence if that happend, And how many times did i ask you to stop posting Fake videos or quotes? I Know more than you, I Read the Qur'an Daily, And If we spill that much blood.. No offense to anyone.. Are we the people that are envading Palastine? As far as i know, Isreal is the one Spilling blood, Atleast 50 Person dies in Palastine From gun wounds, Abusive and lethal force , And roofs falling on their heads from the barage of bombs of Isrealian Airforce

THAT Is spilling blood, But I never came on the internet and started typing random stuff on a GAME'S website, Respect My Relegion, I Will Respect You and your relegion, But you'll see.. (And would you accutaly GET the Qur'an and Read it so you understand anything..?) But hold on.. Qur'an .. Is in Arabic..? How would you understand it.. As far as i know.. You can't speak arabic.. then can you read it?.. Don't you hate islam? then why would ya learn arabic to learn the Qur'an, Why bother..? werid huh?

Okay.. Last stuff, Stop Posting Videos, Talking about Islam and extermists pla pla pla.. Iam here to have fun.. Not to argue with someone.
Mike Dan
Mike Dan
Vampire
Vampire

Personal Text : TFK

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Djordjevic Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Don't believe in anything and you won't have nothing to discus about.

Sky, Earth and People...

...And nothing else matters.
Nicolas Djordjevic
Nicolas Djordjevic
In Game Administrator
In Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron_Lee Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Im Catholic, But I dont care which is which.... For me, as long as they teach good.
Aaron_Lee
Aaron_Lee
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Carreiro Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:10 pm

RomeKovz wrote:god doesn't exists untill i see any other evidence than the Bible.
Too right, mate.

Tommy Carreiro
R.C.S.
R.C.S.

Personal Text : t0mpwnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Tommy Carreiro wrote:
RomeKovz wrote:god doesn't exists untill i see any other evidence than the Bible.
Too right, mate.

[srsmode]

I still think its pretty ignorant to go so far as to say there isn't a higher being or something responsible for our origins somewhere, or at least some intelligent predecessor to human civilization in the history of the entire freakin' universe.

I believe in the theory of evolution. It's much more scientifically plausible, and science has already proven to be made of facts that you can say "Hey, I can believe that, I've seen it happen almost everyday."

But, before evolution, before the forming of the planets, stars, the galaxy...I wanna know what's there. I can only really hope we expand our view of the universe and maybe even other universes...though I probably won't see anything interesting in my lifetime(we're still just now getting photos of stars and stuff light years away that were taken so many years ago).

[/srsmode]

The Religion Topic - Page 2 YEI2Y
Nazz
Nazz
The Camarilla
The Camarilla

Personal Text : The Herd: For Everypony!

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Donnerfield Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 pm

It doesn't actually say that in Qu'ran. I can assure you, and if it is, then your telling me that all the muslims around the world who have non muslim friends are now non believers? Seriously?...It must be somewhere around that type of region, but I'm sure it doesn't say that..
D_Donnerfield
D_Donnerfield
E.M.S.
E.M.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next